Official Rant of the Day

i think i won "you should have just stayed home" bingo today:

1- woke up and thought someone fused my spine while i was sleeping. everything hurt, and couldn't turn at all
2- serious danger of s------g my pants while paying at the register when a violent intestinal squall popped up out of nowhere
3- got every awful break you can imagine throughout the round
4- dropped my custom epic max on the cart path, scuffing the s--t out of it
5- stuck behind one of the slowest groups i've seen in a long time

that's a bingo
long story short, we had an intruder in our back yard saturday night. wife opened the door to let the dog out one last time before going to bed somewhat early (it was just before 11pm), and he was standing there just staring back at her. didn't turn to run, didn't speak, she said he didn't really react at all. she screamed at him to leave, slammed and locked the door then called 911. i was upstairs, so i came running down. cops came quickly, didn't see him or anyone suspicious around, and that was it. neighbors' security cameras picked him up. he had been roaming around our homes, jumping fences and going into back yards, for at least TWO HOURS before our encounter. he was dressed like he was going out for the night; long sleeve button down with the sleeves rolled up a little, jeans, black dress shoes, no hat or any other attempt to conceal or hide. we're hoping he was just high at a party and got confused then was trying to find his way back. either way we are very shaken.

"They" say things happen in threes. You might want to consider wearing your oldest boxers and brown pants for the next few weeks. Just in case.

I almost feel your pain on the club on the cart path. When I got pissed Saturday after shanking a tee shot with my 7 iron, I turned and threw it towards the cart because I was just over my game, it bounced and then proceeded to land head first on the cart path and I immediately got more pissed. I walked over and grabbed it and because it hit the wet dirt first and got that on it, I guess it protected it from the concrete. Not a scratch on it. Just a horrible day of golf.
Don't feel bad. Our games can get to us at times... just to give you some perspective, I played yesterday. On my card were at least 5 7's in a row. And I 5 putted more than once. Or twice. Maybe 3 times. But it was a beautiful day, I only lost 3 balls. And I wasn't at work or working on the honey do list. I was playing at golf.:D

Don't feel bad. Our games can get to us at times... just to give you some perspective, I played yesterday. On my card were at least 5 7's in a row. And I 5 putted more than once. Or twice. Maybe 3 times. But it was a beautiful day, I only lost 3 balls. And I wasn't at work or working on the honey do list. I was playing at golf.:D
I was just too focused on the end result and beating the one team that wins the past few years instead of focusing on the shot at the moment, shot by shot and then slow play added too it and I just went down hill. Day before I was absolutely striping the ball with all the clubs through the bag so that got me frustrated too. Just gotta take a step back, relax and focus on one shot at a time.

I was just too focused on the end result and beating the one team that wins the past few years instead of focusing on the shot at the moment, shot by shot and then slow play added too it and I just went down hill. Day before I was absolutely striping the ball with all the clubs through the bag so that got me frustrated too. Just gotta take a step back, relax and focus on one shot at a time.

long story short, we had an intruder in our back yard saturday night. wife opened the door to let the dog out one last time before going to bed somewhat early (it was just before 11pm), and he was standing there just staring back at her. didn't turn to run, didn't speak, she said he didn't really react at all. she screamed at him to leave, slammed and locked the door then called 911. i was upstairs, so i came running down. cops came quickly, didn't see him or anyone suspicious around, and that was it. neighbors' security cameras picked him up. he had been roaming around our homes, jumping fences and going into back yards, for at least TWO HOURS before our encounter. he was dressed like he was going out for the night; long sleeve button down with the sleeves rolled up a little, jeans, black dress shoes, no hat or any other attempt to conceal or hide. we're hoping he was just high at a party and got confused then was trying to find his way back. either way we are very shaken.

more info has unfolded since this morning. the neighbors have pulled more security footage. what we have gathered is that he was in a white cadillac escalade. cameras show the vehicle driving up and down our street many times from 9pm up until the time of the encounter. at the timestamp just after the encounter, he can be seen running back to that escalade. however, the car was starting as he was running to it. so he either used remote start or had an accomplice.

what is tripping me up is that he was dressed the way he was. nicely, like he was going out for the night. not dressed at all like he was planning on jumping fences, or didn't want to be seen. no visible weapons on him for the footage where he can be seen walking around. fwiw he seems to be a bald white male in his late 40s to early 60s.

