Bryson DeChambeau Thread

I respect what Bryson has done. But, sometimes a bad shot is the result of a bad swing.

View attachment 8995476

But, sounds like some sort of equipment tweaks coming up.

don’t like him throwing passive aggressive shade at R&D. At those swings speeds off center hits will present issues. It’s not the clubs fault imo.

I totally respect Bryson for all the effort he has put in to getting better! I just can't see this holding up long term. There is so much build up to each drive and Rory's look effortless to create the same amount of speed and power. Bryson's success has been greater in the last year so good for him for doing what it took to get that major.

I know I have done it, but it is really bad form when you are all angry with yourself about a shot that you think is very poor, but ends up being not that bad. His yelling that he hit in the water and then it is just off the green fridge just another reason for people to dislike him. And I am a big fan of his play.

I know I have done it, but it is really bad form when you are all angry with yourself about a shot that you think is very poor, but ends up being not that bad. His yelling that he hit in the water and then it is just off the green fridge just another reason for people to dislike him. And I am a big fan of his play.
People must despise a few guys on tour like Spieth and Tiger then 😂

The "Oh, Jordan!" are plentiful.

The "Oh, Jordan!" are plentiful.

So true, but when you take into account other transactions people will use any means to downgrade or root against certain players they don't like.

These three have many other reasons why they are liked and adored. Tiger and Jordan for their greatness and I just don't know about Spieth. Speith definitely has a following, but not because he is great. Maybe he is a really good person.

As I said, I am a huge fan of DeChambeau. Not a fan of some of his demeanor or reactions, but no one is perfect.

So true, but when you take into account other transactions people will use any means to downgrade or root against certain players they don't like.

These three have many other reasons why they are liked and adored. Tiger and Jordan for their greatness and I just don't know about Spieth. Speith definitely has a following, but not because he is great. Maybe he is a really good person.

As I said, I am a huge fan of DeChambeau. Not a fan of some of his demeanor or reactions, but no one is perfect.
You are exactly right. Rory goes political. Rory throws clubs. Rory breaks things. Nobody says a word. Hahaha.

Bryson is covered differently because he is different and people just don’t like that. Which honestly is hysterical to me.

You are exactly right. Rory goes political. Rory throws clubs. Rory breaks things. Nobody says a word. Hahaha.

Bryson is covered differently because he is different and people just don’t like that. Which honestly is hysterical to me.
☠️☠️☠️
If Bryson threw a club into a lake he would get crucified.

☠☠☠
If Bryson threw a club into a lake he would get crucified.
Funny thing is, although he's had a few less-than-shining moments on the course (and he's FAR from the only one to do so), he's one of the more personable players on Tour. He comes off well in interviews, and the livestream workout thing he did a month or so ago showed a completely different side of him than I had ever seen. I actually like it when he starts geeking out about physics and stuff in interviews and the interviewer's eyes just glass over and start rolling in their head like a slot machine. :ROFLMAO: I think he'd be fun guy to sit down with over a beer (ok, a protein shake) and shoot the breeze with.

I was watching highlights tonight and let me think of something corny, “gee golly”, his swing is absolutely gawd awful looking, it hurts to watch, it is so ugly, so ugly, I’m shocked playing partners don’t comment.

I don't think he's going for looks. He's going for results. They're all going for results - way too much money out there for these guys to be pretentious. Bryson would putt side-saddle if it would get the results (and were legal).

I don't think he's going for looks. He's going for results. They're all going for results - way too much money out there for these guys to be pretentious. Bryson would putt side-saddle if it would get the results (and were legal).
Bryson isn't afraid to be different, he's shown that pretty clearly. I'm guessing he couldn't possibly care less about what anybody else thinks of how his swing looks.

Crazy fast... wild to watch. Not the most pretty swing by any measure, but it gets the job done. Just hope his body can endure the stresses.

Crazy fast... wild to watch. Not the most pretty swing by any measure, but it gets the job done. Just hope his body can endure the stresses.

But he's got people talking.

It cracked me up earlier today when he started waving his arms in the air after he murdered his drive over the water. The people go crazy for him. :LOL: He's the new John Daly.

Bryson is fantastic for golf.

There. I said it.

the crowd erupted when he hit the drive on 6 today. and you could tell he was loving it too.

the crowd erupted when he hit the drive on 6 today. and you could tell he was loving it too.
Probably one of the few times out there where he felt like the world was WITH him, not against him haha

Bryson is fantastic for golf.

There. I said it.
People said they didn’t want robotic and vanilla. They wanted more equipment talk. He is all of that and by far the most exciting guy out there right now. It could go either way on any hole.

He is in the hunt in the tournament. Trying this shot could take him right out of the hunt.

He pulls driver on 6.

Crown roars.

He hits the cover off the ball and sent it all the way across the water, right where he was aiming, flies it 340.

He raises his arms in victory for having made a great shot.

Gets called a DBag.

Amazing.

Yeah, well... haters gonna hate, right? *shrug* It was an awesome display of ability and guts. Screw the nattering nabobs of negativity 😀

But he's got people talking.

It cracked me up earlier today when he started waving his arms in the air after he murdered his drive over the water. The people go crazy for him. :LOL: He's the new John Daly.
They’re showing the replay on Golf Channel right now. What a fun moment! We were watching it live in the clubhouse after our round today and everybody was having a great time watching and talking about it.

I love Bryson. I think he is a great golfer and love that he does it differently. I really hope long term he hold it together. Really hoping he wins tomorrow..

They’re showing the replay on Golf Channel right now. What a fun moment! We were watching it live in the clubhouse after our round today and everybody was having a great time watching and talking about it.

The ball goes to far... it’s not what people want to see...

The ball goes to far... it’s not what people want to see...
Funny you say that - I was laughing thinking what kind of pearl clutching must have been going on at the USGA! 😆 I’ll bet their fainting couches got a good workout today.

People said they didn’t want robotic and vanilla. They wanted more equipment talk. He is all of that and by far the most exciting guy out there right now. It could go either way on any hole.
I feel like the most exciting guy out there “right now” is Spieth. What a come back he’s making!

Back