Love seeing some of the new firearm acquisitions

I haven't even taken my pistol to the range in a couple years, its just sitting in the safe. S&W m&p 40, should I do a cleaning or anything before firing it again or they good to just sit without issues?
I would break it down and look for any issues you get from long term storage. Barring those you should be GTG provided you have a source for replacing your expended ammo.

Love seeing some of the new firearm acquisitions

I haven't even taken my pistol to the range in a couple years, its just sitting in the safe. S&W m&p 40, should I do a cleaning or anything before firing it again or they good to just sit without issues?

I would give it a cleaning for sure. Also before putting them away for long periods I would recommend running a patch with a little gun oil down the barrel. Run a dry patch or two through it before firing though.

I would give it a cleaning for sure. Also before putting them away for long periods I would recommend running a patch with a little gun oil down the barrel. Run a dry patch or two through it before firing though.
I should have edited it was cleaned and everything after the last firing, but for sure a good idea to do it again. Gotta convince a cop buddy who just a new action lever rifle to go to to the range... and I gotta show the wife how to shoot.. i don't think our "vicious" pitties will be adequate home defense

I should have edited it was cleaned and everything after the last firing, but for sure a good idea to do it again. Gotta convince a cop buddy who just a new action lever rifle to go to to the range... and I gotta show the wife how to shoot.. i don't think our "vicious" pitties will be adequate home defense
Hopefully you have a good supply of ammo, because it's hard to find & expensive right now.

Hopefully you have a good supply of ammo, because it's hard to find & expensive right now.
I'll say. E.g.: Last time I bought 9mm range ammo, I'm certain I paid no more than 26¢/round. Now you'd be lucky to find it for three times that--if you could find it at all.

I'll say. E.g.: Last time I bought 9mm range ammo, I'm certain I paid no more than 26¢/round. Now you'd be lucky to find it for three times that--if you could find it at all.
One of the guys at work was looking on line, that was in stock, & it was almost 87 cents a round 🤯

One of the guys at work was looking on line, that was in stock, & it was almost 87 cents a round 🤯
Our LGS has been charging from $34.95 to 49.95 /box of 50 9mm. I pass on that as I have approx.1100 rds saved up.Not as much as a lot of people, but enough that I can shoot a box if I want to.I recently got 2 boxes for $ 24.95 /box from Defender Ammo here in NC to cover my last range session.

It really frosts my onions when these shortages and price spikes happen... i’ve got a little bit of 9mm and .38 spl... and probably 2k of .22 LR ( luvs me the plinkin’) Hopefully enough to carry me. I really gotta start reloading....

What part of Ohio, I’m from Youngstown.
JAOFFO= just another old fart from Ohio.

Same here! It was the Boardman store I was referring to. I wanted to stop in and check out some fishing gear, but I was not going to stand in that line!

These are some of my babies, they are so precious LOL

I dearly love my .243! It's a Remington ADL, synthetic stock. Probably 30-35 years old. What a tack driver! Took it to the club range to sight in before deer season. I get set up while a gang of guys at the other end of the range are just blazing away! They finally call a cease fire, so we walk out and I can set up my target. I get back to the bench and load a round. Now, I don't have anything fancy like a Caldwell Lead Sled. But I do have an inexpensive gizmo called a Sight Vise! It allows me to hold very steady. I take a bead on the bullseye and touch off a shot, jack the casing out of the action, and look through the spotting scope. I'm about 2"low and 2" left.

I kick back and relax since the guys at the other end of the range have resumed blazing away! I have a thermos of coffee and a travel mug so I enjoy a cup of coffee and a cig. When it seems like they're slowing down a bit I load another round, take a bead, and touch off another shot. The second look through the spotting scope cannot find a second bullet hole! HUH?! But the original bullet hole looks a little "funny". Eventually the blazers call another cease fire and we walk out to our targets. These are at 100 yard BTW.

Getting a closer look at the target, I can see that original bullet hole had been "elongated" a bit. So, I pretty much shot through the same hole. We get back to the bench and okay, 2" down, 2" left, let's adjust the scope 8 clicks up and 8 clicks right. I load another round and touch it off. Dead center bull! Same deal as before. Kick back and relax while the blazers keep blazing away! Again touch off another shot just before they call another time out and it's the same result. So, I pull my target. I just love a 4 shot sight in!

What's weird about this is that when I bought the rifle I figured Remington rifle, let's buy Remington ammo. I couldn't get that stuff to group worth a damn! I wondered if something was wrong with the rifle, the scope, or me! After thinking about it a while, I remembered that the .243 is a Winchester caliber, so a bought a box of Winchester cartridges. They are what enable this rifle to be a tack driver! Ammo is incredibly important to the performance of a firearm.

Last edited:
Found some guns relating to golf

I would like to start reloading but NO components anywhere around here or pretty much online.

I am looking to buy an AR style 12ga shotgun, something like this:

I would like to start reloading but NO components anywhere around here or pretty much online.

