Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 18th hole I hit a great drive 294yrds and had 80 yards to the pin. After a so-so LW I had a 20 ft putt for birdie to get to even on the 9. I stroked a great putt and I was tracking the whole way and dropped for a solid birdie. The drive was great and the putt was money.

My best shot/hole of the day, on a day where "good" shots were hard to find was a 513 yd par 5 with a right to left crosswind. I laced my tee shot 368 yds, leaving me 145 yds out. I hit a 9 iron to about 15 feet (wind killed it short) and then drained my eagle putt. Not even another birdie on the round, but I owned ONE hole today.

Hit a greenside bunker shot from the bunker opposite of the pin. A loooong way away, but not sure exactly how far. Anyway, the ball hopped once rolled into the hole.....and the flagstick knocked it back out. Putted in for par though. Nice up and down sand save.

even though it was a pretty ****** day on the course i managed to roll the ball on the edge of the cup on a par 3 175yard. I thought for a second that i would actually manage to get a HIO, but it ended up about 19inches from the cup.

A 295 yards drive straight as an arrow, I hope I have more of those in the bag!

Did everyone else go home as well? Hopefully they'll remember you draining that one while their sitting over a little 4 footer.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

No, they stayed. I on the other hand shook my head when it was longer than all putts I holed during the tournament...combined.

Best shot(s) during the second round: Par 5, uphill into a 2-club wind. Drive of about 295, hit my 3-wood 275 onto the green. 3-jack, lol. Oh well, it was a 75-foot putt.

I hit a couple of awesome 3 wood shots today. The wind was so strong, I had to hit it to a couple of par 3 approaches.

Par 4 - 17th. Bad drive left me about 240 to the green, blocked out by some trees on the right. Hit a low cut round the trees, on to the hill and rolled it up to about 8 feet. And missed, of course.

best 2 shots for me today was both with the driver
a 350+ wind assisted drive on a 400yard par 4
and a 280yard drive with a nasty cross wind on a 300 yard par 4

Today my best shots were probably with my 56* from around the green. Managed to get the ball to do some dancing for me. Just a pity the short stick didn't finish off the good work.

Best shot of my round Saturday: On 18 tee I was a bit tired and hit a horrible drive - squatted down on it with my left leg, didn't rotate my hips, flipped my hands... low hook left that only went around 200 yards, left of a fairway bunker and behind a group of oak trees. I could chip right into the fairway but would have to carry the bunker and then not go long into the bunker on the other side. I couldn't hit a full shot at the green because the trees were too close to get over from 190 yards out. So I choked down on my 3 wood, hooded the face, aimed into a gap in the trees towards a bunker on the right side of the green, took a 3/4 punch swing, perfect contact, kept it low under the branches, right into the small gap, low hook that never got more than about 5-8 feet off the ground, drew perfectly and bounced right up onto the fringe of the green, missing the bunkers and mounds. I couldn't have done any better unless it made it all the way back near the hole (back pin). Easy chip and putt from there. One of those rare difficult shots you visualize how to do it and then pull it off exactly. The rest of the foursome couldn't believe I did it.

Best shot of my round yesterday: 170 out in the middle of the fairway, ball sitting an inch or so below my feet. Played the slight fade into the green and ended up with about a 8 foot putt which I managed to make.
I struggle to hit balls when they are below my feet, so that is one reason I'm so proud of the shot. The other is because I actually made the putt... One of only 2 that I made all day.

181 par3 5i
lowwww 3yrd draw right at it... missed my birdie putt... tap in par

170 yard par 3, I fint the right greenside bunker, ball is on the down slope furtherst awayy from green, pin is about 40 ft off the edge of the green, I grab my 58 wedge open the face and take a quater swing, it lands 30 ft from the hole and its tracking! It starts slowing down and finally drops in off the left side of the hole! My first birdie of the season and my first ever hole out from the sand!!

I hit the fairway off the tee. Yep that was about the only good shot I had today, lol.

It was actually a putt. A long 50'+ slight down hiller that stopped on the edge. And then dropped in for a bird.

I hit a 4 iron from a fluffy lie just off the fairway at about 205 out and I lost it completely off the club face, it just disappeared. So I hit a provisional from the same spot and was more careful to follow it and everybody else saw it this time so OK so at least I know where that ball is, I thought. When I get to the green the provisional and the first ball are sitting next to each other about 3 feet apart and almost exactly the same distance to the inch past the pin.

Breeze-aided drive on 10th hole of Bethpage Red, dead center, 343 yards.

in our tournament yesterday it was funny that ole One-T was the one holing the distant putts!! Thats right!

also, a guy in the team in front of us hit a hole in one and won a VW Jetta

went flag hunting on my 2nd shot of a short 425yrd par5 dogleg left
4w from a lil over 220... pretty lil draw
hit about 10yrds in front of the green
took one lil bounce and hit the bottom of the stick taking a 90 deg turn left ending about 20ft below left of the hole
missed eagle... tap in birdie

best round of my entire life today. broke 80 for the first time. easy course (but very windy today). More good shots in this one round than in the last 10 combined.

After an absolutely terrible drive on 16, i was looking about 225 away from the rough. I just picked up a used 2007 callaway 3 wood for $40. Well that thing just performed like a million dollar club. I absolutely nutted it, bounced pin high and b/c of so much wind knocking it down only rolled about 15 ft. past the pin.
Lipped the putt out and tapped in for an incredible par.

No doubles today :) First time ever doing that on a full round.

Drove a green on a par 4 with an incredible fade. Two others to the fringe. (Wind made it tough to even reach 260).

I finally found out what it felt like to think more about what I wanted to do with the shot then constantly thinking about "shoulder, hips, grip, ok back to shoulder, dammit bend my knees, then during backswing #$@! @#&!@ @!# I"M GONNA MISS THIS ONE I CAN FEEL IT... "

2mxNF.jpg

The best shot of my round on Sunday came on a 80 yard GW shot on the first hole. I hit a massively high spinning shot that dropped out of the air like a rock and stuck to about 5 feet from the cup for birdie. It was a blessing and a curse that this happened on the first hole.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

The best shot of my round on Sunday came on a 80 yard GW shot on the first hole. I hit a massively high spinning shot that dropped out of the air like a rock and stuck to about 5 feet from the cup for birdie. It was a blessing and a curse that this happened on the first hole.

Nice bird Mardin and it is always a good thing to birdie, never a curse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back