The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured you had to wear these since entering into the cult

iphone-costume.jpg

I figured you had to wear these since entering into the cult

iphone-costume.jpg

Haha thanks I now have my idea for the dress like a pro contest.

Haha thanks I now have my idea for the dress like a pro contest.

I figured for sure you were going to go as Tiger or didnt Tony Romeo play in a tour event?

I figured for sure you were going to go as Tiger or didnt Tony Romeo play in a tour event?

Tony Romeo lol. That was funny. I think he did. He tried for the US Open like he always does.

Tony Romeo lol. That was funny. I think he did. He tried for the US Open like he always does.

You could go as him. Come to the range and fumble a club maybe...Or toss a golf ball to nobody. Both of those could work...hehe

You know how we always talk about certain golf clubs in peoples' bags, and the social credit attached to it? Well, I feel the same way about people in suits. There's no other explanation for them other than social credit.

You could go as him. Come to the range and fumble a club maybe...Or toss a golf ball to nobody. Both of those could work...hehe

lol I have ideas for sure. But I need a Jessica Simpson look a like.

You know how we always talk about certain golf clubs in peoples' bags, and the social credit attached to it? Well, I feel the same way about people in suits. There's no other explanation for them other than social credit.

If he is in a suit.. he must be a high roller. I wanna be like him :D

Could not disagree more...Sometimes its about feeling good and because of that performing well.

I sort of agree. Look at who wear suits on a daily basis. Lawyers. Politicians. Managers. CEO's. And what's the first thing everyone wearing a suit does? Take off the jacket. Pointless lol

Could not disagree more...Sometimes its about feeling good and because of that performing well.

Really? We have completely different views of feeling good then. nothing about multi layers, top buttons and a neck tie says feel good and performing in my book. Seriously though, besides social credit, why are suits necessary?

I sort of agree. Look at who wear suits on a daily basis. Lawyers. Politicians. Managers. CEO's. And what's the first thing everyone wearing a suit does? Take off the jacket. Pointless lol

You guys work in very odd places. Millions of people wear suits daily for work. its part of life and some people like the look.

Comparing it to the social credit in golf has merit and both ridiculous at the same time. All apparel has some sort of social credit. However comparing apparel to clubs is hard because clubs must perform in a certain way and at certain levels, will become a help or a hindrance. The same cannot be said for working in a suit (generalization) compared to not.

Really? We have completely different views of feeling good then. nothing about multi layers, top buttons and a neck tie says feel good and performing in my book. Seriously though, besides social credit, why are suits necessary?

Necessary? Who said they are necessary. Neither are pants or collared shirts. Or dressing nice at all. None of it is necessary. But you have said numerous times how you feel one should dress when playing the game of golf. Others feel that it should be done in certain other walks of life as well.

You sound like the people that say wearing a belt is too hot because its an extra layer. I guess where I have worked had great AC, because I just dont find a good suit uncomfortable.

You guys work in very odd places. Millions of people wear suits daily for work. its part of life and some people like the look.

Comparing it to the social credit in golf has merit and both ridiculous at the same time. All apparel has some sort of social credit. However comparing apparel to clubs is hard because clubs must perform in a certain way and at certain levels, will become a help or a hindrance. The same cannot be said for working in a suit (generalization) compared to not.

hmm, I don't think it's ridiculous at all. I'd say a high % Scotty Cameron owners are suit owners/wearers. There's a stigma attached to it. The guys at the Verizon store wear suits...........why? B/c it's some stupid corporate mandated crap.

I think suits blow, I think ties blow. The best part about all this: it's my opinion.

B/c it's some stupid corporate mandated crap.

I think suits blow, I think ties blow. The best part about all this: it's my opinion.

Sounds a lot like the arguments for wearing t-shirts and jorts on a golf course to me.

Sounds a lot like the arguments for wearing t-shirts and jorts on a golf course to me.

Depends on whether or not there's an enforced dress code. I adhere by the rules, and I also prefer to wear golf attire on the golf course. I also choose not to wear ties or jackets with my dress attire.

why? B/c it's some stupid corporate mandated crap.

Depends on whether or not there's an enforced dress code. I adhere by the rules, and I also prefer to wear golf attire on the golf course. I also choose not to wear ties or jackets with my dress attire.

Seems pretty similar. Both are rules that are "mandated" from above as you put it.

Glad it works for you. Just like some like getting dressed up on the golf course, some like getting dressed up for work. I would never look down at someone that doesn't like to wear a suit for work, Im just surprised that you do for people that do like to wear one. The accusation of judgement is coming from the side that cares I guess.

Seems pretty similar. Both are rules that are "mandated" from above as you put it.

Glad it works for you. Just like some like getting dressed up on the golf course, some like getting dressed up for work. I would never look down at someone that doesn't like to wear a suit for work, Im just surprised that you do for people that do like to wear one. The accusation of judgement is coming from the side that cares I guess.

I'm a walking contradiction I guess. Suits aren't mandatory at my work, I don't wear them. I play golf on courses that don't allow denim and collared shirts are required so that's what I wear.

By all means, feel free to wear your jackets and ties and suits and whatever, I really don't care. I find them uncomfortable and I don't find any sort of "performing" factors about them. I'm glad that you do though.

I worked at a place that required we all wear ties. I hated it. And what did we do? Sit there and make calls. Or answer the phone, I forget. But it was all about appearing professional. I understand the point about looking the part too. I guess if you suck at being a lawyer at least you look good haha. Suits just aren't for me and it's always one of the things I ask about when I interview someplace.

Holmes is getting ready to go ape sh*t on this house. Termites.

Holmes is getting ready to go ape sh*t on this house. Termites.

JB Holmes? It might take that bastard all day to spray a house.

JB Holmes? It might take that bastard all day to spray a house.

Lmao! Cool breeze cousin mike Holmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back