TaylorMade Staff Putters - The Morgan Cup

Overnight shipping FTW!
Wow, you got that back quickly. Kudos to Taylormade for the fast turnaround!

What are the specs you requested?

Did you get to keep the bad stamper or have to send it back?

Congrats on getting the corrected putter Ary!!

TC - In the spirit of Cinco De Mayo, the Ghost Putters are "Putters de Fantasma"

Nice turnaround! That is insane! Love that putter bro. Sounds like we all are really getting some good time in with these. Great to hear!

WOW, great job TaylorMade that is crazy fast turnaround! After playing 18 today with my new Fontana, I have to say I learned a lot about my putting. This putter is putting everything right online every time and its shown me two things. One, I must have been putting some side spin on my putts before and I overcompensated the lines that I saw based on how my ball rolled. Two, I'm not as good at reading greens as I thought. I'm still getting used to the way the ball comes off the face of the putter because it is just rolling further and truer, but I was scaring the hole all day from outside of 10 feet and even made a few. Inside of 10 feet I just knew I was going to make the putt I was so confident with the putter. I didn't make them all, but I felt like I was going to make every one.

Why are you all so surprised Ary received his new putter so quickly? He is a TM staffer after all. :)

Wow, you got that back quickly. Kudos to Taylormade for the fast turnaround!

What are the specs you requested?

Did you get to keep the bad stamper or have to send it back?

Specs on my Corza Ghost: 35 inches, 1 degree more loft than standard, 2 degrees flatter on the lie angle than standard, and a little more head weight than standard. I didn't specify the amount, I probably should have done that. I also have the white tour-only grip on there.

The putter with the mistake will be donated to charity.

WOW, great job TaylorMade that is crazy fast turnaround! After playing 18 today with my new Fontana, I have to say I learned a lot about my putting. This putter is putting everything right online every time and its shown me two things. One, I must have been putting some side spin on my putts before and I overcompensated the lines that I saw based on how my ball rolled. Two, I'm not as good at reading greens as I thought. I'm still getting used to the way the ball comes off the face of the putter because it is just rolling further and truer, but I was scaring the hole all day from outside of 10 feet and even made a few. Inside of 10 feet I just knew I was going to make the putt I was so confident with the putter. I didn't make them all, but I felt like I was going to make every one.

nice! I stopped at GG today and rolled that putter a few times. I really liked it a lot. I loved the way it looked and I thought the pure roll insert felt great.

Specs on my Corza Ghost: 35 inches, 1 degree more loft than standard, 2 degrees flatter on the lie angle than standard, and a little more head weight than standard. I didn't specify the amount, I probably should have done that. I also have the white tour-only grip on there.

Good deal on all accounts. How's it look to you with all of your specs in place...I know you've hit a couple on the carpet :)

Isn't that white grip awesome.

Good deal on all accounts. How's it look to you with all of your specs in place...I know you've hit a couple on the carpet :)

Isn't that white grip awesome.

Man, I didn't hit a few on the carpet...I went straight out to the driving range where I practice so I could put it through the paces out there. It took me a little while to adjust to the head weight. I've also recently had the bad habit of decelerating on my short putts recently, and not hitting them well at all. So I worked a bunch on 5-footers, and figured out that with this putter, if I just take a short backswing and then accelerate through the ball, the ball is pretty much going to go on the line that I'm aiming. I actually hit 12 straight 5-footers at one point, which is pretty good for me. I'm going to take my older Corza Ghost out there one day to figure out if there is a different feel between the insert in that putter and the PureRoll insert in this year's model.

Man, I didn't hit a few on the carpet...I went straight out to the driving range where I practice so I could put it through the paces out there. It took me a little while to adjust to the head weight. I've also recently had the bad habit of decelerating on my short putts recently, and not hitting them well at all. So I worked a bunch on 5-footers, and figured out that with this putter, if I just take a short backswing and then accelerate through the ball, the ball is pretty much going to go on the line that I'm aiming. I actually hit 12 straight 5-footers at one point, which is pretty good for me. I'm going to take my older Corza Ghost out there one day to figure out if there is a different feel between the insert in that putter and the PureRoll insert in this year's model.

My man, better than expected. I couldn't wait to get to the course either! Looking forward to hearing how you get used to it.

Nicely done, the charity will be very happy!

