Valero Texas Open [Spoilers]

Kevin Na, a 15?!! WTH??????

Good thing I have Henry and Cink

I'm not keeping up with the tournament right now, but in FL I am in 53rd with 3 guys on the other side of the cut line.

Wow a 16, and he had to card it too. I guess it even happens to the best, if they let it. What a game.

The look on his caddys face was priceless!

the saga of kevin na

Kevin Na had just had a struggle from underneath a tree at the par-5 8th hole, when he arrived at the tee of the par-4 9th hole at the TPC San Antonio in the opening round of the Valero Texas Open. Little did he know what was about to happen.

Na hits his tee shot well to the right. Way right. It goes into the woods – deep brush, filled with thorny branches and dense, small trees. Miraculously, Na and his caddie find the ball, but decide there’s no way that they can properly play the ball to get it out of the forest. So they head back to the tee.

Then Na hits his second tee shot. It may as well have been an instant replay of the first. He drops his club to the ground instantly in disgust (which disgusted me). It’s deep right again.

Just for good measure – in case of a lost ball, not an unplayable lie when he finds the second tee shot – Na hits a half-decent provisional, although that went left.

Na and his caddie find the ball in the woods. He lies three, hitting four. He and his caddie assess that there’s a “50/50 chance” of getting out with a pitched 7 or 8-iron. Na decides he’s gonna hit.

Whack. The ball hits a tree in front of Na, then something else, and lands behind him. That something else was Na’s pant leg.

“Unless that was a branch that came up,” Na said to his caddie, “that was the ball.”

The two bring in a rules official to explain. Over the radio, a Tour official tells Na, “It appears from television the ball did strike you.”

That’s a penalty stroke. Now, he’s hitting six. But from there, he can’t hit the ball. So he takes an unplayable lie and moves back two club lengths. Up to eight.

He hits his eighth. The ball goes forward, but deeper into the woods on the right. Na walks up to the ball quickly, takes a left-handed stance, and whacks at it again for nine. That moves about four feet. Then he hits his tenth shot from the right side. It goes forward, but still about the same depth in the woods.

Na is pacing quickly now. He finds his 10th shot and whacks at it. This time is goes backward as Na yells, “Oh, come on!” to the ball.

Finally, with his 12th shot, Na gets out of the Woods to somewhat relieved, somewhat sarcastic applause.

With prickly thorn in his clothing and likely some tears (not crying, but rips) in his shirt, Na gets green side from 108 yards. He gets up-and-down for 15.

At that point, what can you do but smile? Withdraw?

Man i feel sorry for the kid lol, thats rough, a 15 is just well you know what, guess it even happens to the best of them. I dont feel so bad about my last 2 horrible rounds after that lol

the saga of kevin na

I am watching this on dvr right. Wow is all I can say. On about the 11th stroke when it hit a tree and when further back in the woods, that would have been the point where I would have went ballistic.

I'm really excited this week, this is my first week doing fantasy golf so it is even more exciting to watch when some of the big names aren't playing. I'm trying to get a good understanding of everything before the second session starts. Watch out everyone!

53rd place for me after round one. Not so good.

currently in 16th. I think i'm in 16th simply because I didn't have Na on my team :laughing:

How awesome is it to see Stewart Cink on top of the leaderboard right now? I hope he can keep up the good play and pull in another win!

How awesome is it to see Stewart Cink on top of the leaderboard right now? I hope he can keep up the good play and pull in another win!

Pretty awesome. I like seeing Adam Scott up there for a possible repeat, but seeing that tall guy on the top is pretty cool too.

I knew he could not stay there P4B, I gave him the kiss of death and have him on my Fantasy Team.

Wow so much for Cink being on top of the leaderboard.

Wow so much for Cink being on top of the leaderboard.

Well there's plenty of people on my team that can keep him company as he falls down the leaderboard.

Well there's plenty of people on my team that can keep him company as he falls down the leaderboard.

haha yeah same here. Pretty much my whole team is down there waiting for Mr. Cink

haha yeah same here. Pretty much my whole team is down there waiting for Mr. Cink

I threw together a bunch of randoms this week with maybe the exceptions of Sneds and CH3 to try and possibly gain something on the popular picks....FAIL.

Whoops, sorry for the curse there Stewart Cink....damn the second I posted that he just went on a bogey frenzy.

I threw together a bunch of randoms this week with maybe the exceptions of Sneds and CH3 to try and possibly gain something on the popular picks....FAIL.

I did the same thing. Fail sauce all over the place.

Haha, dude your avy's have been killing me lately.

This is the first one Ive changed on my own. My avy has this funny way of changing itself..... must be something to do with the hater-aid people drink lol

This is the first one Ive changed on my own. My avy has this funny way of changing itself..... must be something to do with the hater-aid people drink lol

That silly guy...so Im guessing this either reffers to their greeting or their pre shot routine.

Back