Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

Following and really enjoying this thread @Jman. I'm a big fan of TourEdge and love my EXS driver. Your early thoughts that the C721 is a little more forgiving and perhaps a bit longer are music to my ears. I'm hoping to get a look at it in person and maybe get a few swings in with it. But, I'll have to travel a good ways to a bigger market than Pensacola. LOL
Give it some time and 4 members here will have a C721 driver in hand for testing. I'm liking what I'm hearing too, and the tech stories are intriguing.

:oops::oops:
20210323_151120.jpg

B3CB24C2-4187-48E1-B55D-6A047D8D161C.jpeg

Attachments

• B825428C-8ECD-4375-9E84-A89681129796.jpeg
    B825428C-8ECD-4375-9E84-A89681129796.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 15

Initial thoughts...

TEE headcovers are consistently good. Love the looks and the quality of their headcovers. Thought that when I got my EX10 3w, and still think that now.

The Carbon wings, I've looked at inside, outside in the sun, and I have no concern anymore about how the driver will look at address. The colors blend more than I initially thought, and give a good cohesive look, while still giving you alignment cues with the Ridgeback design. The Diamond face looks great, but I can't wait to test out the tech on the inside, where the magic happens. Overall, a great overall package from TEE.

I have the HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue shaft in this, and I'm excited to give it a go in combination with the C721 head. I currently play a Smoke Yellow in my Cobra gamer, so should be a fun comparison!

Have a round scheduled for Thursday, so as long as the rain holds off that will be the first day out! Can't wait!

First thoughts. Crown of club absolutely a thing of beauty. Carbon fiber and ridgeback go well together. Carbon fiber material in head cover go nicely with club. Cant say that for some clubs I have.
Initial swing thoughts. Club feels good in the hands launches easily and spin is low. Will get more when I can get it in sim for a solid work out

Guess what the UPS man brought me...
63822663880__C0EF11E8-0F69-42B9-A943-9FCF906D3D76.jpeg63822665062__6DAF79F3-98F7-4D9D-98CE-95D16B7C43FF.jpeg

Last edited:
I told you all it looked good. :ROFLMAO:

I told you all it looked good. :ROFLMAO:
Dude, i did not doubt you, but when i opened the box.....OMG that is one sweet Driver

I gotta say, this driver has a great feel and weight to it already. The shine, the carbon and just the overall look of this war club....I want to head straight to the course tomorrow and REALLY SAD its a work day......I have a range close by though....

Ok THP I gave a few quick thoughts earlier. Now I’ve played a couple sim rounds with it. A little learning curve and getting to know one another. I’ll be perfectly honest I might have been a little aggressive with my shaft choice. I went smoke black RDX 6.0. Blue might have been a slightly better fit. Went with black since I have experience with it in the past. Driver is very easy to look at. I find nothing about its appearance that draws attention or distraction while set up or swing. Weight seems spot on to what I like.
After a sim round to get acquainted we teed up another round. Recorded spins using using Bridgestone Tour B RXS. Throwing out the high and low averaging the rest avg was 2227. Range was 2022-2658. Even the top spin that I didn’t average was under 3k hit right on bottom lip.
Sim round ended well my best round so far. 3 under with 5 birdies. If you have kept up on 2021 round count you know I have played a lot. I would say first sim experience couldn’t have really gone much better.
More info to follow have some young had swingers coming to play golf next weekend Will put it in their hands also 6C6B0EE5-7A3F-4642-8051-22940A15162F.jpeg269BC750-7E0B-4279-9427-9AF83F6133E6.jpegA40544AB-FCAD-4EB9-9375-E6DDAE09DCF5.jpeg

Nice video @donny475 ! If there’s ever a scuffle you can be my wingman haha
Thank you, this past year has been a little hard on me, A broken foot in November, but i'm back working out so i'll be ready to jump in if needed in a couple of months.