we have a couple more people who may have additional footage, then we will be contacting police with this additional information.

i had been trying to rationalize that he was just super high and confused. this new evidence eliminates that narrative. but still leaves a lot unanswered, and when the brain has room to wander it usually finds itself in dark places where it doesn't belong.

more info has unfolded since this morning. the neighbors have pulled more security footage. what we have gathered is that he was in a white cadillac escalade. cameras show the vehicle driving up and down our street many times from 9pm up until the time of the encounter. at the timestamp just after the encounter, he can be seen running back to that escalade. however, the car was starting as he was running to it. so he either used remote start or had an accomplice.

what is tripping me up is that he was dressed the way he was. nicely, like he was going out for the night. not dressed at all like he was planning on jumping fences, or didn't want to be seen. no visible weapons on him for the footage where he can be seen walking around. fwiw he seems to be a bald white male in his late 40s to early 60s.

we have a couple more people who may have additional footage, then we will be contacting police with this additional information.

i had been trying to rationalize that he was just super high and confused. this new evidence eliminates that narrative. but still leaves a lot unanswered, and when the brain has room to wander it usually finds itself in dark places where it doesn't belong.
We had a serial Peeping Tom in our neighborhood 10+ yrs ago, thankfully before we had kids. He visited the neighbors across the street a few times, peering into their kid's window at least once. One night, my wife looked up from the kitchen sink and there he was outside our house. The flood lights stayed on all night for a while after that. It's still creepy to think about.

This guy gradually escalated his encounters. When he was finally caught, he had entered a residence and grabbed a knife from the kitchen, though thankfully he had not physically attacked anyone. Stay vigilant.

We had a serial Peeping Tom in our neighborhood 10+ yrs ago, thankfully before we had kids. He visited the neighbors across the street a few times, peering into their kid's window at least once. One night, my wife looked up from the kitchen sink and there he was outside our house. The flood lights stayed on all night for a while after that. It's still creepy to think about.

This guy gradually escalated his encounters. When he was finally caught, he had entered a residence and grabbed a knife from the kitchen, though thankfully he had not physically attacked anyone. Stay vigilant.

this is where the mind goes, unfortunately. i'm trying to talk myself into it NOT being something like this. i just want this sh1stain caught.

Way back when I had someone break and climb thru the window in our attached garage one night. Luckily me and my dog are both light sleepers. Bad news for him, he didn't enjoy being in the garage with my 109 lb. Black Chow. 😎

I played a lot of sports growing up. I used to coach 15, 16 and 17U travel basketball. My BIGGEST pet peeve when I played team sports and when I coached team sports....was lack of effort. lack of effort is inexcusable to me. There is nothing I hate worse than lack of effort. I'd rather deal with a dozen helicopter parents than 1 lazy player. I just found out that the laziest player on my favorite CBB team is coming back for his extra (6th) year. That's the year the NCAA gave players for the COVID situation. This guy is a guard and he cannot guard a lawn chair. The worst defensive effort I've ever seen from a starting player. It drives me nuts and I hate the head coach for it, because he rewards that lack of effort with 30 minutes a game and a starting role. A pox on both of them! I refuse to watch that team play. I'm done with them.
That's it. That's my rant.

Last edited:
this is where the mind goes, unfortunately. i'm trying to talk myself into it NOT being something like this. i just want this sh1stain caught.
Get a 2 of these alarm sensor around back.
lights up and sends you warning inside.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Metal and/or fiberglass splinters stink!

Tell me about it! Years ago I, and 2 buddies, paid a primo price to play a local country club. There used to be an LPGA tourney held there, we'd go out to watch, and fell in love with the course. On one hole I hit into a bunker in front of the green. It was a wide but shallow bunker. I hit the ball out and grabbed the rake one handed, and kind of "hiked" it up in my hand for some leverage since I only had about 6' of footprints to rake. I drove several fiberglass splinters into my fingers! I made a note of it and made sure to inform the man behind the pro shop counter about it.

When I showed him my hand he said, "Oh! You're going to want to get those out of there1" No ****, Sherlock!! The handle of that rake looked like a frayed rope! No excuse for stuff like that being on a course that is one of the most expensive in the area!