Ary, that is awesome that TaylorMade was able to get you a new putter that fast! Kudos for donating the other one to charity.

CB...I'm happy you are liking the EST 79 putter you received. I am really loving the new insert as well and just got back from a pretty good practice session with mine.

My man, better than expected. I couldn't wait to get to the course either! Looking forward to hearing how you get used to it.

First round with the new putter is tomorrow, I'm playing a muni that I haven't played before. It should be interesting, going to play the tips which are 6554 yards, hoping that I can hit the ball well and give myself lots of birdie putts.

First round with the new putter is tomorrow, I'm playing a muni that I haven't played before. It should be interesting, going to play the tips which are 6554 yards, hoping that I can hit the ball well and give myself lots of birdie putts.

Hit 'em well!

Made two 25'-30' birdies putts today. I'm loving the Ghost from long range. Cozied a couple other longish putts up to a couple inches, too. Struggled on a couple/three from 3'-6' though. Same problem as always. Pulling or decelerating and watching them fade off. That's me, not the putter, and I know what needs to be done.

But this thing is money from distance. Our greens are getting pretty slick and you just send them on their way.

Kevin

Made two 25'-30' birdies putts today. I'm loving the Ghost from long range. Cozied a couple other longish putts up to a couple inches, too. Struggled on a couple/three from 3'-6' though. Same problem as always. Pulling or decelerating and watching them fade off. That's me, not the putter, and I know what needs to be done.

But this thing is money from distance. Our greens are getting pretty slick and you just send them on their way.

Kevin

I'm still getting used to the lag putts and I'm real comfortable over the short ones. I haven't drained anything over 10', it's just a matter of time and practice.

What do you think of the headcover? I love it, especially the magnetic closure and maybe it just has a lot to do with having a Velcro closure for the past year.

Holy wow flipper, that was quick! Now that's service.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I'm still getting used to the lag putts and I'm real comfortable over the short ones. I haven't drained anything over 10', it's just a matter of time and practice.

What do you think of the headcover? I love it, especially the magnetic closure and maybe it just has a lot to do with having a Velcro closure for the past year.

We need to find the middle ground. LOL. Are you long, short, or both with the lag putts? I swear I've never been able to hold a putter so gently for long putts and just let it do the work. I actually may be a little too gentle with it on the short ones, and should maybe start banging them into the back of the cup.

I love the headcover except for its bounciness. If you toss it on the cart seat it's luxurious heaviness makes it bounce crazily. Are you treating yours very carefully? I'm taking it off if I carry it to a chip shot because it got a little grass mark on it when I set it down. It's so nice I want to keep it clean.

Kevin

I take it on and off with every shot and leave it on the bag. I'm careful with it, but let's face it, it's white, it's gonna get dirty.

My distance is ok, running long, but that gives me a chance to make it as well. My reads are off, I need to get sharper on those.

If you try to jam it and you miss it, you might have a longer comebacker. On the shorter ones I try to take the break out of it with more speed and looking about 12-18" past the hole as a distance gauge. You'll find your way with shorter ones!

Short putting has been a drawback for years. I'm going to bear down this year and get that figured out. The way the Corza is rolling the long ones in there that will take some nemesis length putts out of the equation, but it's those up and downers for par from 3'-6' that need to be close to automatic.

Kevin

i had some awesome lag putts today. dropped a couple of 8-10 footers for pars. one was a bogey. But im really impressed with my lags. Only one round with it - but i was dead close straight out of the gate. Closer than the seemore and better than the method on the 3-5 footers.

should be a fun summer!

The Ghost saved my bacon a couple times today. Had an 81 with 31 putts.

Kevin

Spent a great deal of time working on putts outside of 10'. The transition from no insert to insert putter seems to be the answer. Feeling a lot better about all aspects of putting with the Corza Ghost. I'm falling in love with it all over again.

I posted in the "what did you shoot" thread about my round yesterday, but I had a nice day in my first round with my new Corza Ghost. I had 33 putts, but I left myself with a lot of long putts because my ball striking was awful. However, I did make 2 or 3 putts in the 10-15 foot range, which was better than normal, and also had some good 2-putt saves where the second putt was in the 3-5 foot range. My playing partners commented more than once that I was putting well, which was nice. I had some really good lag putts, but I still need to work on my speed control on downhill putts, I'm sure that will improve with time.

Back