The Official 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Leading up to the draft Id like to see the Cowboys release both Barber and Newman and then sign Nnamdi Asomugha. Then in the draft Id love to see Von Miller on the Cowboys but I think he'll be gone by #9.

Yeah I'm loving these thoughts. Unfortunately it makes too much sense and Jerry marches to his own drum.

Jets could use some D line help, S help, WR help

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Esox might have to like the cowboys a little bit after the draft. One of his wisconsin boys might be a cowboy, JJ Watt.

Nothing could make that happen. Watt is an all star trier a la Aaron Kampman. I hope he succeeds but for some reason I don't think he'll be a world beater in the NFL.

When will Mark Ingram go? I've always fancied him as a Packer, though I doubt Thompson would go RB in the first even if he fell all that way.

Kevin

Please let the Skins draft Julio Jones. He is a beast. Reminds me of Andre Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Panthers don't need to waste their number one pick on a quarterback. They just need a solid veteran who can run an offense efficiently. Either a DT or OL is probably their best bet.

It will be interesting to see if Newton makes it past buffalo. And if he does, will Minnesota pick him up???

Here are the official Wonderlic test results for the top QB's in this year's draft....

Greg McElroy: 43,
Blaine Gabbert: 42,
Christian Ponder: 35,
Ricky Stanzi: 30,
Andy Dalton: 29,
Ryan Mallett: 26,
Cam Newton: 21,
Jake Locker: 20

Anyone see John Gruden make Cam Newton just look dumb in his latest edition of QB Camp? Oh boy, if Carolina takes him they may need to just keep the play calling to something simple like 'pass' and 'run'

Anyone see John Gruden make Cam Newton just look dumb in his latest edition of QB Camp? Oh boy, if Carolina takes him they may need to just keep the play calling to something simple like 'pass' and 'run'

I am going to be pissed if Carolina takes Newton. I think that is a waste of a pick. It wouldn't surprise me though. Jerry would pick him so he can up the ticket prices and still lose.

How much does the draft suck this year with all the labor issues going on? Its just not the same. Cam Netwon, welcome to Carolina.

JB I know you're not a Mark Sanchez fan but here's a review of Christian Ponder from Greg Cosell of NFL Films. I was wrong about him, he may go in the 2nd or even back end of the 1st round

Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State (high-second round): Showed a strong arm against Oklahoma, with good juice on intermediate throws. Seems similar to Mark Sanchez. Good feel for the timing of the drop-back passing game and should transition well to the NFL. Reads coverage well, and can stick throws into a tight window, essential for an NFL quarterback. Needs to work on manipulating the secondary and eye discipline, and on recognition of safeties on deep throws. Must get quicker with footwork on his drop. A little uncomfortable in a muddied pocket. Feet have to calm down under pressure. More of a touch passer than a fastball pitcher. Comfortable throwing the ball to the outside with timing.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/04/17/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1JtLYffRx

I didn't think it would have a huge impact but I agree with you. I'm just kinda meh even with the draft coming up. Doesn't help the Bears have the 29th pick.

How much does the draft suck this year with all the labor issues going on? Its just not the same. Cam Netwon, welcome to Carolina.

I think it sucks on a grand scale. Until the settle this thing, I'm paying no attention to the NFL. Baseball lost me on the last strike, and life will be just fine without pro football if they don't have a season this year.

updated mock draft courtesy of si.com

Blaine Gabbert #1 to Carolina? uh oh.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/03/09/nfl-mock-draft/index.html?eref=sihp

Mizzou grad and fan here and this just puzzles me. I understand he has a lot of the intangibles and I agree this is important, however, this seems like a huge work in progress to me. Not a start day 1 type guy which he will likely be if he goes to Carolina or AZ. But with that being said, if I was a GM I would take him over Newton...that wouldn't even be a tough decision.

JB I know you're not a Mark Sanchez fan but here's a review of Christian Ponder from Greg Cosell of NFL Films. I was wrong about him, he may go in the 2nd or even back end of the 1st round

Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State (high-second round): Showed a strong arm against Oklahoma, with good juice on intermediate throws. Seems similar to Mark Sanchez. Good feel for the timing of the drop-back passing game and should transition well to the NFL. Reads coverage well, and can stick throws into a tight window, essential for an NFL quarterback. Needs to work on manipulating the secondary and eye discipline, and on recognition of safeties on deep throws. Must get quicker with footwork on his drop. A little uncomfortable in a muddied pocket. Feet have to calm down under pressure. More of a touch passer than a fastball pitcher. Comfortable throwing the ball to the outside with timing.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/04/17/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1JtLYffRx

I have nothing against Mark Sanchez. Actually like the kid. Im just sick of hearing it for the last two seasons about how wonderful he is from the NY Media when the kid has been average at best.

Mizzou grad and fan here and this just puzzles me. I understand he has a lot of the intangibles and I agree this is important, however, this seems like a huge work in progress to me. Not a start day 1 type guy which he will likely be if he goes to Carolina or AZ. But with that being said, if I was a GM I would take him over Newton...that wouldn't even be a tough decision.

Everybody I talk to says that it wont be Gabbert. I dont read the mocks really, is that D. Hack doing these?

I have nothing against Mark Sanchez. Actually like the kid. Im just sick of hearing it for the last two seasons about how wonderful he is from the NY Media when the kid has been average at best.

Everybody I talk to says that it wont be Gabbert. I dont read the mocks really, is that D. Hack doing these?

Gabberts going to be a good one

Somehow the media does seem to give him a pass most of the time there, especially the print media. He's been average to above average most of the time but when he has a good game he's 'awesome' but when he has a bad game he's 'a young QB'

This kid has Roethlisberger written all over him, same size , desire , and he has a gun for an arm , plus he is a very smart kid .One year on the bench and watch out

I will be in Manhattan next week, I hope I run into some of these prospects.

Just don't cross the picket lines hehe
I will be in Manhattan next week, I hope I run into some of these prospects.

This kid has Roethlisberger written all over him, same size , desire , and he has a gun for an arm , plus he is a very smart kid .One year on the bench and watch out

If Big Ben is the measuring stick for intelligence in the NFL, I want my years spent there back.

Well, I certainly do hope you are right and I am wrong!

Different topic: Mark Ingram, RB. Todd McShay just reported that he may fall all the way to the bottom of the first round or 1st pick of the second to NE. I know there is a bit of an injury issue, however, the guy looks like a stud. I'm a Chiefs fan and would have no problem with them taking him at 21. I know we have bigger needs and have Jamall Charles, but Thomas Jones is getting old and didn't show much last year. Someone to run between the tackles would be a big help....

If Big Ben is the measuring stick for intelligence in the NFL, I want my years spent there back.

i figured somebody was going to say something about that, but my post does say PLUS he is a smart kid , even a steeler fan knows Ben is not smart off the field

Back