PING G410 Plus LST Driver

This is my sentiment with it, it’s comfortable for me and maybe the best balance of low spin and forgiveness.

Im going to stop fighting it and just own it instead. Which means offing the competition. One heck of a BST thread coming haha

That’s what always gets me is how forgiving the g410 heads are. Especially for a low spin head with the LST it is amazing how forgiving it is.

Oh yeah!

09BC8581-274A-4047-871F-EDBF375E28D6.jpeg

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
That is a GREAT driver.
I took a few swings with it at our Top Golf knockoff facility tonight and enjoyed it so far. I think tomorrow morning I'll take my son out to the range and get some real swings in. It's definitely a different sound than the SIM though, which isn't a bad thing at all. Plus it's so nice having a little deeper face again.

Since we are sharing pics of our LST’s, just finished this one up today.
5e3cbae89074f722c907e31dfd6db21b.jpg

7f177c6f5aef033a5934bf602e478cc6.jpg

I’m done messing with shafts for now, I’m going to stick with the RPG 362 m4 and the Diamana zf will either sit in the closet or get moved.

I threw the LST straight in to play for a match today and liked what I saw out of the gate. We didn't have ideal conditions (3-4 club wind) but I came away with a few thoughts.

- the sound and feel brought me back to the G400 and is much more old school than a lot of options out there.

- it already appears to be more forgiving than my SIM. One shot in particular that would have been a wounded duck with the SIM stayed elevated and didn't hook as much as I was expecting. There was still a significant distance loss but better than what I had been experiencing.

- at 10.5* loft I was hitting it pretty high. That was a bit of a killer today in the wind but should be nice on other days.

- the head feels significantly heavier than the SIM which is something I love. It feels like I'm swinging a sledgehammer through the air. It gives me the feeling that I can use that weight and momentum vs relying on speed with lighter heads.

Overall I enjoyed my first outing and am looking forward to my next round out.

The 410 LST seems to still kind of fly under the radar somehow. I wish the sound was slightly more muted but it is the best combination of spin, looks, feel, and performance in a current model driver in my opinion. I am as big of a driver ho as anyone, and although TM drivers tend to work best for me, the 410 LST is firmly in the bag right now. Maybe because the it has been out awhile but SIM, Mavrik, etc are all as good, they just don't give me the same confidence as the Ping.

Good results for me with a hzrdus yellow because of the head weight, but I think there is a little more I can squeeze out of it with a different shaft.

Well I tried... took 19 days to get to me. The shaft and grip are perfect. Nice and shining and new. It's a "Plus" head. It will be lower lofted than what I had in the G400Max and I'll crank it down further and see how it works. I'm not going another 3 weeks getting it all straightened out. Wrong shafts put in my i200s I traded in on this driver. As much as I hate to say it... They are on the list of things to avoid now along with TaylorMade.

Well I tried... took 19 days to get to me. The shaft and grip are perfect. Nice and shining and new. It's a "Plus" head. It will be lower lofted than what I had in the G400Max and I'll crank it down further and see how it works. I'm not going another 3 weeks getting it all straightened out. Wrong shafts put in my i200s I traded in on this driver. As much as I hate to say it... They are on the list of things to avoid now along with TaylorMade.
That’s a bummer, they’re one of two that consistently get orders right on the nose for me.

I know waiting sucks, but no reason to not get what you ordered, unless they’re going to refund you and let you keep the plus (which isn’t in the same realm of good as the lst)

This one showed me today...yet again...why it’s beaten all challengers so far.

It’s just badass for me. Lower spin than the others I’ve tried it against, and as forgiving as any of them even as the LST head.

That said, it has one, maybe two new challengers to take on.:oops:

That’s a bummer, they’re one of two that consistently get orders right on the nose for me.

I know waiting sucks, but no reason to not get what you ordered, unless they’re going to refund you and let you keep the plus (which isn’t in the same realm of good as the lst)

I was on the fence with the LST. Spin was 2800 with plus and 2400 with LST. At my level I may be splitting hairs. Accuracy was about the same. I gained significantly over the G400Max by 10 yards. Not sure if it was strike or weighting or what it was. Gonna ride what I'm doing now unless they want to send me one. I'm not waiting that long again :) Over the course of time, the stability of the Plus may save my butt anyways. (finding the positives as I dwell on it)

This one showed me today...yet again...why it’s beaten all challengers so far.