Ok THP I gave a few quick thoughts earlier. Now I’ve played a couple sim rounds with it. A little learning curve and getting to know one another. I’ll be perfectly honest I might have been a little aggressive with my shaft choice. I went smoke black RDX 6.0. Blue might have been a slightly better fit. Went with black since I have experience with it in the past. Driver is very easy to look at. I find nothing about its appearance that draws attention or distraction while set up or swing. Weight seems spot on to what I like.
After a sim round to get acquainted we teed up another round. Recorded spins using using Bridgestone Tour B RXS. Throwing out the high and low averaging the rest avg was 2227. Range was 2022-2658. Even the top spin that I didn’t average was under 3k hit right on bottom lip.
Sim round ended well my best round so far. 3 under with 5 birdies. If you have kept up on 2021 round count you know I have played a lot. I would say first sim experience couldn’t have really gone much better.
More info to follow have some young had swingers coming to play golf next weekend Will put it in their hands also View attachment 8999373View attachment 8999374View attachment 8999375
Boom.

It’s a beast!

Boom.

It’s a beast!
Makes me even more eager to try the other offerings they have. The C721 line looks like a winner top to bottom.

Good evening all - Just like the other TEEm TourEdge Testers - I received the C721 Driver today as well. (I couple of things to know - I currently swing the Callaway Mavrik SubZero with a Ventus Black 6.0. The TEC271 has the PJX HAZRDUS RDX Black 6.5 shaft in it. My lower back is a bit jacked up right now - but couldn't wait to get out and hit it - just got done getting beat up by the 2nd Covid Vaccine so I'm not at the top of my game and I've been playing hockey all winter so my ball flight will be lower than I want for a bit.)

Here's a little diddy that I put together of my initial thoughts:

Out of the box, it's really impressive. Clean lines, great look, and the ridgeback's appearance is very minimal in real life - up close videos don't do it justice as it blends in nicely to the naked eye. Just an up close and personal view and feel of the diamond face and you can tell it's different than what I would have expected in the past from TourEdge - it's much more solid and really looks great. The head profile is a bit bigger than what I would normally play with an extruding butt end. I currently play Callaway Mavrik SubZero and really like that profile look. It isn't a deal-breaker but made me pause for a bit and look at it. (Attached pictures at the end of this for comparison sake of Mavrik and C721).

After the oohing and ahing over the club, I warmed up and hit both sticks in my home sim.

Performance-wise you can see the details between the two clubs below in a data set. The sound and overall feel are just as good as the Mavrik in which I was honestly surprised about. Don't know why but I was. The sound was almost exactly the same as the Mavrik - if I wasn't holding the club in my hand I wouldn't have known. One thing that I noticed is that there is a bit of a difference when I center-faced a ball and the feeling of that. It felt great and I knew I hit it well, but it didn't feel as buttery smooth as my Mav - again - not a big deal and def not a deal-breaker but it was something that I noticed.

A big and important difference is that the spin on the C721 was about an average of 400 RPMS less from my SubZero. I was so excited to hit the club that I forgot to adjust it to approximately the same degrees as my gamer at 10*. I'll set it to 10.5* tomorrow and give it a whirl. But as you look at the data set from tonight, there really wasn't much of a difference between my Mavrik and the TourEdgeC721 throughout the data set. At this point, it's definitely a contender to be in the bag once I change out the grip to a midsize and adjust the loft to the correct setting for me. Overall a good first night of testing and I'll be sure to get it on the course this weekend. Can't wait to see what it does this weekend.

Thank you to TourEdge and THP for this opportunity. It's already opened my eyes to their products.

Here are some photos and the data set for you to pour-over. Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 9.41.12 PM.png
C634B0AC-8389-4F87-B1DA-7FE2F25D5322_1_105_c.jpeg
AACB0956-2BA7-4ADF-A76A-9210757E64EE_1_105_c.jpeg
58C60296-5B2A-47CC-A0E9-2FFDFF05D034_1_105_c.jpeg
3EF3A61D-33D5-4239-BF88-5DE9357916B0_1_105_c.jpeg
04F0C868-1E0F-495C-A337-F9C3AA1A7D1F_1_105_c.jpeg
1796EB93-B289-45E3-B61A-E948B0AAB2D0_1_105_c.jpeg

That is one hell of a good first post @jmix18

Well done!

Lookin good @jmix18 ! Keep up the good work !

Well done, @jmix18! A lot of good insights!

Back