The Masters 2021 Contest and Thread Sponsored by Bridgestone Golf

I recall at least once in the past Rose leading after Day1 at Augusta, only to fade out. Brilliant round today though.

Greg Norman is on Masters Radio, and was complementary today... But Faldo hates graphite shafts too 🤷‍♂️
Faldo is a retro-grouch, he hates everything after about 1980.

The only way I’ve made him more tolerable is to picture the Geico gecko when he’s speaking. He sounds just like him. 😆

If these greens stay hard someone needs to swing by the Titleist truck and pick up some old school balatas to try for some more spin.

Spieth with another close one

Spieth with another close one
Jordan put up a good fight today, especially considering he had a triple and spent half the day hitting shots off pine straw and through trees. Good to see him smiling and strutting a bit again.

Jordan put up a good fight today, especially considering he had a triple and spent half the day hitting shots off pine straw and through trees. Good to see him smiling and strutting a bit again.
Give me those two things and for the love of god get rid of the Nomar hand thing before pulling the trigger. It’s like watching a dog scoot across a rug

Shockingly bunch of big names at +4.

I don't think any of that +4 are out of it...yyet.

Listened to a lot of Masters radio this afternoon for coverage, Norman sounded so much more comfortable on this coverage than the USGA. Noticeably better.

Watch out for the “Team Rose” updates! There is going to be all kinds of content after this round.

Give me those two things and for the love of god get rid of the Nomar hand thing before pulling the trigger. It’s like watching a dog scoot across a rug

Yes...Jordans swing always unerves me for some reason. He is a fidgety golfer.

What a day! Couple really nice shots, and saves!

Incredible run for Rose at the end, and the Ace for Fleetwood...

We'll see how the course looks as the weekend approaches. Supposed to be cool tomorrow and some rain in the forecast. Might soften things up! I also expect we'll see some lower scores tomorrow - guys will have a chance to evaluate the day.

Tough break for Ancer on 15. Penalty for striking the sand before he took his shot. Ends up with a triple on the hole.

My Mavs played at 4 pm cst so I was focused on that but my attention is focused on the Masters after they lost in the last minute.

Rosey blowing the field away is hard to believe. Jordan and Viktor coming back after triples was great.

Tough break for Ancer on 15. Penalty for striking the sand before he took his shot. Ends up with a triple on the hole.
There's a lot of outrage on Twitter for this... Which I find curious because at the root of it, it's definitely a penalty haha

Absolutely sucks, and I am hard pressed to believe the idea that a rules official was in the bunker with him to see it, but it doesn't make it less of a penalty for hovering that low and moving sand.

I took two flyers and one is at even par. I feel pretty good about it haha

Mine aren't terrible, but we're all at least 7 shots away from the leader. Goodness gracious, Rosie went nuts today.

How can Koepkas playing partners even play with that pink hat in their peripherals. That hat should be illegal.

While it is technically a penalty, it was assessed after he signed his score card and people saw it on video.

Since I thought people couldn't call in penalties anymore are there people who just sit there and watch video for the purpose trying to find penalties?

There's a lot of outrage on Twitter for this... Which I find curious because at the root of it, it's definitely a penalty haha

Absolutely sucks, and I am hard pressed to believe the idea that a rules official was in the bunker with him to see it, but it doesn't make it less of a penalty for hovering that low and moving sand.
And let’s be honest, like I said there, had this been another player they would be screaming cheater

While it is technically a penalty, it was assessed after he signed his score card and people saw it on video.

Since I thought people couldn't call in penalties anymore are there people who just sit there and watch video for the purpose trying to find penalties?
I don't know how ANGC operates in this condition. I've little doubt that they had a leg to stand on if they called him on it though.

And let’s be honest, like I said there, had this been another player they would be screaming cheater
haha, imagine Patty Reed did it?

That would have been hilarious - especially when @useGOLFfacts came to his rescue!

Back