Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

Honestly, pictures don't do the club justice. The "glossiness" doesn't stand out much when you're set up to hit it IMHO.

Honestly, pictures don't do the club justice. The "glossiness" doesn't stand out much when you're set up to hit it IMHO.
Agree 100% with this statement.

I agree, I kinda like the more matte/satin type finishes. For some reason Tour Edge's renderings always make their clubs look matte/satin.

Hoping my local shop has these in stock. Are they out yet in stores or is this an April release?
Saw them in PGATSS just this last weekend.

I wish the Ridgeback portion would be the matte finish and the rest of the crown (carbon fiber) be glossy.

View attachment 8999787

I was right there with you @Drumdog wishing the looks were a bit different from the pictures. But having had it in hand both in the sun and inside, I think the glossy finish creates a cohesive look, and blends the Ridgeback with the Carbon wings. I think if one was matte, and one was glossy, it would break it up, and not sure in a good way.

But, I can appreciate the matte look. It's what I'm usually drawn to, but I always seem to end of with a glossy finished driver in the end. Which has never bothered me once I start playing.

Hope you get out to give it a test on course. I will be back to reviewing soon. I can give a shout out to Tour Edge customer service.
I made a bad choice for me in shaft selection. All on me not TE. I emailed to see if I could purchase another shaft option. I get an email back with shipping label to return driver for a new c721 with a blue hzrdus. More than what I had even hoped for. I was perfectly fine with purchasing a shaft. So thumbs up to Tour Edge I will be looking at their equipment more in the future.
(y) on their customer service. I called them yesterday to see about returning a EXS 220 that I bought 2 weeks ago from their pre-owned inventory. I explained to him that shortly after receiving it I got the round 3 stimulus payment and decided to try to try the C721, I was not dissatisfied with the 220 but after comparing them using my launch monitor I was just MORE satisfied with the C721. He busted out laughing and told me to hold on a minute while he pulled up my order to get the return label printed.

Well i took it out to the course today...had a 815 am tee time with my normal group. I did not even take the "other" drive with me as i has time to head to the range before starting. I swapped out the regular grip for a Medium Size like my irons.

SIde note; I pulled all the shafts from my Hogan's combo set or PTX Pro's and ICONs and put Recoil 95 Stiffs in them and the wedges got high rev KBS wedge shafts Thursday, so there were now changes all around.

I hit probably 7 shots with the drive on the range after getting loose. 5 pretty straight, 1 i hit right but that was number 6 that i tried to hit a draw, (IT DIDN"T) but it went a long way-lol. Number 7 was pretty much the soft draw i like. Headed for the 1st tee.

I hit 5 of the 6 fairways on the Front nine, ( the 7th was a downhill/downwind par 4 that utilized the forward tee box and i hit the 14 deg 3 wood to the green). The fairway i missed was the second and a little towards the toe and was a gently draw left of center that ran just off the fairway. 50 degree to 12 feet and a birdie. I kinda thought it was funny that the only fairway i missed, was the only birdie on the front nine. Longest drive on the front was a downwind par 5 that rolled out to 280ish. I just Felt SO CONFIDENT with this in my hands all day. The guys i play with are pretty close in age to me and they could not get over how good this Driver Sounded. They asked about the whole testing for TEEm Tour Edge and it was fun to be able to discuss the tech from the video and the Diamond face and what it looks like from the back of the face and how that affects the off center hits. They all 3 hit a ball on a hole and then hit the C721. In every instance, they were so close to the same distance.

Back nine was better as we started on a par 5 and I hit 4 iron to the green for a second, ( i missed ). I did get up and down for Birdie though. some short dog legs on that 9 and I hit a couple of draws when i wanted to. I hit 5 of 7 on the back and both were shots that went straight-ish when i needed a fade and they ran through the fairway.

It was an awesome day over all and the irons still need a little work, but over all, i had fun. I would have to say that i know i say time and time again, the off center hits are not a whole lot penalizing. I am going to order a driver adapter so i can try another shaft in it and see if i can tweak it a bit more for my game.

First time out though, I was impressed and for right now, i am a Tour Edge C721 Gamer. Might just invest in some irons, but we shall see what else is in store for us.

a little fun was had by all today

While I fully intend on ordering this driver after the March Madness contest is over to see if I win anything, I really like the looks and am very impressed with the raving reviews on it. I do have 1 tiny thing that I wish Tour Edge would change and that is the glossy finish of the Ridgeback. Every live picture I have seen shows the whole crown as being glossy. The pictures on their website show more of a matte finish. I wish the Ridgeback portion would be the matte finish and the rest of the crown (carbon fiber) be glossy. Here is the picture from their website to show what I am talking about. The glossy finish is not a deal breaker for me at all, just kind of a wish list. Your thoughts?

View attachment 8999787

Gotta say, the look of the Driver in person does not put me off at all. I can and do understand what you say, but having this on the course today and all of my group took a turn bitting it, no one said anything about how it looked other than it looked nice and felt great. To me; at the end of a driver shaft, it look fine to me.....

Really cant wait to get this driver back out!!

Nice looking club! Looking forward to the write up!

