PING G410 Plus LST Driver

I had another really good day of keeping the ball in play, well except for a couple of patented Kevin wild swings. I prefer more of a carbon sound but can appreciate the more old school sound this one creates. It doesn't seem to want to turn one way or the other real hard which is great. But, I again felt like i was losing distance. I absolutely piped one drive, with a little breeze, and it didn't get nearly where I expected it to. I had a couple more well struck drives that had similar results.

I'm wondering though if I need to turn the loft down a degree. I seem to get a bit of a ballooning flight so maybe that will help. I'll give it a go in my next round and see what happens.

Reactions: JB
So here's a question for you knowledgeable shaft guys. I have the Tensei Orange 60 I'm my LST which I believe is counter balanced. Would the shaft being counter balanced have an effect on my flight being so high or having a less piercing ball flight?

I tried 1 today with a Tensei Orange and kept hitting it really high on the face causing a sky ball. I had the same issue with my F8 and the Mavrik so I know it’s a swing flaw. I did hit some better drives with the Mavrik once I went up to the Rouge white 70s.

Ok, was moving my weight back to the neutral spot after trying it in the draw setting and not liking it. The screw broke off in the head, has anyone had this happen to them? If so how the hell did u get it out? I tried using a small drill bit and couldn’t make a dent in it. Super irritated, I had another weight so able to put it in the draw setting to use but don’t really want to keep it like this. Any suggestions?image.jpg

And yes I was using the ping wrench

that's a clean shear, if you can cut a notch you should be able to use a small flathead to get it out

or send it in to PING

So here's a question for you knowledgeable shaft guys. I have the Tensei Orange 60 I'm my LST which I believe is counter balanced. Would the shaft being counter balanced have an effect on my flight being so high or having a less piercing ball flight?

The Orange isn’t going to aid much in high ball flight.

Reactions: KEV
Ping driver back in the bag....

that's a clean shear, if you can cut a notch you should be able to use a small flathead to get it out

or send it in to PING

Yep, it’a clean. The small flat head is a good idea just need to somehow get it to grab. If not I guess I will send it back to Ping and hopefully they will be able to fix it

Yep, it’a clean. The small flat head is a good idea just need to somehow get it to grab. If not I guess I will send it back to Ping and hopefully they will be able to fix it
If just send it in. 100% they’ll take care of it.

You can buy yourself an EZ Out set as cheap as $10 at Home Depot or amazon. Then you can use it to get that piece out and always have it on hand in case you ever have another problem.

First round in the books with the LST. Only missed two fairways and just barely. Just as forgiving as the Max for me anyways and I feel I can really go after it without fear of the dreaded hook. Very impressive and the best sounding / feeling driver from Ping I’ve ever felt.

Driver is on its way back to Ping so looks like I will be 3 wood off the tee for a few weeks. I can’t believe I don’t have a spare driver in the closet. Lesson learned, will most likely purchase a Sim max this week to go head to head with the lst when I get it back

Driver is on its way back to Ping so looks like I will be 3 wood off the tee for a few weeks. I can’t believe I don’t have a spare driver in the closet. Lesson learned, will most likely purchase a Sim max this week to go head to head with the lst when I get it back
I have a cheaper and beastlier recommendation...

I have a cheaper and beastlier recommendation...
Lets hear it, I think I have an idea what u r going to tell me...

Another 9 holes with this yesterday and more of the same results, a high flight that doesn't seem to give me the distance I expect. I'll admit I was swinging like garbage most of my round but I did have two drives that I expected to be bombs that were again behind where I think it should have landed. The ball just seems to float in the air and not pierce through it even after lowering the loft one.

On the plus side it does seem pretty forgiving for being a low spin driver.

I just have to decide if I want to get in to tinkering with shafts to see if that helps or go a different route. With so many options out there I have a hard time giving up distance.

Well my round today started out with more of the same, nice shots with a floating ball flight. Part way through the tone I decided to set it down to 9* and that seemed to help. I started seeing a little more piercing, lower flight and distance seemed a little better. I guess we’ll see how this plays out and I’m thinking about getting my KuroKage shaft re-tipped and plugging it in to see if that does anything.

Well my round today started out with more of the same, nice shots with a floating ball flight. Part way through the tone I decided to set it down to 9* and that seemed to help. I started seeing a little more piercing, lower flight and distance seemed a little better. I guess we’ll see how this plays out and I’m thinking about getting my KuroKage shaft re-tipped and plugging it in to see if that does anything.

Where did you play? I played Spring Creek with my dad and shot 42/45. I should have kept teeing off with my 4 wood or King Utility on the back. My driver is killing me...high pull or a 100 yard pop up.

Where did you play? I played Spring Creek with my dad and shot 42/45. I should have kept teeing off with my 4 wood or King Utility on the back. My driver is killing me...high pull or a 100 yard pop up.
I was back in my hometown of Scotland this weekend for a tournament. I feel your pain on the driver killing you man, that’s been my problem and easily costing me 5 strokes a round this year. I finally started hitting this well so we’ll see if I can keep it up.

How was Spring Creek? I can’t believe I haven’t been out there for a round yet this year. Speaking of, we still need to meet up for a round sometime!

I was back in my hometown of Scotland this weekend for a tournament. I feel your pain on the driver killing you man, that’s been my problem and easily costing me 5 strokes a round this year. I finally started hitting this well so we’ll see if I can keep it up.

How was Spring Creek? I can’t believe I haven’t been out there for a round yet this year. Speaking of, we still need to meet up for a round sometime!

Spring Creek is in great shape as usual. They moved the tees back on 9 to make it a par 5 but the course is pretty short with #12 washed out. We definitely need to play! I’m off every weekend and have been playing early both days haha.

Spring Creek is in great shape as usual. They moved the tees back on 9 to make it a par 5 but the course is pretty short with #12 washed out. We definitely need to play! I’m off every weekend and have been playing early both days haha.
Awesome. I know I’m out of town this weekend but maybe we can line something up the following one.

I use the plus rather than the LST. The thing is a beast. I’m seeing my average up by around 20 yards over my old Callaway. I did give one a really good spank today. I find it a little hard to believe the ball went as far as ShotScope says, but the position shown is definitely accurate, I remember it clearly as I had a crap lie.
ADE1AC57-AABC-4755-8B3B-67B94487654F.jpegThese Ping drivers are seriously legit. Can’t be a coincidence that since putting this club in the bag 4 or so months ago, I’ve been playing the best golf of my life!

I can not for the life of me get this dang thing to stop ballooning! I've piped drives and it just floats up which is nice with the wind, but it's absolutely killing me in to the wind. I'm getting a Ping tip installed on my trusty old KuroKage shaft and we'll see if that makes a difference but if not, this thing is going to be gone.

I will say forgiveness seems pretty good for this kind of club. That is appreciated but not at a loss like I'm seeing in distance.

Back