Nike VR Pro Wedges

I really like the looks of this wedge! I would love to see it in oil can.

They're not available in oil can, but they're also available in "black oxide raw" that will rust over time.

vr_pro_wedge_blk_bty-rgb.jpg

They're not available in oil can, but they're also available in "black oxide raw" that will rust over time.

vr_pro_wedge_blk_bty-rgb.jpg

they look so awesome in person.

Really like the look of these wedges.

Any update on these JB?

I'm specifically interested to know how much they chew balls up... I was using last years version and loved them! I could control the trajectory nicely and had great spin. Unfortunaltely I had to swap back to my old wedges... they were chewing up too many balls and I'm a sweeper...

These will be the next set of wedges that I buy. Had a good look at them today and was impressed by what I saw and how they felt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I am away from my Mac

WOw...those are some sexy wedges. I'm in the market for a new wedge and I'm interested to hear about these. Those groove patterns are very interesting and look like they would be optimal in a lob type wedge.

Any update on these JB?

I'm specifically interested to know how much they chew balls up... I was using last years version and loved them! I could control the trajectory nicely and had great spin. Unfortunaltely I had to swap back to my old wedges... they were chewing up too many balls and I'm a sweeper...

Check the nike demo day thread. I can tell you I like them quite a bit.

Does anyone know how these compare to the VR Forged wedges. I LOVE the VR Forges and have a couple back up sets but these look sweet as well.

I am in full ponder mode. These in black oxide with my DG spinner shafts in Vibrant blue would look insane.

My grooves are pretty dull on the CG15s since I have been playing them for a while now, and wedges need to be replaced and have it narrowed down to these and one other. Just not sure yet.

I am in full ponder mode. These in black oxide with my DG spinner shafts in Vibrant blue would look insane.

My grooves are pretty dull on the CG15s since I have been playing them for a while now, and wedges need to be replaced and have it narrowed down to these and one other. Just not sure yet.

is it down to these and the Ping?

I am going to be in need of some wedges very shortly and these are at the top of the list with the DG spinner shafts in them.

I liked the these better then the Pings too. And damn do they look good.

I am going to be in need of some wedges very shortly and these are at the top of the list with the DG spinner shafts in them.

timmy if you end up getting these with the DG spinners, please come back and let us/me know how they turn out. I'd love to see how these work with the spinners.

I've never liked the looks of Nike wedges until I look at these again. Man they are SUPER classy and classic.

Get out of my head dude, although I am stuck between the red and blue colors. Out of curiousity since your and my top two choices were the same wedge, what seperates the two (VR & 16) for you?

Get out of my head dude, although I am stuck between the red and blue colors. Out of curiousity since your and my top two choices were the same wedge, what seperates the two (VR & 16) for you?

I should preface this by saying that I still love my current wedges, but am just needing something with a little LESS spin because I ahve never used a wedge that spins quite like the CG15s. The new grooves in these and the 16s seem to do the trick and both offered similar feel and performance that I am used to.

Loved the forgiveness of the 16s and hte ball launched a little higher for me with those (although with Spinners it would come down). Also really love the dot system as I know what I use and what works best for me.

For the Nikes, it is all about the look. They look incredible to me and I have been a fan of hte performance of their wedges for a couple of years now. Not at the level of the Clevelands, but close for me. These were the first that played a similar role in terms of performance to the 15s.

I should preface this by saying that I still love my current wedges, but am just needing something with a little LESS spin because I ahve never used a wedge that spins quite like the CG15s. The new grooves in these and the 16s seem to do the trick and both offered similar feel and performance that I am used to.

Loved the forgiveness of the 16s and hte ball launched a little higher for me with those (although with Spinners it would come down). Also really love the dot system as I know what I use and what works best for me.

For the Nikes, it is all about the look. They look incredible to me and I have been a fan of hte performance of their wedges for a couple of years now. Not at the level of the Clevelands, but close for me. These were the first that played a similar role in terms of performance to the 15s.

I had never thought of how neat/simple the Cleveland Dot system is until you pointed that out. At demo day I spent a lot of time between the 16 and VR, in the bunker the 16 worked a tiny bit better (consistent) for me there but out of the bunker the Nike was a clear winner.

Introduce another variable of the KBS or Spinner and I'm really digging hard to make a decision.

Go for it JB!! I made the switch (although I have TT s400 shafts in there, not the spinners) and couldn't be happier.

And like you said, these wedges are really really ridiculously good looking.

I really like the looks of these. Look a lot like the fourteen golf wedge I have with some wicked grooves.

timmy if you end up getting these with the DG spinners, please come back and let us/me know how they turn out. I'd love to see how these work with the spinners.

Will do. I was looking at my 58 and 52 and they are a year old but look beat down and worn. I may need to get them very soon.

Just ordered the 50, 54 & 58 in black to go with the spinners I have.

Gotta get us some pics when your done. They should look awesome!

Are they officially pushing the CG15's out of the bag or is this merely a test to see if they can?

Back