@5150 @Qwkz51 @-CJ- @tucsoncacti @mainefootwedge

Just a head's for our society, apparrently I can only add 55 events before we have to restart the season....so we have like 3-4 more events in this season and then I have to clear it out.

No biggie, just giving a head's.

I plan to do what I've been doing -- 2 day events, 2 rounds each

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just a head's for our society, apparrently I can only add 55 events before we have to restart the season....so we have like 3-4 more events in this season and then I have to clear it out.

The current event is a really cool course, has a distinct Augusta look and feel to it. It does not have the ridiculous greens, but the layout is excellent.

Yes....come join us. THP Cup.

Sent a request last night.
I don't get on all the time, but when I do I'll check out the tourny

Played some Divot Derby last night. That was fun, I enjoyed it. It's nice to not have to commit to an entire round if you don't want to and it's an interesting format. If you haven't tried it, you should check it out.
I haven't played in awhile and just got the update on my PC. Divot Derby is a lot of fun. It gets pretty nerve-racking the further you go. Top 4 is the best I have done.

Thank you for setting it up and maintaining it. So much better than playing the myTour with the same courses. I really like all the crazy and difficult courses you choose. My kid loved the crazy par 6 course.

Thank you for setting it up and maintaining it. So much better than playing the myTour with the same courses. I really like all the crazy and difficult courses you choose. My kid loved the crazy par 6 course.
Thanks... I've noticed the # of entrants for recent events has been declining, so I'm curious whether its because people are busy or whether the interest in the game is starting to die out.

I'm open for suggestions for the "new" season....1 round events? adjusted settings? something else?

Thanks... I've noticed the # of entrants for recent events has been declining, so I'm curious whether its because people are busy or whether the interest in the game is starting to die out.

I'm open for suggestions for the "new" season....1 round events? adjusted settings? something else?

I enjoy the courses and the banter, schedule permitting.

I suppose I’d be a bit more engaged if it was more competitive rather than losing by 10+ strokes every round, haha. That’s on me to play better, but I guess I’m not up for doing the work to dial it in as much as you have @stevie-a.

Real Life Golf Season has started!!! I have less time to play at the moment because of planting season and now being able to golf again.

I suppose I’d be a bit more engaged if it was more competitive rather than losing by 10+ strokes every round, haha. That’s on me to play better, but I guess I’m not up for doing the work to dial it in as much as you have @stevie-a.

Try playing the official 2k21 league. It has downswing timing on, no put preview and I am getting spanked by 20 strokes somehow?

wonder if the league can adjust per handicap in the league?

Real Life Golf Season has started!!! I have less time to play at the moment because of planting season and now being able to golf again.

Yeah, that's a big piece of it for me too. Playing way more real golf than Xbox now that the sun is out.

Try playing the official 2k21 league. It has downswing timing on, no put preview and I am getting spanked by 20 strokes somehow?

wonder if the league can adjust per handicap in the league?

I gave that a shot as well. THP cup is the only time I have downswing timing off; I keep it on any other round I play. Feels more like real golf to me <shrug>.

I'm not complaining - just musing on why I'm not more engaged in the society, that's all.

All good....and like you 2, I'm getting sidetracked with real golf and great weather outside.

I will look around in our settings options to see if the playing field can be leveled out a bit. My concern with adding the downswing meter is that it requires that you invest some time in the game...otherwise you get run over.

Maybe I'll stretch events to run for 3-4 days (currently I've been using 2) and will look at the handicap function. Birdies may be bogeys...lol

All good....and like you 2, I'm getting sidetracked with real golf and great weather outside.

I will look around in our settings options to see if the playing field can be leveled out a bit. My concern with adding the downswing meter is that it requires that you invest some time in the game...otherwise you get run over.

Maybe I'll stretch events to run for 3-4 days (currently I've been using 2) and will look at the handicap function. Birdies may be bogeys...lol

To be clear I'm not advocating for the downswing meter here.

Got my 3rd hole in one on the harbor side course!

That course was narrow off the tee. Fun.

Soooo....I just made a bogey on a par 4...yet only took 4 shots....??

See the screenshot, making stroke 3 "FOR PAR" (see upper left corner...)

Please 2k...don't tell me you have jacked the game up....

Edit....apparently handicap must be on for the new season. Just made a birdie putt that counted as a par.

Ugh.....

5724a0c368fadacd4a8d7a8c42967d6e.jpg

Last edited:
Soooo....I just made a bogey on a par 4...yet only took 4 shots....??

See the screenshot, making stroke 3 "FOR PAR" (see upper left corner...)

Please 2k...don't tell me you have jacked the game up....

Edit....apparently handicap must be on for the new season. Just made a birdie putt that counted as a par.

Ugh.....

5724a0c368fadacd4a8d7a8c42967d6e.jpg

Functioning as designed ;)

Functioning as designed ;)
Yes.....but.....I shot like -12 for 1st round and netted a -2....hahaha.

I think I'll need to do some HEAVY sandbagging to compete. Hell, when I have a 25 foot birdie putt that counts as a par, I'm at a major disadvantage. Hahaha

Yes.....but.....I shot like -12 for 1st round and netted a -2....hahaha.

I think I'll need to do some HEAVY sandbagging to compete. Hell, when I have a 25 foot birdie putt that counts as a par, I'm at a major disadvantage. Hahaha

We had a similar deal in a society I set up late last year.

Several of the guys wanted downswing timing AND handicaps on in the society... there was one guy who always played with timing OFF and was, like, a +40 or something. He was super pissed when his birdies showed up as pars. I'm like well... that's how handicapping works... if you want to bring it down, turn on the timing for all your other rounds...

We had a similar deal in a society I set up late last year.

Several of the guys wanted downswing timing AND handicaps on in the society... there was one guy who always played with timing OFF and was, like, a +40 or something. He was super pissed when his birdies showed up as pars. I'm like well... that's how handicapping works... if you want to bring it down, turn on the timing for all your other rounds...
Yep....that is what I am getting burned with now. The only time I play the game is in our society, so I'm like +80 or more.

I like the downswing mode being on, I just don't play it enough anymore.

Yep....that is what I am getting burned with now. The only time I play the game is in our society, so I'm like +80 or more.

I like the downswing mode being on, I just don't play it enough anymore.

I don’t either; it’s a winter game for me.

I figured it was the handicap system after the first round. Totally confused me at first and rebooted the Xbox because it thought it was broken.

this should make it more competitive for those shooting over par.

the most recent course was crazy glitchy with all the tree movement and waterfalls

I figured it was the handicap system after the first round. Totally confused me at first and rebooted the Xbox because it thought it was broken.

the most recent course was crazy glitchy with all the tree movement and waterfalls
I'm not 100% sold its the "answer" to make things more competitive....and honestly, it was turned on by accident.

I'm going to check our options to see if there is a hybrid option, as I want everyone to have a chance to compete/win.

New here and just found this thread, going to check out the society, thanks! (y)

New here and just found this thread, going to check out the society, thanks! (y)
Welcome. If you have xbox search for THP Cup. No cross play tho...so if you have ps4 or 5 then you'll have to ask for their society

Ok....so you were talking about the current event course, Saw Mill Sally.

Ummmm, yeah, the clipping it really bad on the greens. The power meter is basically bouncing all over the screen. Cool course, but that is a deal killer.

I shot -1 for round 1 too...and would have been like -6 or more if the clipping gameplay didn't happen.

Enjoyed the Jurassic course. It was fun and easy without being TOO easy. Greens had some nice subtle stuff going on.

Back