Three Minute Thursday: Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi

I have these in my 5 & 6 iron slots. When I hit them well, they are great. Good distance, nice baby draw. Used the 6 to bend a shot around the corner of a left hand dogleg one time, on purpose. Best shot of my round that day.

Interesting of note, we had the Nippon GOST shaft in. This one and it impressed as well.
For the video, which shaft brand/model was used ? I checked out Mizuno's web site and did not see any information about stock shaft (s) for the JPX Fli-Hi. so maybe there aren't any ?

@DG_1234 see above

i'm in love with the stz fairway, and it seems like this hybrid is similar. maybe a little deeper-faced, and without any left bias? that sounds kinda awesome. i'm having a lot of fun with my current 4h, but the eye tends to wander.

I could see gaming one of these in the 4I spot. I like the idea of a pure iron replacement in that spot.

I see JB wrote Nippon shaft however at Mizuno's web site I did not find any information about a stock shaft , or any Nippon shafts listed as a custom option for the Fli-Hi.

I have these in the 4 and 5. Definitely fit the roll of an iron replacement more than my previous hybrids. Having the same shafts as my irons also helps with the feel of swinging a traditional iron for me.

Thanks for doing this an excellent write up. This summer when I get fit for new irons I will be looking and the jpx fli-hi 4 and most likely the 3. I currently have a jpx-ex 3 hybrid with the fukikura HY shaft that I love and a callaway big bertha 4 hybrid that i don't like. The Callaway just has a different face angle at address that bugs me. I looked at the jpx fli-hi and callaway maverick in GG and that face angle difference is still there.

Just tried one today and it's a dream compared to how my 4 iron has been (not) serving me the last 2 years. Really easy to hit well and straight

James, was there anything in this you didn't care for, or thought Mizuno could improve on? I know it has a pretty cult like following since they're absurdly easy to hit, but these have never once flown across my radar have ever been even mentioned in the fitting conversations, sadly. For a glued option, it seems like it should get more love than it does?

There has been plenty of discussion around the irons and even the metal woods from the latest Mizuno release. The JPX Fli-Hi has fallen slightly under the radar, is often a cult like phenomenon for those that play it, so we wanted to do a bit more testing.

In this episode of Three Minute Thursday, we hop into the THP Tech Studio hitting bay with the Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi and take some swings and then breakdown the data. And yes, once again, we went over the three minutes allotted for this segment.

Ranging from 4 (20 degrees) to 7 (29 degrees) there is something to be said for this iron replacement.

After watching the above, how do you think the Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi would fit into your bag? How high of a loft could you play a hybrid?

For more information on this or any of the new Mizuno equipment, check out their website here.

Continue reading...

This was living in my head today so I wanted to bump it. I’m hard pondering putting away the utility iron for one of these to gap between my 5w and 5i.

James, was there anything in this you didn't care for, or thought Mizuno could improve on? I know it has a pretty cult like following since they're absurdly easy to hit, but these have never once flown across my radar have ever been even mentioned in the fitting conversations, sadly. For a glued option, it seems like it should get more love than it does?
Talk about a late reply, I’m so sorry brother!

I think this is the iteration that they actually got it MOST correct if I’m being honest. The spin it can generate for a hybrid is pretty shocking to the senses given most hybrids out there now are just ultra low spin. This one has a great look with less want to go left bias and offset to it, but plays just like an iron. It’s wild how quiet it’s been.

4….or 5….. :unsure:

If ya read my reply on the 1st page…..The 4 FH will remain in bag. Got my mental issue lol figured out. Now it’s got me thinking of maybe trying one to possibly replace my 5I

Hunting a 5 pretty hard right now. My 921 Forged are 1 weak so it would actually gap well between my 5i and 5w. But finding one is a B.

5 Fli Hi acquired.

Putting a GD ADDI 105x into it :love:

My wife has become super comfy with her 4-5-6 Fli-Hi LIR. Now anything 170 yards in is a ball being played at the green.

Parts should be here by weeks end. I’m hoping this fills the gap I want it to in the bag, and adds a little tee and turf versatility over my utility right now.

95C09A82-1726-4A1B-BD5B-93BB7861B474.jpegBAA99925-A54A-4AE0-BF47-A90D29522CC0.jpeg

They don’t make a 3hybrid? :mad:

They don’t make a 3hybrid? :mad:
They do, in the CLK. This one is focused on being an iron replacement at the lofts most golfers need it, especially since these actually spin a little bit.

Most people looking at these would have a 5w in the bag rather than a 17.0 hybrid.

Thanks @Jman i might have to investigate the 5w one of these days

It is…..astounding. I didn’t think anything would touch these SIM 5w, but this one surpasses it.

Mizuno 5 wd with stock Motore F3 (for me). Getting accustomed to it and great overall stick - feel, look, spin, distance, forgiveness, adjustment. Is that all the bases?

And I think I’ve built something pretty fun with this combo….

B2B8973D-DB5D-43BA-8088-19D297FE76D1.jpegD23B8738-E370-44FC-B8E3-3D970AAE9E86.jpeg

With where my swing is it’s a lot more consistent than my beloved utility irons, but it’s got such a solid and dense/crisp feel to it that it’s ultra pleasing for me. It’s on the larger side for a hybrid as far as what I usually prefer, but that size makes it more impressive that it spins like

That looks like fun! The club was so easy to hit

Back