Yeah, now is an extremely tough time to get started in reloading

Same here! It was the Boardman store I was referring to. I wanted to stop in and check out some fishing gear, but I was not going to stand in that line!

I dearly love my .243! It's a Remington ADL, synthetic stock. Probably 30-35 years old. What a tack driver! Took it to the club range to sight in before deer season. I get set up while a gang of guys at the other end of the range are just blazing away! They finally call a cease fire, so we walk out and I can set up my target. I get back to the bench and load a round. Now, I don't have anything fancy like a Caldwell Lead Sled. But I do have an inexpensive gizmo called a Sight Vise! It allows me to hold very steady. I take a bead on the bullseye and touch off a shot, jack the casing out of the action, and look through the spotting scope. I'm about 2"low and 2" left.

I kick back and relax since the guys at the other end of the range have resumed blazing away! I have a thermos of coffee and a travel mug so I enjoy a cup of coffee and a cig. When it seems like they're slowing down a bit I load another round, take a bead, and touch off another shot. The second look through the spotting scope cannot find a second bullet hole! HUH?! But the original bullet hole looks a little "funny". Eventually the blazers call another cease fire and we walk out to our targets. These are at 100 yard BTW.

Getting a closer look at the target, I can see that original bullet hole had been "elongated" a bit. So, I pretty much shot through the same hole. We get back to the bench and okay, 2" down, 2" left, let's adjust the scope 12 clicks up and 12 clicks right. I load another round and touch it off. Dead center bull! Same deal as before. Kick back and relax while the blazers keep blazing away! Again touch off another shot just before they call another time out and it's the same result. So, I pull my target. I just love a 4 shot sight in!

What's weird about this is that when I bought the rifle I figured Remington rifle, let's buy Remington ammo. I couldn't get that stuff to group worth a damn! I wondered if something was wrong with the rifle, the scope, or me! After thinking about it a while, I remembered that the .243 is a Winchester caliber, so a bought a box of Winchester cartridges. They are what enable this rifle to be a tack driver! Ammo is incredibly important to the performance of a firearm.
The most accurate 243 was a Ruger that was rechambered to a 243AI. Wish I should have never sold it. It was to heavy for what I do but still never have sold it. The calibers that I got, the 2 I love the most due to cool factor is the 17&20 Tac

Yeah, now is an extremely tough time to get started in reloading
Reloading isn't an instant fix to your ammo issues, it takes a bit of time to become safely proficient. I feel I am at that point and can load any caliber that fits in my Rockchucker Supreme press. I can find bullets online, not sure about powder, but primers are just as hard as ammo to find, and expensive. I don't know when this craziness will end. I shoot every friday with the guys, then out to lunch after, just like today, but my shooting round count is usually around 50 to 100 rounds. More quality of shooting then quanity. I will shoot 5 rounds slowly, working on my accuracy, then set the gun down, step back, maybe talk with the guys, then shoot another 5. Maybe 1 1/2 hours at the range then lunchtime.

I dearly love my .243!
The most accurate 243 was a Ruger that was rechambered to a 243

My first rifle was a Savage 243. Very accurate especially with hand-loaded ammunition. It was not uncommon to have groups with 3 of 4 shots touching. The rifle is more accurate than I'll ever be as a shooter.

Before I ever brought it out hunting, I took it to the range several times. One day at the range I heard a couple of guys talking and one of them referred to the 243 as a "woman's gun". My buddy - who got me into shooting and reloading - laughed at the comment. On my first morning of hunting whitetail, the largest buck I've ever shot came in to within 100 yards and I dropped it where it stood. When that same friend came over to look at the buck the first thing he said was "not bad for a woman's gun". Of the dozen or so deer taken with that rifle, all but a few never took a step.

The rifle is still in my cabinet but now belongs to my son who lives downstate and leaves it up here.

Reloading isn't an instant fix to your ammo issues, it takes a bit of time to become safely proficient. I feel I am at that point and can load any caliber that fits in my Rockchucker Supreme press. I can find bullets online, not sure about powder, but primers are just as hard as ammo to find, and expensive. I don't know when this craziness will end. I shoot every friday with the guys, then out to lunch after, just like today, but my shooting round count is usually around 50 to 100 rounds. More quality of shooting then quanity. I will shoot 5 rounds slowly, working on my accuracy, then set the gun down, step back, maybe talk with the guys, then shoot another 5. Maybe 1 1/2 hours at the range then lunchtime.
I wish I could find the supplies to reload even the components are in short supply.
Still waiting for my Hellcat to arrive.
HC9319BOSPMS-1024x770.png

I got the one without the manual safety.

I have a Kahr PM9 that I may be selling? It hurts to think about that though, it's a nice pocket carry hg.

I wish I could find the supplies to reload even the components are in short supply.
Still waiting for my Hellcat to arrive.
HC9319BOSPMS-1024x770.png

I got the one without the manual safety.
That’s my next carry gun w/o a safety like yours. Love the rear sight.

Back