The best shot of the round

Had a 50 yard pitch shot I made to save par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a 50 yard pitch shot I made to save par.

Nice one! I love those change of fortune shots.

My tee shot on the 16th hole landed slightly right of the middle of the fairway, which on this hole is NOT what you want to do. This hole has an interesting feature where just right of center 250 yards out there is a slope to a collection area tucked in between the forest right of the fairway. It was also the only fairway I missed today.

So, I'm 140 yards out with a tree 20 yards in front of me on the line to the green. The situation called for a low hook (I'm left handed) around the tree, which I hit to 3 feet left of the pin for a kick in birdie. It wasn't as extreme as Bubba Watson's recovery shot to win the Masters, but it was still pretty cool.

Last edited:
Debating between two shots with the fairway metal. Going to go this way.

BSOTR came after a horrendous tee shot on a par 5 that landed on hardpan right of the tree-line on the right. Saw an opening between two trees 200 yards away and nailed it leaving me in the fairway 70 yards out.

Honorable mention came after a thinned tee shot on another par 5 leaving me a long way from the green. Struck a wonderful piercing tight draw that soared and stopped just 30 yards short of the green.

Last edited:
Had a 60 yd pitch over a bunker that landed next to the pin...took one hop & spun back to a few inches for a tap in birdie.

20201218_124239.jpg
20201218_212712.jpg

Only bad drive of the day put me right on the edge of a rock pile 140yds out. Branches right in the flight of a short iron, bunker in front, and a lie that had me questioning if I even wanted to use one of my rather nice clubs. 7 seemed right to get below the branches with a chance to carry on a punchy swing clearing the rock about 5" behind the ball. Clipped it well enough to just carry the bunker and hold the left side of the green for a 2 putt par. Flipped the fate on that hole in a hurry.

Pin high second shot on the par 4 9th. Putted in for birdie. It was my only birdie of the day.

Today the wind was hollowing. An up and down 2 club wind. I managed a tee shot on a par 3 to 7 feet, but I'm going to go with another shot. The wind was up and in our face on a 550 yard par 5 making it a monster. Still 190 yards out into the wind after two good shots, I blasted a fairway metal with a nice tight draw onto the green. Very satisfying.

I had a ton of them today. Drove a par 4 and dropped the eagle among other awesomeness, but I'm not sure I could make this birdie putt again if given 100 tries. It was after a bad drive and punch out from the trees, so that definitely added to the satisfaction. Tons of fun!!

Sorry for swearing.

For me my best shots of the round came after my worst shot. I was stuck behind a slow threesome on a par 5 that barely got 1/3 of the way off the tee and waited for the green to clear. Each chunked it forward a few times once it cleared and the best golfer of the group got in the front edge with his 4th shot. I was angry and swung hard and topped the ball and barely made the fairway. I grabbed 6 iron and swung way too hard and hammered it. I walked up to the ball and hit 6 iron again (more controlled) and left a 10ft putt for birdie which lipped out

20210102_012625.jpg
20210102_012730.jpg

I think it might have been on this 200yd par 3 today. I definitely had closer approaches, but this is kind of a nemesis hole when the pin is front or back. It's crazy hard to get anything to hold near either position. Saw it was back today, and I think my words in the Live Round thread (after grumbling about the position) was think loft and spin (get it up and get it spinning) and aim for left edge.

Did exactly what I was supposed to do, and it released right and I got the birdie. Not common on that hole. Felt good.

Great shot on a hole that is a nemesis. I had a similar situation this year on a 208 yd par 3, with thick heather on the right side of the green, and a trap on the left-front of the green, with just a little approach one could run up on it on. I hit a beautiful 4w (I need a wood to get there) that landed on the front of the green on rolled to about 3 1/2 feet from the cup. I made the birdie putt and felt great because this hole beats me up most of the time. Because of this birdie I ended up 1 under for the four par threes that round. The rest of the round was a different story though as I was 11 over for the other 14 holes. Still, a fantastic round for me on a course the hosted the senior US open in the past.

Best shot of the round followed the worst shot of the round. I topped a fairway metal approach shot into a par 4 green leaving me 94 yards out. Holed out from there. The ball landed and danced around the cup then dropped in the hole. I was playing with three Korean ladies and one was so excited she ran onto the green and pulled the ball from the hole, held it high in the air and jumping around and shouting with all the enthusiasm as if she made the shot.

Took a little off a GW from 105 to an elevated pin placement and stiffed it to a foot for a tap in birdie.

I had an exceptional putting day with well over 100 feet of putts made, including a 40-footer. 28 total putts even though I hit 14 of 18 greens in regulation.

2nd shot on a par 5, into the wind. 205 yards with a 3 hybrid. Perfect baby draw which I've been working on for the past year, to 5 feet.

2nd shot on a par 5, into the wind. 205 yards with a 3 hybrid. Perfect baby draw which I've been working on for the past year, to 5 feet.
Nice shot! From the fairway I assume?

I had an exceptional putting day with well over 100 feet of putts made, including a 40-footer. 28 total putts even though I hit 14 of 18 greens in regulation.
I’d be pretty happy about the 14 of 18 GIR!

Those long ones sure do feel good eh?! Straight shot or was there break to it?

Nice shot! From the fairway I assume?
Yes, from the fairway. From the rough I tend to hit a little more out to in because it gets in my head that I need to hack more, even if I maybe don't need to. Working on that too.

I’d be pretty happy about the 14 of 18 GIR!

Those long ones sure do feel good eh?! Straight shot or was there break to it?
It was actually along the spine between a rise on the left and a drop off on the right. The putt was downhill and rounded out more downhill about five feet before the hole. It didn't move more than an inch, but the speed was tricky.

It was actually along the spine between a rise on the left and a drop off on the right. The putt was downhill and rounded out more downhill about five feet before the hole. It didn't move more than an inch, but the speed was tricky.
Even more impressive that it was downhill! Like you said, nailing the speed on those is a challenge in itself! Nice putt!

220 yard par 3, i hit an iron shot that was going right at the flag and landed near it but rolled off the back

Sand shot out of a green side bunker didn't have much sand and I got both sand and ball causing the ball to fly the green and land in the rough. Holed out my chip from the rough for (an anything but routine) par.

FLOPADOPOLUS over a big ass tree to 5 feet. Made some HS kids get triggered :ROFLMAO:

Nothing extravagant, but the culmination of 3 well executed safe shots leading to a birdie on a long par 5 into the wind. Was getting out of sorts trying to compete with the conditions, and it felt good to slow it down, play smart, and still gain one.

Also my 8th straight conversion from the 40-60 yard range by my count. Been feeling good from there.

Last edited:
Back