And yes, it hurt like hell digging those splinters out! And I had to pray that I hadn't left a little fiber in there to get infected, but it all turned out alright.

Rant time...

Today was supposed to be golf after work day. I slept funny and now the left side of my back is completely spasming every time I breathe deep, stand up, sit back down, even reach for a cup of coffee.

There will be no golf today, can't hold a cup of coffee let alone swing a golf club. :sick:

Sitting here contemplating just leaving my keys on my desk, walking out the door, and going home!

With less vehicles on the road due to stay-at-home order the stunt/racer drivers are back. I witnessed several vehicles doing the three and four lane slalom to get thru traffic. I also had numerous vehicles go by me like I was standing still. If I had been able to make out the plate on one of them I would have called 911 to report it, but he went by so quick and had one of those tinted covers on the plate so no chance.

Tell you what, if you want to drive like Jason Statham in Transporter, go out and do it at 3:00 in the morning while the rest of us are asleep. Give them a chance to have it cleaned up by the time we need to go to work.

5 weeks ago I shipped some trade-in clubs to Callaway. 4 weeks ago two of the 3 packages arrived at Callaway. So last week I called customer service to find out the status of the trade-in. Was told they were waiting on the third package before they could finish the trade. I called again on Monday when I got an email stating the trade-in was complete.

Except it didn't have my set of Cf19s included and two other clubs. So I was told that the third package showed it was at an UPS warehouse in Austin,TX and that was the last of the tracking. As I tried to explain that it has been a month since the other two were delivered that it was obvious to me that UPS had lost the other package. So he transferred me to his Supervisor and I only able to leave a message with him but have not heard from him yet.

Frustrating, as UPS tells me it's up to Callaway since it was their shipping label. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon. At least before my credit card statement comes. and I have to pay more interest on them. Considering they have had the clubs for a month now.

Last edited:
Just this:

B200101F-C43B-4C2D-841D-AB42E41F26F5.jpeg
And this
9D3ECFD5-E116-4D03-9531-899E0DA6D4F3.jpeg

this murder of crows grew into an 8 some before and after a talking to by the “ranger”.

Apparently the stomach bug was/has been going around at my sons school this past week and it hit me Monday night around midnight, finally feel like i have energy and back to normal today. First it was me, then 24 hours later it was my son, last night it was my daughter. I'm glad this is past now!

I'm pretty sure a bum stole my golf ball. Hit a drive about 250-260 on a par 4. My partner skanks his tee shot over by the women's tee. As we are looking for his ball, I see this dude scurry out from the woods near the adjacent parking lot...and he steals my ball! WTF??? Why?

Rant, lament... whatever. I think the U.S. is over (at least any version of the U.S. I'd care to live in). My short term escape is Mexico. Longer term, I'm looking at Europe or Asia; but really, will they be faring any better when a) the next pandemic comes (and it will; "gain-of-function" virus manipulation will guarantee it), and/or b) financial armageddon comes to pass (after hyperinflation devalues any savings of course)?

Not looking for a political debate, but would be interested in what others think and if they have their own escape plans.

Rant, lament... whatever. I think the U.S. is over (at least any version of the U.S. I'd care to live in). My short term escape is Mexico. Longer term, I'm looking at Europe or Asia; but really, will they be faring any better when a) the next pandemic comes (and it will; "gain-of-function" virus manipulation will guarantee it), and/or b) financial armageddon comes to pass (after hyperinflation devalues any savings of course)?

Not looking for a political debate, but would be interested in what others think and if they have their own escape plans.
Man - I can't join that discussion without going down some rabbit holes that aren't allowed on THP, but I'll just say my heart is 100% with you and I've had some of the same thoughts and ponders.

Suffice to say life is difficult right now for everybody. Tensions are high, confidence is down. The grass, however is not always greener on the other side. Things will get better, but it is going to take time. It's not going to be "normal" be we will adapt and overcome.

They offshored my team, and now on month end our busiest days they have extra help and can't handle the work load. They can't handle the regular work load either and are now taking a week to respond to things that are same day SLA. I am not being bombarded with emails and messanger messages about everything that needs to be completed in the next 2 hours with things dating back to Tuesday. I understand companies need to make money but this is how you lose all good talent, because I am about 3 seconds away from logging off and telling them my internet crashed and they can figure it out themselves.

Back