Live Update Thread: The Edel Experience with Club Champion

Tried to read through. Definitely missed a lot while I was in the bay swinging clubs. A lot more information will probably come out of the video, but a few things I do remember:

First few baseline partial swings with my OL Cobra Snakebite 60* were around 37* launch and 7000 spin at -1.4 AoA, carry was around 68yd. Very first swing with the Edel 58* T grind neutral weight, it was 35* launch and 8800 spin. AoA went -4.5, carry distance stayed roughly the same. It was night and day. I had a few swings digging, so we switched to the C grind. Turf interaction was much smoother. Played with the weights a bit, weight in the toe helped left-right dispersion, but the spin came down and wasn't as consistent. Heel side brought the spin back up, but didn't improve over the neutral weight.

The *54 wedge was more of the same. Didn't see a ton of difference between the grinds, but the T was marginally better and will give more versatility around the greens, bunkers, etc. Weight stayed neutral again.

The 50* we ramped up to more of a fuller swing speed. C grind again helped turf interaction and yielded great results. Weight again stayed neutral. May experiment with the weight more on my own with this one. Some shots started leaking right, but I had over 70 shots to this point, so I may have just been getting lazy with my swing. We also tried a lighter Hi-Rev 115 R shaft and it didn't work well at all. Went back to the 120 and life was good again.

All told, if memory serves it was 58-C grind-Neutral, 54-T grind-Neutral, and 50-C grind-Neutral.

More than just the fitting experience, I learned a ton about the process and all the behind the scenes at Club Champion. It was pretty eye-opening how many hands touch one club to get a perfect product out the back door. Brad was thorough and extremely knowledgeable. Made the process simple, even for a high handicapper like myself. I joked a bit that if these wedges can make me look competent, then they can help anyone. End of the day, they flat out perform. The Edel fitting kits are truly unique and the options available are incredible.

Next stop will be dinner, which should be equally as impressive as the club fitting experience.

I saw someone asked if I'll be playing the wedges. Sadly, I'll have to wait for those to be custom built. Then have to wait a little longer because Koske said they have a wizard that can do some pretty sweet stamping.

So... where’s the golf being played tomorrow?

Tried to read through. Definitely missed a lot while I was in the bay swinging clubs. A lot more information will probably come out of the video, but a few things I do remember:

First few baseline partial swings with my OL Cobra Snakebite 60* were around 37* launch and 7000 spin at -1.4 AoA, carry was around 68yd. Very first swing with the Edel 58* T grind neutral weight, it was 35* launch and 8800 spin. AoA went -4.5, carry distance stayed roughly the same. It was night and day. I had a few swings digging, so we switched to the C grind. Turf interaction was much smoother. Played with the weights a bit, weight in the toe helped left-right dispersion, but the spin came down and wasn't as consistent. Heel side brought the spin back up, but didn't improve over the neutral weight.

The *54 wedge was more of the same. Didn't see a ton of difference between the grinds, but the T was marginally better and will give more versatility around the greens, bunkers, etc. Weight stayed neutral again.

The 50* we ramped up to more of a fuller swing speed. C grind again helped turf interaction and yielded great results. Weight again stayed neutral. May experiment with the weight more on my own with this one. Some shots started leaking right, but I had over 70 shots to this point, so I may have just been getting lazy with my swing. We also tried a lighter Hi-Rev 115 R shaft and it didn't work well at all. Went back to the 120 and life was good again.

All told, if memory serves it was 58-C grind-Neutral, 54-T grind-Neutral, and 50-C grind-Neutral.

More than just the fitting experience, I learned a ton about the process and all the behind the scenes at Club Champion. It was pretty eye-opening how many hands touch one club to get a perfect product out the back door. Brad was thorough and extremely knowledgeable. Made the process simple, even for a high handicapper like myself. I joked a bit that if these wedges can make me look competent, then they can help anyone. End of the day, they flat out perform. The Edel fitting kits are truly unique and the options available are incredible.

Next stop will be dinner, which should be equally as impressive as the club fitting experience.

I saw someone asked if I'll be playing the wedges. Sadly, I'll have to wait for those to be custom built. Then have to wait a little longer because Koske said they have a wizard that can do some pretty sweet stamping.
Can’t wait to see those stampings! What part was the most informative or the most ahah moment from the fitting?

Can’t wait to see those stampings! What part was the most informative or the most ahah moment from the fitting?
Honestly, the first swing after changing the weights. Only because you look down and see the exact same club, then you swing it and it's like "what the hell?" The difference in feel is difficult to describe without actually hitting it, but it's instantly noticeable.

How many stock shaft offerings with the fitting cart?

It is going to be painful waiting to get the wedges but they are going to look real nice :love:

Its a place I really enjoy in the area and thought it would be good for this.
Short rib or porterhouse?

Short rib or porterhouse?

Oh man.. short ribs are my favs!!! But in a setting like that with people.. maybe the porterhouse is the smarter choice.. less messy.

Prime rib at Wildfire is dynamite! Bon Appetit

Oh man.. short ribs are my favs!!! But in a setting like that with people.. maybe the porterhouse is the smarter choice.. less messy.
Porterhouse medium rare, au gratin potatoes and roasted asparagus.

Looks like it was an awesome day. Would love to get my hands on one of those wedges to tinker with some but that’s not in the cards right now. I do want to head back to CC one of these days for another fitting. It was such a good experience!

Where are you guys playing tomorrow? I promise I wont bother you...too much!

Great initial breakdown! Unfortunate you can't play the wedges tomorrow but they will for sure be worth the wait! Enjoy dinner tonight with everyone!

Looks like it was an awesome day. Would love to get my hands on one of those wedges to tinker with some but that’s not in the cards right now. I do want to head back to CC one of these days for another fitting. It was such a good experience!
They’re badass.

D8BA0E22-A7D0-48C9-A073-68B0B6093AFC.jpeg

Gonna be fun to see you play these! Watching this for sure

What a day!!!

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Back