It’s just badass for me. Lower spin than the others I’ve tried it against, and as forgiving as any of them even as the LST head.

That said, it has one, maybe two new challengers to take on.:oops:

Curious as to who the new challengers are?

New shaft showed up today for my LST. Ventus Velocore Blue 6X going in tomorrow and going to the range on Thursday for a showdown with the HZRDUS Smoke Yellow. This LST 9* head is just a winner, has been the best combo of distance and forgiveness out of everything I’ve tried this year including G410 Plus, M5, M6, SiM, SiM Max, TS3, SpeedZone, and Mavrik Sub Zero. Now I’m just messing around with this Ventus because I’ve heard so many good things about it.

The 410 LST is now sitting on the shelf in my workshop room. It isn’t getting sold, I’ve got too many happy thoughts of it.

For as many of the new releases as it held off for me in both cobras and two Callaway heads...it never saw the EXS 220 Pro coming :oops:

The 410 LST is now sitting on the shelf in my workshop room. It isn’t getting sold, I’ve got too many happy thoughts of it.

For as many of the new releases as it held off for me in both cobras and two Callaway heads...it never saw the EXS 220 Pro coming :oops:
Boooo. Understandable though, it sounds like that driver is working well for you.

Outside of one really wonky swing yesterday I had a pretty good driving day with this. I hit several fairways and the ball seems to just want to go straight.

This doesn't seem to be a distance monster though. I don't feel like I'm hitting it as far as my last couple of drivers. On the flip side if it keeps me in play I may be willing to give some of that distance up, to a certain extent that is. I'll be monitoring that over the next few rounds.

Boooo. Understandable though, it sounds like that driver is working well for you.

Outside of one really wonky swing yesterday I had a pretty good driving day with this. I hit several fairways and the ball seems to just want to go straight.

This doesn't seem to be a distance monster though. I don't feel like I'm hitting it as far as my last couple of drivers. On the flip side if it keeps me in play I may be willing to give some of that distance up, to a certain extent that is. I'll be monitoring that over the next few rounds.
Give it time, distance will come as you get comfortable. Ball speed for ball speed, it has hung with everything I have thrown at it, but with shocking forgiveness.

I LOVE this driver, but I can’t ignore the spin and speed averages from the 220 Pro, I just can’t.

Did you get to try it before buying? If so was it shorter then? Your results mirror mine. On the plus side I found it to be the best sounding of the G410 line.

Did you get to try it before buying? If so was it shorter then? Your results mirror mine. On the plus side I found it to be the best sounding of the G410 line.
I didn't try it out before hand unfortunately. With the Covid stuff going on I had stayed away from demoing clubs but I'm wishing I would have.

I think I need to break down and take the 3 1/2 hour trip to the Minneapolis Club Champion for a fitting.

Reactions: JB
I didn't try it out before hand unfortunately. With the Covid stuff going on I had stayed away from demoing clubs but I'm wishing I would have.

I think I need to break down and take the 3 1/2 hour trip to the Minneapolis Club Champion for a fitting.
CC fitting would be a blast.

Keep swinging the LST though, it’s just as ball speed capable as anything out there, and lower spin than many out there. I know theyre not super popular here, but PING has always made great drivers.

Good thing though? There are some STELLAR options out there.

CC fitting would be a blast.

Keep swinging the LST though, it’s just as ball speed capable as anything out there, and lower spin than many out there. I know theyre not super popular here, but PING has always made great drivers.

Good thing though? There are some STELLAR options out there.
I plan on sticking with it for awhile, especially if I keep the ball in play with it. I loved the G400 so I have high hopes long term with this.

I plan on sticking with it for awhile, especially if I keep the ball in play with it. I loved the G400 so I have high hopes long term with this.
The more time you give it, the more you’re going to enjoy it.

The EXS 220 Pro t-boned it?

Putting the G410 LST in play tomorrow for the first time to see if it can unseat the G400 Max.

The G400 Max has been a fairway finder for me but every once in a while,I would get a straight pull. I’m hoping that the G410 LST with its more open address with the flat lie setting will eliminate that shot.

Hoping not to give up too much forgiveness as the Max would give me fairways I did not deserve sometimes.

Back