Justin Thomas thread

he is not known for having a clean mouth as it is. hopefully the tour is stepping in and having him do some sensitivity training.
He doesn’t need “sensitivity training”, he knows he screwed up. He just needs to be more aware of where he is and what he can and can’t say in what situation.

If I was playing in a tournament with cameras and mics everywhere, I 100% guarantee you I’d talk a lot differently than I do when out with my buddies for a casual round on my home course. I’ve said a lot worse things than he said, but I know where to say them and where not to say them.

I had to go through tons of “sensitivity” training at work, I rolled my eyes all the way through it every time. The only positive about it was that I was being paid to sit through it.

Last edited:
He doesn’t need “sensitivity training”, he knows he screwed up. He just needs to be more aware of where he is and what he can and can’t say in what situation.

If I was playing in a tournament with cameras and mics everywhere, I 100% guarantee you I’d talk a lot differently than I do when out with my buddies for a casual round on my home course. I’ve said a lot worse things than he said, but I know where to say them and where not to say them.

100% agree. He owned his mistake. Move on.

I had to go through tons of “sensitivity” training at work, I rolled my eyes all the way through it every time. The only positive about it was that I was being paid to sit through it.

i’m going to disagree. it’s one thing to drop cuss words like tiger has. it’s another to use epithets, even if they’re not directed at anyone in particular. what if he called himself a racial slur instead? it’s not ok, regardless of whether anyone heard him say it. the sensitivity training would show him how hurtful that word is to a very large number of people, and maybe he would think twice before saying it, or even better never even think about saying it because it’s out of his vocabulary.

i’m going to disagree. it’s one thing to drop cuss words like tiger has. it’s another to use epithets, even if they’re not directed at anyone in particular. what if he called himself a racial slur instead? it’s not ok, regardless of whether anyone heard him say it. the sensitivity training would show him how hurtful that word is to a very large number of people, and maybe he would think twice before saying it, or even better never even think about saying it because it’s out of his vocabulary.
I think he’s a grown man and knows all that. He just needs to be more careful. “Sensitivity training” wouldn’t teach him anything he didn’t already know.

I use a lot of words that could be offensive and hurtful to a lot of people. They’ll never be out of my vocabulary, but I also know where and when I can use them and where and when I should never use them. If you met me in person you’d never know or guess that any of those words have ever crossed my lips. That kind of talk is fine in the circle of my closest friends who talk the same way and aren’t offended by anything, but outside of that circle you’ll never hear me say those things.

This place really WOKE up.

Context is everything folks. Pretty sure you are allowed to call yourself whatever sound you want.

I like him even more. Play on.

I think he’s a grown man and knows all that. He just needs to be more careful. “Sensitivity training” wouldn’t teach him anything he didn’t already know.

I use a lot of words that could be offensive and hurtful to a lot of people. They’ll never be out of my vocabulary, but I also know where and when I can use them and where and when I should never use them. If you met me in person you’d never know or guess that any of those words have ever crossed my lips. That kind of talk is fine in the circle of my closest friends who talk the same way and aren’t offended by anything, but outside of that circle you’ll never hear me say those things.

So it's ok you think those things because you only say it in front of your close friends? You're clearly missing the point, by a wide margin.

As for what JT said, the fact he comes off looking like a douche is fitting punishment.

So it's ok you think those things because you only say it in front of your close friends?
Yep, I absolutely do, and won’t apologize for it either. I know what my context and intent is, and so do they. Speech is not a crime.

Yep, I absolutely do, and won’t apologize for it either. I know what my context and intent is, and so do they. Speech is not a crime.

so in what context or intent would saying what he said make sense?

The world is full of woke thin skinned snowflakes. He said it, he apologized for it. I seriously doubt anyone was truly traumatized by it. If so, they need to suck it up and move on. Sensitivity training? Interesting how he could have said another F word and the woke people of the waiting to be offended group would have already moved on. I’d like to plant a mic on some of them to record their every word. I’m sure we would learn many are fake hypocrites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

so in what context or intent would saying what he said make sense?
It doesn’t make any sense because of where and when he said it.

There are some words that we just can’t say aloud.

