Could you play a full bag of DTC brands?

X.Man

Reaction score
Handicap
With the rise in popularity and quality of DTC brands/items. Could you play a full 14 club bag of DTC clubs including balls? If so, let’s see your build below

If that brand is current Ben Hogan products, yes. They have engineers, R&D, original designs, etc.
If it's another one, probably not for me personally.

i am happy with the sub70 irons...although my draw is harder to reign in (and i lack the necessary problem solving skills to correct it other than to aim more left :cautious:)...i haven't thought about trying drivers and faiway woods, tho...

I am very close to doing that right now. I'd just need to switch two clubs. Driver (this might happen GS53 Max) and some how find a replacement for my Cobra SZ 4i. Other than that, I play PTxPro 4-PW and 50,54.58 Equilizer wedges, and a BH Redacted putter. As for ball, I play Cut Grey about 50% of the time. I find it very similar to the Srixon QST that I also play.

So...86% of the way to full DTC.

If their products performed better for me then sure.. I think the top end of the bag. The woods etc is where they would have the biggest difficulty in competing with larger companies with larger R&D budgets but it is not out of the question.

If that brand is current Ben Hogan products, yes. They have engineers, R&D, original designs, etc.

this is me. right now ben hogan golf is the only dtc brand i trust to put out a quality product.

I could play Hogan clubs and Snell MTB balls.

Doing it right now with my Hogan Combo set, May change shafts out to Recoils. Currently have the 780 SW's in them but LOVE the Recoil 110's

Is PXG considered DTC? if so then yes, the putter and ball is the only thing lacking at this point

stocked up on some balls from DTC for a spring ball test with Cut / Vice / Snell... I think BH would be the best bet to play full bag... I have seen some wedges from others that I would try, but honestly dont know about Sub70 and the NEw Level brands. I don't have "trial" disposable golf money...

I could play Hogan clubs and Snell MTB balls.

I could go Hogan throughout the bag with the Snell ball. Those are the only 2 brands whose quality and customer service I trust.

I don't think I could. I don't even play a a one brand set as it is right now.

I feel like i COULD play any set of clubs including a full . How effective they would be and how well they would match up to my game is another question altogether. :)

Yes, and do fairly often. I have at least 10 Hogan clubs in my bag at all times and have enough unique Hogan clubs to go all 14. Play the Snell MTB Black ball fairly often, including yesterday. Really don't have a lot of interest in the other DTC club or ball brands though.

I could go Hogan throughout the bag with the Snell ball. Those are the only 2 brands whose quality and customer service I trust.

Snell MTB is a very good ball. I usually get a dozen for the season.

If I played a ton of long courses (7500 yards) or windy rounds, I could 100% play a 4-GW set of Sub70 irons.

As it stands I just marvel at how fracking far the ball goes with them. I don’t think they make anything other than irons although their 17* UT in theory should go further than my driver does based on 7i distance. It won’t of course, but if I needed iron length I’d play these in a heartbeat.

I’m not opposed to other brands to round out my non OEM bag. Except balls. I’m sticking with TourB RX’s or AVX if the TourB’s aren’t available. I haven’t found anything to perform remotely close to those for me. If I can find one that’s close, then yup!

Take a look at my signature and you'll see I almost do with the equipment :cool:. If not for that pesky Team Danny (looking at you @DannyLe @JDax @chefkritter @MSEASU) I would be testing out a driver that would put me at full bag of DTC equipment if it won out. That being said, I would have a real hard time moving to a DTC golf ball. Not because I think they're inferior, but because I'm all in on Triple Track.

If Ben Hogan? Yes... I’m not buying blanks. I prefer my spend to go to companies that reinvest in R&D.

COULD I? Absolutely.

Would I? I don’t know. I could play all Hogan probably.

I'd play a full bag of Ben Hogan equipment in a heartbeat. Since they do not make a ball yet, I would pair with Snell MTB-X as a DTC ball.

I don’t think my equipment knowledge, for my game and goals, is there yet to self-fit from a direct to consumer brand. Ben Hogan gets lots of love here but their shaft lineup is quite limited and the demo program costs $ and has never been available when I have checked. DTC is likely not a match for me right now. I also value working with local businesses. I am not ready to cut them out.

If I had to it would on be Hogan. The ball I am not sure I could do. Of the DTC models, Vice is the only one out there that intrigues me enough to try, but the ball will be hard because my current ball really good. I have not been this comfortable with a ball since the TM Penta line.

COULD I? Absolutely.

Would I? I don’t know. I could play all Hogan probably.

A testament to their R&D and quality. I’ll have to give the 5i that @LLIB graciously sent me another whirl. I’ve been so enamored with the Sub70 7i that I’ve only hit it a couple times.

I’m sensing further testing shortly.

A testament to their R&D and quality. I’ll have to give the 5i that @LLIB graciously sent me another whirl. I’ve been so enamored with the Sub70 7i that I’ve only hit it a couple times.

I’m sensing further testing shortly.
They’re the real deal my man. Good change my combo set makes it back in for the upcoming season.

Back