Favorite Par 3 Length?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I was just talking to a friend who said his favorite par 3 length was 155. I had never really thought about it, but was curious where everybody else falls.

140-160 for me. A little longer if downhill. I like to be an 8 or 9 iron

For scoring I like 150-170 (wedge phobia). For HIO anticipation, the shorter the better. But I also love the satisfaction of hitting the green on a par 3 playing 190+

I like something in the 8-6 iron length.

135-150 yards. I like an easy 8 or 9 as my favorite par 3 clubs

167. Home course #17 plays at 167 when the pin is in the back. Its been some of my greatest shots and some of my worst. Anywhere else & I see 167 and I just enjoy trying to hit that shot.

140-160. I seem to have a bit more fun with the short par 3's that make you have to be smart instead of just foot on the floor aggressive, or 30ft but on the green conservative.

Exact yardage? Id say 154. Should be a smooth 8i if I'm swinging well.

Well designed scenic par threes are my favorite type of hole. I don't really have a yardage preference though.

I like a shorter par 3 with danger protecting the green. 135-145 with a bunker or water in the front and danger on one side and the back too so you only have one bail out area.

255 yards...........ha jk.

more like 155-170ish

I'm not sure I really have a favourite par 3 yardage. Other environmental factors play into things as well, so it's not all just about distance. If I had to say a number, I'd go with anything under 200 yards.

153. That is my PW distance and just feels like a complete go at the flag yardage for me.

170 yards would be perfect for me.

148 to the middle of the green is my sweet spot.

Not sure I could honestly say i have a "favorite" par 3 length.....?

Somewhere between 130-150... an easy 6i-8i.

120'ish....I just feel like i got a shot at a hole in one with a wedge in my hand.

I love hitting my 6 & 7 irons on par 3s. 180-195

8 iron is probably my favorite club for a par 3 so 150ish

150 yards. 8i. Most comfort I have on a par 3 is this distance with my 8i.

I love hitting my 6 & 7 irons on par 3s. 180-195

I like that length too.

I like any distance (until I hit a gap issue around 225) where I can swing at least a full PW at. There’s a couple I play that are less than full GW’s. The short courses I play I have enough less than full swings, I almost feel cheated if I don’t get a full one on the 3’s.

150 to 170 range. My distance control is best in that range where I tend to balloon shorter irons.

Back