I love pumpkin, in a pie, with whip cream and a tall glass of . Hard pass on any pumpkin drink. :sick:

After all you put us through in the GD thread last year?! Lol

The best thing to do with eggnog is to make a milkshake with it! Cook-Out has a seasonal one every year.

I will have to try this. I have never had eggnog before. What ratios of eggnog and liquor?

I will have to try this. I have never had eggnog before. What ratios of eggnog and liquor?
Start with a cup/mug about 8oz of eggnog and a half shot of liquor. Brandy or bourbon work great. Adjust to taste from their.

If anyone is lactose intolerant this was actually really good. Kroger messed up on our click-list and gave us this instead of the Kroger Eggnog. I tried it and drank the entire thing during the week.

8CBA4E02-A238-4107-8BBE-A3398ADD1204.jpeg

If anyone is lactose intolerant this was actually really good. Kroger messed up on our click-list and gave us this instead of the Kroger Eggnog. I tried it and drank the entire thing during the week.

View attachment 8974605
I will definitely try this. Milk products are not the best for my tummy.

if you have to ask about refrigeration once opened, you aren’t doing it right
I'm the only one in my house who drinks it and I can only do one glass at a time on account of the lactose... have to take dairy pills when I indulge.

I'll have to ask if the store up here can get some of that in... I usually buy one carton of egg nog and suffer through it after taking dairy pills.

The ratio I start with is 5 to 1. After the first glass, that ratio usually moves closer to 3 to 1.

On the West Coast we can get Darygold brand the Old Fashioned is best but I prefer to make my own might take 30 minutes & put a little of Myers dark rum in it..

I think @dacatalyst41 (maybe others?) thinks Kroger brand is good. I decided to give it a try this weekend and he (they?) arr absolutely correct. I got 1/2 gallon of Pumpkin spice and 1/2 gallon of regular and I am now a Kroger egg nog fan. I add my own liquor 😁
View attachment 8974569
They make a Vanilla flavored one that is magical in my mind or rather across my taste buds.

View attachment 8974605

I have had that before, it’s very good. I am always lookin for non-dairy alternatives, and Lactaid has always been solid, except for their cottage cheese, it’s too loose for my liking.

@GolferGal is.

but more importantly what are you putting in that?
It really is good all by itself. I've considered just buying it from now on LOL!!

My favorite bourbon with it is Maker's Mark. To me Eggnog already has somewhat of a bourbon taste to it so Maker's makes it a little sweeter and not overpowered completely by the bourbon. I use a couple cubes of ice in it also.

It really is good all by itself. I've considered just buying it from now on LOL!!

My favorite bourbon with it is Maker's Mark. To me Eggnog already has somewhat of a bourbon taste to it so Maker's makes it a little sweeter and not overpowered completely by the bourbon. I use a couple cubes of ice in it also.
I like the Makers thought there.

Only homemade.

I try to refrain from buying eggnog until Thanksgiving. It's getting tough though.

oh man I love eggnog I"m going to have to try the Kroger stuff and that Evan Williams one.

This is my favorite and has a wonderful flavor. If you want to add to it, add a half shot of brandy to a cup of it.
View attachment 8974582
Something abt the word Southern Comfort made me puke a little in my mouth.

However I do want me some egg nog now!

Being Keto we picked up Almond Breeze egg nog this week, not bad! mixes well with Captain :)

Back