What do we have here
64BC4F9C-CA3A-46BA-8140-AD517C0410E3.jpeg
3D777A02-BDB8-4D2D-8C75-6E4B89A6A748.jpeg

Initial thoughts, face sets up a touch closed maybe to my eye. First swing ends up high toe and results with a little draw that found the fairway. The sound was pretty good. Setup feels a lot lighter than my gamer

Beautiful driver, but in the first post, that view at address would scare me as I am such a flawed golfer. I can just picture balls flying into the neighbouring Province.

Initial thoughts, face sets up a touch closed maybe to my eye. First swing ends up high toe and results with a little draw that found the fairway. The sound was pretty good. Setup feels a lot lighter than my gamer
Glad to see you have this out today! I found the C721 sound a lot more pleasing that my Cobra Xtreme, so I'm curious what you think as I know you gamed it too.

I know it sets up square to the line, but for me, it helps me to set up right down the right edge for my baby draw. THIS IS A BEAST!

I want to gush about this driver more than I have, since I've only taken it out once. But that one time has me itching to get it back out. I'm going to try to squeeze in a range session one evening with my boys, so I can confirm what I felt and saw from the first round.

My C721 with blue rdx shaft appears to have arrived today. Have a sim session later this evening. Shout out to great customer service from Tour Edge on swapping me drivers. Will put it to the test this evening. Have a couple boys here with swing speeds over 115. Will let them have a go at it also.

My C721 with blue rdx shaft appears to have arrived today. Have a sim session later this evening. Shout out to great customer service from Tour Edge on swapping me drivers. Will put it to the test this evening. Have a couple boys here with swing speeds over 115. Will let them have a go at it also.
Can't wait to hear how it fits your swing! Have fun!

I was able to reserve a stall at the PGASS this afternoon and take the jewel on her first date. Lined it up against the Taylormade SIM. Both Are 10.5 and they both have Regular Shafts in them:

I have got to say that the appearance of this Driver is awesome. When i set it behind the ball it was so Square. The match between the Carbon Fibre and the Ridgeback running through the middle of the club blends so well. I know some find it of putting but to me it just set up so well and actually lines me up straight down the line to an extent.
Now, i will say, that i was not impressed by the balls that the PGASS had for use and I really can't wait to get my balls out on the course. These were so junky looking and half way smooth, there was absolutely no brand name on them at all, and if i owned a driving range, i would be ashamed to have them. That being said....I feel there were some real clunkers in there and below is a sample of the numbers. I am a mid to high ball on the driver and tend to hit a slight draw.
I thought i would be able to print out the numbers when done, but alas, was told no, only after i was done. SO these numbers cam from a couple of pics i took
I am amazed at the reduction of backspin compared to the same swing speeds

The sound is amazing and i will say that i have weighted the SIM with Hot Melt and ui have been swinging it for over a year. The sound compared to my TM is very equitable and solid. I cannot wait to get it out on the course. My usual group on Saturdays have seen pics and are all begging to give it a hit or ten.

Be nice on your critiques, i'm old :ROFLMAO:

Scroll down for PICs f the clubs and also some i took of the SC200

I threw in a couple of swing vids too.

Taylormade Sim 10.5 w/ HZRDUS Black Smoke
SwingSpeed Ball Speed BacKSpin SideSpin H Launch V Launch Max Height Carry Tot Dist
98 133 3690 542 L 1.51 15.3 30 241 262
100 138 3630 306 R 1.41 11,4 37 258 269
104 141 3836 134 L 1.71 14.5 48 257 268
101 140 1444 766 L 3.81 11.3 24 237 249 (snipe hook)
98 126 3623 293L 3.01 21.9 47 240 259
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red
SwingSpeed Ball Speed BacKSpin SideSpin H Launch V Launch Max Height Carry Tot Dist
103 143 2367 110L 1.41 10.0 38 248 262
101 142 2658 310L 2.7 15.1 37 252 268
102 137 2763 320L 2.1 16.3 42 255 267
104 141 3289 64L .8 14.1 46 260 274
100 135 3045 140L .7 15.9 41 251 262

View attachment 8999557
View attachment 8999558View attachment 8999560View attachment 8999561View attachment 8999562View attachment 8999563View attachment 8999564View attachment 8999565

Nice write up.

I really like the look of the Tour Edge versus the TaylorMade Sim. Both are beautiful clubs, but I like the less pronounced carbon top of the C721 driver.

I also noticed the TaylorMade Sim was really spinning high for your swing speed. You had much better looking numbers with the Tour Edge

One of the guys that’s going to hit mine tonight is a high spin guy. Curious to see comparison with his gamer.

Nice write up.

I really like the look of the Tour Edge versus the TaylorMade Sim. Both are beautiful clubs, but I like the less pronounced carbon top of the C721 driver.

I also noticed the TaylorMade Sim was really spinning high for your swing speed. You had much better looking numbers with the Tour Edge
Int really does, such a penetrating ball flight and once i was able to settle in on the range, hitting into the net at the Store was just not my style. I went to be able to see the reaction of the ball offf the club and watch it fly. I can tell so much by looking at the numbers, but out in the range where you can see instant results, it was just awesome.

I'll let @jdtox fill you guys in on his performance with this one today when he pops on later. Really interesting sound. Its a bit on the louder side, but not in a bad way. We both described it as a "crack", reminds me of a well hit baseball off a wood bat almost. I took two swings with it, and had ok results. It definitely sets up a little closed to my eye, and I really struggle with that. Seems pretty low spin, and @jdtox was murdering it. First Tour Edge driver I've ever hit. Impressive stuff.

Back