Also, does anyone else seem to notice the SM7 vibes this shape is giving?

If they aren't $79 or less they are charging too much. I would have probably gone in the $49-$59 range genuinely.
There are far too many brands out there with both cast and forged wedges in the $79-$99 for products.
This was what I was thinking would be their sweet spot. But, after seeing how much they charged for their putter, I have no idea. Can get the RTX-4 for $99 right now, I cannot see them trying to compete against that. But, who knows.

@Nate 53 posts and you haven't shown up yet? You must obviously be on your way home from Florida...no way you would have missed this.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Im a fan of their cheap but decent leather gloves, not interested in any of their clubs.

I can’t wait for all the shock articles on these 👀

Haha! Oh they'll come! #PageviewsForDays

(I'm using this gif all day)

I mean theyll definitely cater to a certain market, but I'm not expecting a slew of lofts and grinds like the OEMs have

Also, does anyone else seem to notice the SM7 vibes this shape is giving?

Voke doesn't bake cookies. So advantage...Costco.

I think the idea of a 3 piece set in the $150 range would be ideal, but for some reason I don't see that happening. I was off on the putter price and was not impressed with what I saw in it. So, I'm betting they will be in the $60-75 a piece range. And with that, I'll never buy them.

So the real question is, what's next? Irons or driver?

If they aren't $79 or less they are charging too much. I would have probably gone in the $49-$59 range genuinely.
I can get a Cleveland CBX on clearance for $90, so I should hope so.

I wonder if these'll show up in Costco's fliers? I can hear it now: "Honey, didn't you say you still needed a wedge?"
lol.gif

Not being a golf prude, I don't think. A lot of Costco Kirkland-branded stuff is good stuff. (NOT their alkaline batteries, IME, however!) And I guess this wedge is meant to be aimed at people just like me: New, possibly casual, possibly very casual golfers. But, still: I tend to shy away from common hobbiest-/consumer-/residential-/what-have-you-grade stuff, because I've found spending a bit more for professional-/prosumer-/commercial-grade stuff pays off in the long run. I'd be inclined to give these a pass.

I went with my original suggestion because I had a hard time picturing the cross section of Costco golf club shoppers and those who comfortably play a 60* wedge. If this is a set with a 60, then it should do wonders for pace of play around the greens :rolleyes:.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Searching around. it does sound as though it will be a 3 wedge set. 52, 56, 60. I am super curious the price now.

Haha! Oh they'll come! #PageviewsForDays

(I'm using this gif all day)

Bahahahaha

yes they will too, low hanging fruit is to hard for those to resist!

These threads are oddly entertaining to me. I really don't think Costco is marketing their golf stuff to the elitist crowd that seems to have such a problem with them selling golf clubs. Fun to see some people get their panties in such a bunch over it though.

Since you seem to know, who is supplying them to Costco?
Not sure about the wedges, but for the putter it was their board of directors. Seriously.

If they perform well this is awesome imo. Quality equipment at better prices only makes golf more accessible. Curious to see how these perform compared to the major brands.

I'm sure these have the high dollar OEM's a little worried...for awhile.
If these things turn out to be a decent wedge it could have them worried for quite awhile.
I too will wait on judgement until they are out in the world and I can get my hands on them to try.
If they come out at the $150 a set price, I might just buy a set for some serious trials.

I say good for them.
Stamping a blank and selling it is hardly new in the Golf space, and it's just a cheaper form of milling a blank - which is celebrated by many people who dont know better.

The broader discussion here should be about golf club R&D. You either believe it works and are willing to pay for it, or you think it's just a fancy marketing term and put no stock in it. Many many buyers in the 2nd category.
This is the point I'm at. If people are willing to spend money on something like this than good for Kirkland for taking advantage of it. Would I ever buy the product? Heck no. There are too many good options out there that I can get for a good price. But there's obviously a market for this product.

THis guy is going to love these wedges.

1595951568558.png

Since you seem to know, who is supplying them to Costco?
Sharing my opinion bro. I don’t know, and I honestly don’t care.

Back