LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra Golf

You did take today off didn't you? :LOL: Crushing the recaps buddy.
No I'm at work but not much to do today, THANKFULLY. I'm still exhausted

I would give back all my cobra/Puma gear, clubs, and still pay the Morgan Cup entry fee if it meant that I would still get the advice and golf lessons from you

Just to experience the weekend with you, Maxy, and everyone else, I'd do the same. @jdtox mentioned the wait we had in alt shot. That little bit of time and what was shared there was something totally unexpected and something I'll never forget. THP experiences have a way of getting people to open up to relative strangers who become some of your best friends. The times I shared with all of you this weekend, I'd give all the stuff back. (But, I'm glad I get both!)

I am loving the recaps! Wow, The first round at Paiute seems like an eternity ago with how much got packed into this past weekend. What a ride! I had to hit the ground running back in Austin, but will have more coming.

Guys, I have been loving the updates, just makes me love this event even more than before!

So much has been said about this event, but it's the people that make it is what is it. I asked you to note your most memorable shot, thinking most would go into detail about how you hit your best shot on hole 18 within 5 feet, from 180 out. Instead, it was my playing partner hit this amazing shot to bring us back in the match, or how an opponent chipped in to put the pressure on us. I don't know why I expected anything less, but it was fabulous to hear you praising the play of others!

I really jumped in, not just following the event, but trying to interact before, during, and now after. All I can say is all those involved with this 2020 event made it into something special, and carried on the tradition. Absolute class! Helping those who are struggling find their groove. Cheering for those you were playing against. Having captains in @jdtox and @OITW show so much excitement for the event, THP, and Cobra/Puma! Bringing the forum along with pressure filled live tee shots, all while smiling from ear to ear the entire time. So many great people in this iteration of the Morgan Cup, and I am so happy for the Experience you all got to have. Keep enjoying the Cobra clubs, gear, and Puma apparel that you received! Thanks for bringing us all along for the ride!

These are really fun recaps to read. Great job so far guys. Seems like just a perfect group of guys for this event. Glad to see it went so well in a year where everything has been so challenging.

Saturday Shamble:

I was paired with Jose for my first event start. He was able to bring a calming presence to the match for me. He can freaking play golf. It made that round so easy. Every single ball was in the fairway. Took a lot of pressure off and just got to play my game. He even gave me a quick lesson on the range with my driver and adjusted it to 11.5*. We got to play our match with @OITW and @e1iterate . Those two were soo much fun to play with. I wouldn't even say we were playing against each other as much as we were playing golf together. They both played great golf. Man @e1iterate can hit the ball high!:LOL: I was able to watch some Tour worthy shots from each one of them. The match was super tight through 9. Then me and Jose (mostly Jose) started turning it on and were able to secure a point for Paradise! Glad to share that experience with you guys. @e1iterate hope you had fun playing with a bunch of asians!

This was awful :ROFLMAO:. Our tee shot on #9 alt shot (1 down) wound up here. Yes it had thorns, and there was a branch directly in my sight line so I couldn't see the ball. Managed to make clean contact (I thought) but it hit the one thick branch in the bush and moved about 4' forward leaving Alex on the other side of the bush for the next shot. eventually we got to the green and Alex almost sank a miracle 45yd chip to keep us in it. When that died on the lip we conceded the hole and match. @KY Golfer & @Duffer Waldorf played lights out and I think were 1 under before the conceded #9 which brought them to -2. We played well, but they just beat us. Great fun match guys.

Saturday Shamble:

I was paired with Jose for my first event start. He was able to bring a calming presence to the match for me. He can freaking play golf. It made that round so easy. Every single ball was in the fairway. Took a lot of pressure off and just got to play my game. He even gave me a quick lesson on the range with my driver and adjusted it to 11.5*. We got to play our match with @OITW and @e1iterate . Those two were soo much fun to play with. I wouldn't even say we were playing against each other as much as we were playing golf together. They both played great golf. Man @e1iterate can hit the ball high!:LOL: I was able to watch some Tour worthy shots from each one of them. The match was super tight through 9. Then me and Jose (mostly Jose) started turning it on and were able to secure a point for Paradise! Glad to share that experience with you guys. @e1iterate hope you had fun playing with a bunch of asians!

Probably the only group to break the slow play stereotype.

Also send me some noodles :p

If I get Covid, I'm blaming you for me raking the bunker ;)

I just went back and read the sections of post and it's quite epic for 3 word posts...

You laying up
Me hitting from my number
Duffer Stuffer LMAO
Its kinda hard to post good detail while in the heat of battle. But the Duffer Stuffer was epic, guy is a really good golfer.

Probably the only group to break the slow play stereotype.

Okay this made me laugh. At one point I asked a group, "what does your cart say". The person's response was "23 minutes, we will hurry". :LOL:

It's a blast reading all the recaps, gives us a glimpse into all the stuff we couldn't see or hear while following along here. Awesome to hear all the stories about the camaraderie, competition and fun everybody had!

I did give @MarMill8412 crap on Sunday night and told him he was the slow one ;)
I have no recollection of that... Yes, my group was not the fastest... Cart girls tend to get in the way...

Going back through this thread not a day after leaving everyone. Can not help but have a huge smile on my face. People at work are like "why are you smiling so much"

Wow ! Great recaps. Joining last year and reading the recap about an epic 2019 MC i thought wow pretty sweet "prizes" that these guys won. Being a part of this forum for a year and a half you learn that its not the prizes here, while they are great, that are the reasons I have the homepage saved and do some browsing. Its the internet bond and THP bond. Guys are great golfers, but seems like even better friends/cartners and people. Awesome job for hyping this event during COVID, the weeks leading up and live update thread!

Really awesome experience!

Back