Wedge ? CG15 or Spin Milled

robmc826

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm Looking to replace my 58 degree wedge. I am looking at either the cg15 or the Vokey spin milled. I Really like the look of the vokey. I love the fact that it already comes with a c type grind. But the cg15 has gotten really great reviews. Does anyone have any opinion??

Thanks,
Rob

Both are great wedges, you cant get wrong with either.

I'm Looking to replace my 58 degree wedge. I am looking at either the cg15 or the Vokey spin milled. I Really like the look of the vokey. I love the fact that it already comes with a c type grind. But the cg15 has gotten really great reviews. Does anyone have any opinion??

Thanks,
Rob

I replaced my Vokeys with Clevelands and have not looked back. I prefer the fact that they are not quite as head heavy feeling to me. Feel slightly softer as well. But you cannot go wrong with either one.

JB,
What about the cg15 made it stand out so much from the vokey. How would you say the grind is compared to the vokey. I thought I read somewhere that Cleveland changed the shape of the head a little bit. from what you can tell is that true.

Thanks,
Rob

The shape has gone back to that of the old 588s. I preferred the feel of these wedges more than my Vokeys and I also preferred the overall weight balance of them.

i too looked at the vokey and the cg15 - went with the cg - seemed to have a more solid feel to me. just an opinion though - that vokey face was sweet looking

I'm in the same boat trying to decide. Issue i'm having is very hard to find a 60 with 12 bounce in the vokey. I really like the vokey look the Cg15's are much larger in face sort of like a spatula. They do have a nice feel to them I'll admit.

I'm trying for a 54 14 and 60 12 to take out a wedge and and a hybrid. Now have 52 56 and 60 but playing 8 bounce on on 60 and 52 and just digging too much causing problems.

Thoughts

I'm in the same boat trying to decide. Issue i'm having is very hard to find a 60 with 12 bounce in the vokey. I really like the vokey look the Cg15's are much larger in face sort of like a spatula. They do have a nice feel to them I'll admit.

I'm trying for a 54 14 and 60 12 to take out a wedge and and a hybrid. Now have 52 56 and 60 but playing 8 bounce on on 60 and 52 and just digging too much causing problems.

Thoughts

Can you elaborate on that a little? I'm holding both wedges and they both appear to have the same size face to me. Here is a bad picture. Heck they have a really similar shape too. Not sure I see the larger face at all here.

Personally I have not hit the spin milled Vokeys, but I have played the CG 14, 15 and 16's. Of those three I would make my next purchase the older CG14's. I really love the shape and feel. Actually, the next wedge I get will likely be a new Jaws with spinner shaft, but thats a whole different story.

I have to echo others, both are great, you really can't go wrong. Although I've never tried the CG15, I really liked my CG14's and played them very well. I only tried out the Spin Milled Vokeys out of curiosity. Although I prefer the Vokeys, it's due more to feel than even performance. I don't notice myself to be any more precise with the Vokeys, but I do feel better over the ball and more confident in the sand.

I replaced my Vokeys with Clevelands and have not looked back. I prefer the fact that they are not quite as head heavy feeling to me. Feel slightly softer as well. But you cannot go wrong with either one.

Another highlight to different strokes for different folks... I went from Clevelands to Vokeys this year for precisely the heavier feeling. Good thing there's so much variety out there for all of us! :wink:

I have both and I love my cleveland.

Thanks,
Rob

Vokey Wedges are awesome. They have the biggest selection of bounce to loft combos and within that massive selection they offer 3 different finishes and 2 different grinds. No other company comes close to that. In golf digest and on youtube you can see countless amounts of tour players who are on staff with someone beside titleist and they will have a vokey lob or sand wedge in the bag. Im not a big fan of clevelands strictly because of the leading edge on their wedges and they're not as soft as vokeys (in my opinion). Both are in the top 3 wedges on the market today. But vokey is better in my eyes, hands down.

As stated both are great... I love my Vokey's though.

I'm a Vokey man! :D
Used to be all Cleveland until I hit a full shot with the Vokey's.
Full swing I'm a huge Vokey supporter. Both are great clubs though.

I was all Cleveland about a year ago but have recently swapped my CG14 52 with a Ping Tour S and about to swap my 60 for a Mizuno MP-11. Both wedges to consider

I'll photo mine up but when I look down the the top of cg15 is more rounded and larger looking to me. We place clubs on top of each other and cg15 had more surface area.

I'll photo mine up but when I look down the the top of cg15 is more rounded and larger looking to me. We place clubs on top of each other and cg15 had more surface area.

Okay, here is another picture with the wedges on top of each other. I'm trying to see it here.

b8fe972a-bd63-213a.jpg

Vokey here -- I used to be a Cleveland wedge guy until I put a couple Vokey's in the bag a few years back when I needed to update. I don't think you can go wrong with either one -- personally it took me a while to make the switch, but now I am so used to looking down at them it would be hard for me to go back. Both quality wedges.

I used to have a vokey 52* and 56* but recently switched them out to CG15s. The Clevelands feel like they have a lighter swing weight to me and I prefer lighter clubs. I guess the weight of the vokey heads lead to a lot of fat shots for me.

good shot may have been off line a bit it's that top piece thats really rounded on cg 15 where vokey is a bit more clean cut. Does look same but in person really looks bigger to me.

Did not have a good first experience with cg15 today. Don't know if weight was different or what. Really had a tough time out of sand shots carried further and did not see the spin everyone talking about. I don't suck back vokey's either more of a check or stop. Not saying bad club but definitely very different from vokey weight and balance.

I've never played a CG15 but I went from 588's to Vokeys SM's a couple of years ago. Loved the 588's and love the Vokey's more. You can't go wrong with either Clevelanad or Titleist wedges. My opinion doesn't mean squat... it's all about how they look, feel and perform to/for you

Back