LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Haha...Jose talking up @e1iterate's first tee shot, followed by JB's "don't go get that... it's in the range"!

It was not in the range FWIW, barely on the side hill. We did use my man @OITW ‘s ball since it was in the short stuff.

On a serious note @chefkritter and I had a blast keeping the scorecard all weekend. It kept me into the action and I hope it helped the THP viewing community and I hope the participants enjoyed it as a way to see what was going on in the other matches!

It was soo much fun. Next year I’ll be sure to do more leg work on the front end with some formulas etc. to make the updating quicker so we can get the results into the thread faster.

Any and all suggestions for tweaks is appreciated.
Well the Next Event - @chefkritter & I are actually on the scorecard, so going to need to line up some others to help... And all of you need to watch along too... 😎

It was not in the range FWIW, barely on the side hill. We did use my man @OITW ‘s ball since it was in the short stuff.
Anyone who has been around @JB should know that “It’s over on the range” or “you can pick that one up on the next hole”, have to be a couple of his favorite phrases to give you a hard time.

Once everything calms down for all the participants, I'd love to hear everyone's favorite memory, as well as most memorable shot, from their MC experience.

Just landed in Chicago! Next stop is Charlotte! Can’t wait to see the fam.

On the plane now getting ready to head home.

WOW - what a weekend!

This thread, just through the event,was ON FIRE - I barely scratched the surface, seeing/responding to a lot of you in here. I want to thank all of you for following along, was such a treat to see so many people so excited about this experience and engaging with the teams and following along.

This year has been a trying one for many and being able to escape and get back some normalcy was very important to me and I’m sure the other participants.

TPCLV was absolutely gorgeous, the Friday practice round was the first day the course stopped CPO coming out of overseed.

It was a challenging but fair layout, I know Paradise made it look it easy, but it was a fantastic venue for an experience of this magnitude. Highly recommend it for people heading out to Vegas to play.

The Cobra golf equipment and Puma golf apparel. It’s been well documented in the specific threads but the drivers/fairways/irons/wedges/bags were top notch and outstanding. Based on the epic shots that were hit, they speak for themselves. The apparel surpassed all expectations- Rachel swagged us out like whoa!!! Cloudspun held up in the desert heat. The weekender shorts were probably my sleeper pick for favorite piece of apparel.

No one re-caps (and in-round caps) like OITW! Great stuff.

Have to agree on the weekender shorts. I bought some on a whim recently after I saw Coach Rusty on IG wearing them. He said they were his favorite of all the Puma shorts. They quickly became mine, and I just bought a few more. Super underrated.

Once everything calms down for all the participants, I'd love to hear everyone's favorite memory, as well as most memorable shot, from their MC experience.
That’s easy for me both are on the same hole. Alt shot, hole 8 with hackers popping @MarMill8412 amd I are 1up. He put us in the fairway and I stuck the approach to about 3’ meanwhile @Parrot for Hackers just missed the green and the ball was sitting in the rough about an inch from falling into the bunker.

We are thinking we had the hole and the match. Then.. @e1iterate holes out the chip for par/net birdie and completely flips the script on us!! Thankfully Marmill was putting and not me because I probably would have missed it. Marmill knocks it in for our natural birdie to go to 9

It was awesome to see on both sides there and I won’t forget the way that happened. We would go on to win hole 9 and the match but man that was crazy!!

This thread is the perfect example of our awesome community during an event. THPers from all over are glued to whats happening in Vegas, and are genuinely invested in every part of it. Its incredible and only happens here. So happy to be a part of this place.

I was literally sitting on the side with people just grinning after that. It was just so perfect.

Most memorable shot is the one @jdtox mentioned above. I remember walking up to the ball and seeing how close it was to the bunker and shaking my head. Yags looks at me and says you got this shot. I’m thinking he is nuts and I’d rather actually be in the bunker lol.

I look over @Parrot and say I’ve got to make this to halve the hole since jdtox stuffed that wedge in there. I watch @MarMill8412 go mark the ball and it briefly crossed my mind to ask him to move the mark over some. I didn’t cause I thought it would look terrible especially if I didn’t sniff the hole.

Anyway, I remember making solid contact with my 58* MIM wedge and saying it’s got a chance, just cut inside that ball mark and it’s in. It does and falls in dead center of the cup! I let out a yell that the entire course heard I’m sure leaving many outside our group wondering who just hit a hole in one. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

It was cool to come through in the clutch like that. Jeremy and Will collected themselves nicely as Will sank the putt for birdie and then closed us out on the 9th.

8B54AB2C-17C3-4AAF-AAD2-9D5BC7D8ED69.jpeg

Last edited:
hope the participants enjoyed it as a way to see what was going on in the other matches!
This. Seeing it every few pages while posting hole updates was essential to knowing where we stood.

Big thanks to you, @chefkritter , and anyone else involved in updating it.

most memorable shot
~150 yd 9-iron out of the desert on 4 in alt shot to keep us in the hole.

Chip-in for eagle on 3 after @ToddJ027b 's bomb off the tee in the shamble.

@Parrot 's tee dart on 12.

Any of @maxw72 's 12* 3W bombs.

@e1iterate 7-iron tee shot on 16 in singles still hasn't come down yet, I don't think.

@KY Golfer 's GIR on 2 in singles after drawing it into the desert.

After my poor efforts on #14 at CDA last year, there was no way I was coming in unprepared for #2 this year. To go 3-for-3 GIR in the practice round, shamble (from 190-ish, I think), and singles was satisfying, too.

Last edited:

For me it would be the shamble match. Two shots stick out for me. @Jmk202 and I were fighting to get back in that match and he stuffed one tight on hole 12 for a natural birdie. We make our way back to AS and then @jdtox and @vdubtx take no 17 to go one up. We have a pretty sizable gallery on 18 and my drive is in the left rough. We had 170 to the hole and into a stout wind. I hit probably my best shot of the week with my 7i and it landed about 5’ behind the hole and we ended up halving the match.

Playing with such great dudes and being in that atmosphere is what really stands out the most and I will never forget that moment.

The most memorable shot I saw over the weekend was @KY Golfer holing out from 85 yds. to halve #3 in shamble. I remember a lot of my shots, good and bad. My best shot was the 40’ putt that halved the hole in shamble.

Last edited:
Being able to finally meet everyone and get to know them IRL instead of online was the most memorable to me. Eating pizza with both teams in the hotel room shooting the breeze is something that was very special. Just being able to talk to yags and jose was also so great. @KY Golfer is a dang funny guy. Think everyone’s sides hurt in the room from laughing so much.

Most memorable shots for me were like @jdtox and @e1iterate stated above. The chip in for net birdie and then to bury the putt over the top was great. Icing on the cake was 9 where @jdtox bombed a drive and I just had to hit over a bunker protecting the front of the green. We went on two get a point for our team!

I’ll put a more in depth recap up later.

Congrats Team Paradise, there was some good golf played by all and it looks like everyone had a blast, nothing like a THP event.

Made it back to Charlotte!

I miss my guys and my Paradise brothers but I’m glad to be home.

Back