Mizuno ST-Z Fairway Woods

Interesting how flat these setup in the std position. Just a great looking fw.

Apparently the motore shaft is rather ventus like in its performance...

Interesting how flat these setup in the std position. Just a great looking fw.

Apparently the motore shaft is rather ventus like in its performance...
I think most of Mizuno’s clubs are stock 1* flat of other OEM lies.

I get to hit this 3 wood again on Saturday and I'm absolutely giddy about it.

That and I'm wondering if my car might head to my local golf shop to pick up a driver while I'm at it.

I feel like the Motore shaft is one of the best I've played in a long time.

Meanwhile my G425 sounds like a bag of ass.

May have made the wrong call here dammit. Lol go figure.

interesting. i hit the mizuno side by side against the 425 when i was making my decision. i liked the 425 a fair bit, but the mizuno was just such a classic, throwback sound but still modernly powerful. it’s mikes better in its sound than 425, but i still liked 425. there just wasn’t anything i was sacrificing with the mizuno. also seeing 230 carry on the reg with the slightest little fall off fade was not something i have ever seen with a 5w.

interesting. i hit the mizuno side by side against the 425 when i was making my decision. i liked the 425 a fair bit, but the mizuno was just such a classic, throwback sound but still modernly powerful. it’s mikes better in its sound than 425, but i still liked 425. there just wasn’t anything i was sacrificing with the mizuno. also seeing 230 carry on the reg with the slightest little fall off fade was not something i have ever seen with a 5w.
425 5 wood is hitting every mark for me, except sound.

Yeah, what do I know? :LOL:

That Sim Ti was lovely as a 5 wood. Are you finding the Miz 5 wood here to be as saucy? I have yet to hit one, but intend to. Like many others here, was also considering the G425 5 wood.

I'm getting real annoyed that my 3 wood hasn't magically shown up on my doorstep yet! I'm really happy that these are selling so well for Mizuno but selfishly I'm annoyed :ROFLMAO:.

I ordered stock and it's close to a month since my 5 wd order. I suspect that it will arrive within 2 weeks.

Reactions: KEV
I ordered stock and it's close to a month since my 5 wd order. I suspect that it will arrive within 2 weeks.
I'm in week 5 and was told 5 weeks. I ordered it with an Atmos Black shaft though so maybe that holds it up. I probably should have just gone with the stock offering.

I'm in week 5 and was told 5 weeks. I ordered it with an Atmos Black shaft though so maybe that holds it up. I probably should have just gone with the stock offering.

Because of the many stock options, I suspect they are all custom orders unless a brick and mortar has yours in stock.

Man Mizuno makes some fine looking clubs. These are just on fire when looking at all the pictures.

That Sim Ti was lovely as a 5 wood. Are you finding the Miz 5 wood here to be as saucy? I have yet to hit one, but intend to. Like many others here, was also considering the G425 5 wood.
Like I said, it’s better.

It took mine right at 5 weeks from release date.

I think I might be adding a 5 wood to my bag also and this and the G425 are likely the main contenders. The great feedback on this 5 wood is giving it an edge though. I just have to decide if I want three deeper face in that position.

I think I might be adding a 5 wood to my bag also and this and the G425 are likely the main contenders. The great feedback on this 5 wood is giving it an edge though. I just have to decide if I want three deeper face in that position.
Fwiw, it’s been easy as hell off the deck. I mean easy.

Fwiw, it’s been easy as hell off the deck. I mean easy.
This was the biggest shocker for me. Especially considering the face depth and head size.

This was the biggest shocker for me. Especially considering the face depth and head size.
Yep, I didn’t believe there was a snowballs chance it would elevate easily with that deep face....I was wrong.

side by side with a decent swing, it did seem to me the 425 max was launching higher. however, the stz had faster ball speed and still carried farther despite a flatter trajectory. couple that with a better look, better feel, awesome stock shaft, and straighter/slight fade flight, it was a slam dunk.

Yep, I didn’t believe there was a snowballs chance it would elevate easily with that deep face....I was wrong.
James, with all the talk about the 5w be a deep face could you do me a favor and take a head-on picture with it lined up behind a ball? One of the things I like about my JPX EZ is it seems shallower than other 5 woods I've swung.
20210318_093333.jpg

Thanks @Vader ! From that angle it does look a little deeper, not sure though, but it does seem to be set-up a little toe high?
That’s the photographer and the angle. It’s actually a very flat fairway. I’ll get a head on pic sometime soon to show you the depth better as well.

Turned down to 16 might be the ticket. It’s hanging with 15.0 3w’s.... 👀

Turned down to 16 might be the ticket. It’s hanging with 15.0 3w’s.... 👀
Their hosel is awesome in the amount of adjustment that can be done.

Back