I think the powers that be - the tour, his sponsors, etc - need to assess if he understands why what he said is wrong and if he sincerely just slipped up. If the answers to those questions are Yes then I d9nt think sensitivity train8mg or punitive actions are necessary for a first offense. We put erasers on the ends of pencils for a reason. Now if there’s any h8nt of a pattern or lack of true awareness the. Someone needs to step in and do something about it.

JT shouldn’t utter that word in any time or place. Step 1 - he owned the mistake. Step 2 - he needs to take steps to make sure he doesn’t use any slurs regardless of the context. I don’t see any wiggle room here.

For those saying move on and it’s nothing, does your opinion change if he drops it at the PNC with Charlie Woods in his group?

JT shouldn’t utter that word in any time or place. Step 1 - he owned the mistake. Step 2 - he needs to take steps to make sure he doesn’t use any slurs regardless of the context. I don’t see any wiggle room here.
He has become the face of the tour, I sincerely hope he understands he needs to do better and follows through on it.

@JB curious to know what would happen if it was dropped at a THP event?

There are some words that we just can’t say aloud.

I think the powers that be - the tour, his sponsors, etc - need to assess if he understands why what he said is wrong and if he sincerely just slipped up. If the answers to those questions are Yes then I d9nt think sensitivity train8mg or punitive actions are necessary for a first offense. We put erasers on the ends of pencils for a reason. Now if there’s any h8nt of a pattern or lack of true awareness the. Someone needs to step in and do something about it.
I’d have a lot less respect for him if he claimed he didn’t understand why it was wrong and wasn’t aware of the implications. Somebody smart enough to play golf at that level couldn’t possibly be that stupid.

He’s already admitted he knew it was wrong, taken full ownership of it and apologized for it. Nothing more he can do, those who will accept it will accept it, those who won’t wouldn’t accept it no matter what. Going on a worldwide apology tour like Drew Brees had to do last year (after saying something much less offensive) isn’t going to change a thing and will just increase the exposure and keep it in the spotlight longer.

Surprised that this word is even in his lexicon. Dude needs to check himself.
That's exactly the point. It's not a matter of context.

For those saying move on and it’s nothing, does your opinion change if he drops it at the PNC with Charlie Woods in his group?
From what I hear out of the mouths of kids, Charlie Woods could probably teach him a few new words! 😆

@JB curious to know what would happen if it was dropped at a THP event?
We believe Albatross Club members are a pretty good bunch, but I have been called some pretty sh***y things by some people...

I deal with it and know I can sleep okay at night.

If it happens, we will handle it the way we think is appropriate. Until then, I’m not going to speculate.

He's charging at TOC 1 back. And this thing with slur is a non event in my book.

From what I hear out of the mouths of kids, Charlie Woods could probably teach him a few new words! 😆
You’re probably right. I’ve heard some stuff while out at the stores and couldn’t believe it came from a kid

It was an unfortunate choice of words. It was certainly said under his breath and picked up by a microphone. I am sure I have mumbled stuff to myself I shouldn't. I realize I am not on tour. JT fessed up and apologized and I am sure will be more careful going forward. To me that should be the end of the incident unless it becomes a recurring problem.

It was an unfortunate choice of words. It was certainly said under his breath and picked up by a microphone. I am sure I have mumbled stuff to myself I shouldn't. I realize I am not on tour. JT fessed up and apologized and I am sure will be more careful going forward. To me that should be the end of the incident unless it becomes a recurring problem.

I think those would be my thoughts.

I am not surprised, yet sort of baffled at how badly he's been put on blast for this - like some sort of sensitivity training is going to save him. He used a word that, growing up, was pretty damn common around school kids in both Canada and the US for me, straight into college, beyond college, and continues pretty much every year. I'd be shocked if more than 10% of the people reading this thread haven't used it in the way he has at some time or another. I'd bet most were just using a word that was defined as 'negative' not one that references a sexual preference.

Not using those words is a choice. For pros, a pretty damn good choice. I get that in a split second, in the moment, you pick a word you don't want to be called, and call yourself it. He picked the wrong one 100% in this case, and he owned it (as he damn well should have).

But come on. All this cancel culture BS is taking things like this waaaaay too far.

Back