The Official Banter Away Thread

We got offered 450k for ours while on vacation. Almost double what we paid. We would jump, but you can’t afford to build and there’s nothing out there to buy! :oops:
Doubled edged sword, fill your eyes with dollar signs, but you can't do anything with the money.

When there was a leftover 6 pack of Hershey bars, was it not expected that I would eat all of them? On a related note, I am now in trouble.
164CCD0D-A8F0-41C8-AA77-163BE727772C.jpeg

Correct answer - go to the range, play 9 holes, come home and have a nap
Because @TheDoctor prescribed it, I got out for 9 holes, practiced, but then skipped the housework and nap.

Man it was a gorgeous day out on the course!

This touches home for a lot of people....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Years ago, I read an essay in a collection of John Gierach. He wrote mainly about fly fishing in the Rockies, and on occasion hunting. He hated golf, basically because he worked for a golf course on the grounds crew. He recounted the time at a cocktail party where he heard 2 women discussing their husbands. One woman said that when they started getting serious, her husband told her "I don't drink, do drugs, fool around, abuse women or engage in criminal behavior. However, I do fly fish!" She said it sounded great at first, but now she wished he did some of the other things rather than fly fish!

I'm sure there are wives out there who feel the same way about golf!

We got offered 450k for ours while on vacation. Almost double what we paid. We would jump, but you can’t afford to build and there’s nothing out there to buy! :oops:
Exact same situation here. Had a real estate agent walk up to my door and offer us two and a half times what we paid for our house almost 20 years ago. I asked her where am I going to go after that? She had no answer.

I can no longer comprehend what is happening with real estate here. Our median home sale price has already breached $700K, and the prices I am seeing for homes around town is blowing up my brain. $1.2 - 1.6M is becoming fairly common for what I consider nice but not over-the-top "middle class" homes. The sales model right now is over asking price and cash, or forget it.

what our neighborhood is getting has increased so much over the last year or so. Since we would be downsizing, my wife and I would probably do fine. However, the whole question is when this bubble is going to burst? My neighbor sold and this year their same house would sell for 50k more. Trying to decide when the market has reached its max is what we are trying to do right now.

As tempting as it is to sell right now, it doesn’t make any sense to do it and then go pay the inflated prices for another house. The only way I’d do it is if we were going to move somewhere where the prices aren’t so ridiculous right now. Thing is, I’m not even sure where that would be, and I probably wouldn’t want to live there anyway.

evening THP. hope you all are doing well.

I feel like it's rained every weekend for 2 months. 😕
I feel ya here in South west misery it’s rained everyday except for 3 days in may, bring on the heat please

Don’t you just hate walking into a spider web?!

Make the 35 min commute to work and get the call 10 min after the come home and bring wife to the hospital.. at least I can avoid the jersey shore traffic lol

Make the 35 min commute to work and get the call 10 min after the come home and bring wife to the hospital.. at least I can avoid the jersey shore traffic lol

Good luck!

Best of luck to you both!

Happy start to the revenue enhancement weekend here in Ohio! 10 mile stretch on 75 and seen 6 state troopers and 2 were pulled over. 🙄

Happy start to the revenue enhancement weekend here in Ohio! 10 mile stretch on 75 and seen 6 state troopers and 2 were pulled over. 🙄
Enjoy the trip to bourbon country

Back