Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5 Putter Inspired By Justin Thomas

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Fresh off a runner up finish at the Tour Championship and a win at the WGC FedEx St. Jude, Scotty Cameron is releasing a new putter inspired by Justin Thomas. Hitting stores on the 22nd of this month, the limited edition is designed to the specs of the putter JT is using.

Each putter incorporates the custom setup that JT has been using for a number of years now including the welded slant neck. To commemorate this special release, Scotty and team created a “Circle JT” emblem that is engraved on the heel of the putter face.

s2-1024x747.jpg

“Justin Thomas is one of those unique players who only comes around once or twice in a generation,” Cameron said. “He first visited the Putter Studio as a young amateur when he played a Newport 2. JT loved that traditional putter look. But even after getting his first tour win with the blade, he started to consider a change. He poked around our putter bag...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually like the look of this putter, then sticker shock set in. ;)

I like the looks of this putter. I have no doubt this one will sell out and become a collector's item.

Really good looking putter. If it could guarantee I would putt as well as JT with it, I would gladly fork over the cash. Haha

I'm sure they will sell a lot of those. Good looking, just not for me.

I was researching his putter less than a month ago and wanted to try the shape and design. I really really like this idea but the price is hard to take a flier on. Maybe I will. Maybe not. But it sure is cool

i didn't realize jt had enough shine to justify his own limited release. i really like a lot about the putter, except all the jt stuff. not because i dislike him, i actually enjoy watching him play. he just hasn't earned enough cache to compel me to splash his name all over my gear.

It's a pretty cool release and I'm sure it will sell out quick. I wonder what the flipping market will be like for this one.

Really good looking putter. If it could guarantee I would putt as well as JT with it, I would gladly fork over the cash. Haha
I would pay double LOL!

I kind of like that. What does the rest of it look like?

I kind of like that. What does the rest of it look like?

If viewing on the forum, click the continue reading at the bottom and see the full feature.

If viewing on the forum, click the continue reading at the bottom and see the full feature.
Omg, I clearly haven't had enough coffee yet I totally missed that haha

• Haha
Reactions: JB
That is gorgeous! And expensive. But beautiful! But too much $$$

Upon further inspection I really like it. Hefty price tag though and I'm not that type of putter collector haha

Wow - gorgeous! This is my favorite Cameron to date!

Don't like the JT logo. LOVE LOVE LOVE everything else. If I purchased, I probably wouldn't flip it.

i much prefer the circle t there and on the sole plate. but that would probably triple the price on the secondary market, so there's that.

Great shape. JT stuff sucks. I cant figure out if the logo wants to look like Prince or bad Affliction font.

Price tag is... hefty.

I see a lot of refinishing companies offer the "JT" service basically, adding a welded flow neck to putters that don't have them (not stock).

Price with a refinish would come relatively close to what they are charging for the Inspired by, which I think would look a hell of a lot better without that awful logo on the face. I know it's JT's brand or whatever, but it looks terrible on there - like a knockoff.

Does it have big value in resale? I don't think so. Rors had an inspired by that did pretty well but it was a shape that isn't regularly accessible to the public (without spending 3k or more). At least in that case all the Rory specific stuff was on the sole.

I see a lot of refinishing companies offer the "JT" service basically, adding a welded flow neck to putters that don't have them (not stock).

Price with a refinish would come relatively close to what they are charging for the Inspired by, which I think would look a hell of a lot better without that awful logo on the face. I know it's JT's brand or whatever, but it looks terrible on there - like a knockoff.

Does it have big value in resale? I don't think so. Rors had an inspired by that did pretty well but it was a shape that isn't regularly accessible to the public (without spending 3k or more). At least in that case all the Rory specific stuff was on the sole.
The logo reminds me of Gordon Ramsey's Hells Kitchen logo.

4AD6C30E-D2B0-4C23-940B-D40E0B6BAAFD.jpeg
1913D98D-D13D-4F5F-A6B1-8873A5DDDB6D.jpeg

Reactions: KEV
Back