First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Hybrids

Ok. The Apex Pro hybrid is damn nice. I wasn't sure if I would like the smaller form factor, but no issues whatsoever gaming it.

Ok. The Apex Pro hybrid is damn nice. I wasn't sure if I would like the smaller form factor, but no issues whatsoever gaming it.
How did it compare to the standard Apex hybrid for you?

How did it compare to the standard Apex hybrid for you?

I thought the standard looked like a small fairway wood. My current Cobra SZ fit right inbetween the two size wise.

Guys we moved your posts into the hybrid thread.

I thought the standard looked like a small fairway wood. My current Cobra SZ fit right inbetween the two size wise.

ugh. i felt that way about the super hybrid, and it became a big problem for me. i do love my mav pro hybrid, but doesn't sound like there's much of a reason to switch.

ugh. i felt that way about the super hybrid, and it became a big problem for me. i do love my mav pro hybrid, but doesn't sound like there's much of a reason to switch.
The standard is much more in line size wise with the standard Mav, and imo a lot smaller looking than the SH.

The Pro though is petite perfection.

Give up my mav pro for a little more real estate and potential ball speed? My mav pro flat out performs, but I’m drawn to the apex hybrids.

Give up my mav pro for a little more real estate and potential ball speed? My mav pro flat out performs, but I’m drawn to the apex hybrids.

what are you wanting to accomplish?

what are you wanting to accomplish?
Tighter dispersion and little more forgiveness. The mav pro works so well but a horrible tempo’d swing is not good and I know the regular apex can help there. Plus the velocity blades and adjustable hosel are enticing also.

Can these beat out the Super Hybrids? We shall seeeeee.

This is my exact scenario. Hoping to hit em tomorrow.

This is my exact scenario. Hoping to hit em tomorrow.

Can’t wait for your thoughts... really like the look of the Apex Pro 3 hybrid, big fan of smaller head. Also curious how tge stock shaft feels to you.

Can’t wait for your thoughts... really like the look of the Apex Pro 3 hybrid, big fan of smaller head. Also curious how tge stock shaft feels to you.
I'll definitely be circling back with some thoughts later today.

The MMT is a damn good pairing.

The standard is much more in line size wise with the standard Mav, and imo a lot smaller looking than the SH.

21 Pro is smaller than 19 hybrid, right?

It is isn't it? I instantly fell in love with that profile and the sound is perfection

I was able to get on the Sim today with the Apex Pro 3H and the Mav 3H. Both are screamers. The Apex Pro looks SOOOOO GOOD at address. It’s a legit iron replacement and can be swung as such. Mav gave me better launch, peak height and decent angle. Carrying 215 on off center strikes and 225-230 when flushed. The Apex Pro was right there and a hair longer due to a more penetrating ball flight. It sounds fantastic when flushed. I think for now the edge goes to Mav Pro for ease of use and the fact that it just wants to go straight. I’d like to test the Apex hybrid and try different shaft options in Apex Pro, but man did I have a blast.

I was able to get on the Sim today with the Apex Pro 3H and the Mav 3H. Both are screamers. The Apex Pro looks SOOOOO GOOD at address. It’s a legit iron replacement and can be swung as such. Mav gave me better launch, peak height and decent angle. Carrying 215 on off center strikes and 225-230 when flushed. The Apex Pro was right there and a hair longer due to a more penetrating ball flight. It sounds fantastic when flushed. I think for now the edge goes to Mav Pro for ease of use and the fact that it just wants to go straight. I’d like to test the Apex hybrid and try different shaft options in Apex Pro, but man did I have a blast.

Good stuff. Can't go wrong with on that wants to go straight.

I was doing too much skimming. This is helpful info.

I did a total fitting today. Driver. Irons. Fairway. Hybrid.

These hybrids were easily the most overlooked, underrated, unsung hero of this release. I went in hoping to fit a gap, needing a hybrid consistently put me about 220. Coming from a 17* SuperHybrid, and a Rogue 3h & 4h, I was open to all options with the Apex hybrids, as neither I have in my bag did i go through a fitting for.

The Apex standard head, definitely reminded me of the SuperHybrid. Hit it well, felt good. Wasn’t blowing me away though.
Then the Apex Pro came out. That shape is just so much fun. Beautiful looking hybrid head. We quickly narrowed things down to the 2 hybrid with the smoke black shaft. An up charge, but I was hitting my number consistently, and it felt soooooo good.

Don’t overlook the Apex Pro this year. For the size, it was not nearly as hard to hit as I was assuming going into the fitting.

Back