Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

I had a sub 9 AM teatime this morning, and the grass was pretty damp. The cart rolled through the wet grass just fine. My only complaint was on the second hole, where I just did not hit a good shot, but my elbow somehow grased the button after my follow through. The cart was behind me, which I learned very quickly was a giant mistake. The cart plowed into my left leg as I turned to look at what I was hearing, and it scraped it up pretty decently. I learned very quickly, do not put the remote on your bell buckle under any circumstance. I damn near ran myself over with my own pushcart.

I also learned that in manual mode, it is very easy to drive and likely keep an umbrella under my head. There is a strong chance I roll with that in the next several testings so that I don’t feel like I am dying in the Florida heat and humidity.

What hurts worse, this thing to the ankle or a putter to the ankle?

Was talking about this to a few friends this weekend! Had four tee times and walked three of them. I was really wishing I had something like this to take some stress off lol Love this thread and can't wait to keep reading about it!

I had a sub 9 AM teatime this morning, and the grass was pretty damp. The cart rolled through the wet grass just fine. My only complaint was on the second hole, where I just did not hit a good shot, but my elbow somehow grased the button after my follow through. The cart was behind me, which I learned very quickly was a giant mistake. The cart plowed into my left leg as I turned to look at what I was hearing, and it scraped it up pretty decently. I learned very quickly, do not put the remote on your bell buckle under any circumstance. I damn near ran myself over with my own pushcart.

I also learned that in manual mode, it is very easy to drive and likely keep an umbrella under my head. There is a strong chance I roll with that in the next several testings so that I don’t feel like I am dying in the Florida heat and humidity.

Random question while thinking about this post. Where do you normally park your push cart when rolling up to hit a shot?

Random question while thinking about this post. Where do you normally park your push cart when rolling up to hit a shot?

To my right side, usually a little behind me. Less chance of running me over, unless I’m just graceful and hit one of the buttons to start it moving 🤦🏻‍♂️

If I'm not on a tee box I like to have it just to the right of the ball inline with it or slightly behind it. If the tee box allows it, that's where I prefer it too.

Anyone else see the cart tilt back and activate that anti-tip wheel? I've have it a few times, the first two times it was really an "Oh please god no" moment. The third time I was like, "this thing is a tank, bring it on"

If I'm not on a tee box I like to have it just to the right of the ball inline with it or slightly behind it. If the tee box allows it, that's where I prefer it too.

my spot is normally to the right of it, although sometimes it will be on the left. I'm not a fan of leaving a cart behind me, and judging by Wardy's experience, that is a good thing lol

Anyone else see the cart tilt back and activate that anti-tip wheel? I've have it a few times, the first two times it was really an "Oh please god no" moment. The third time I was like, "this thing is a tank, bring it on"

First hole, anti tip wheel activated. I like to refer to it as wheelie mode? Cause that’s basically what it does haha

Yes. It's even worse when there is no bag on it when it first starts. With a light bag on it, it's the same way. I tend to have a couple dozen balls in a carry bag with too much weight so it's not as bad.

First hole, anti tip wheel activated. I like to refer to it as wheelie mode? Cause that’s basically what it does haha

yeah pretty much.

Yes. It's even worse when there is no bag on it when it first starts. With a light bag on it, it's the same way. I tend to have a couple dozen balls in a carry bag with too much weight so it's not as bad.

I may switch it up to a cart bag this week to see how it goes. I'll add that I think the base of this handles my Sun Mountain Three5 bag better than the other two carts in my possession.

I placed an 8Lb lead weight in the front lower pocket of my bag and that significantly cuts down on the wheelies.

I placed an 8Lb lead weight in the front lower pocket of my bag and that significantly cuts down on the wheelies.

that makes an extra 8lbs I have to lift out of the car

Great stuff, please keep it coming. I know that these have at least 240 yds (as noted) of range, but what happens when range is maxed out, will the cart quit or start coming back to the control (the latter would be a great feature if it got 'away' from you somehow?

Do they have a sensor to keep them from going in the drink (or a trap) again, if one got away from the user?

Finally, have any of you used them with multiple electric carts in the same group or range? I assume they all would have different frequencies - but each use they would be pair up with a specific remote? Again, I think this was addressed early, but I was looking for actual hands on details.

Great stuff, please keep it coming. I know that these have at least 240 yds (as noted) of range, but what happens when range is maxed out, will the cart quit or start coming back to the control (the latter would be a great feature if it got 'away' from you somehow?

Do they have a sensor to keep them from going in the drink (or a trap) again, if one got away from the user?

Finally, have any of you used them with multiple electric carts in the same group or range? I assume they all would have different frequencies - but each use they would be pair up with a specific remote? Again, I think this was addressed early, but I was looking for actual hands on details.

It just cut out until I walked closer to it, and then it resumed moving. In my case, I just turned it back around and had it come back to me.

It does not have a sensor to know where you are and if a bunker looks like a good idea or not. It’s just best to not drive them close enough to things like water to be an issue.

Since you have to sync up the remote to your cart, I would imagine they don’t interfere with each other.

Yes a number of times. It did when it did it a few times going up slopes. It always does it when stopping after going in reverse, even the first night when I was learning the remote in the garage. It's just like you said...the first couple times I was nervous but now I have faith in the wheelie bar.

Thanks - got all questions answered. But, my comment/question related to water or sand - was not how it relates to the user guiding the cart near those things, more based on the fellow being almost run over by his own cart. If you were not aware your cart was moving, it could end up at the bottom of a pond. I have had 2 types of electric carts the one made by the electric boat motor company (powacaddy?) and the one that follows you. The one that follows can sometimes (from my experience) go on it's own or conversely stop going on it's own. So, that was the reason for my comment, I wonder if that's a planned upgrade (for a M8 version or something, would also work for trees or other people - just some sort of sensor that it's getting too close to 'bad things').

Thanks - got all questions answered. But, my comment/question related to water or sand - was not how it relates to the user guiding the cart near those things, more based on the fellow being almost run over by his own cart. If you were not aware your cart was moving, it could end up at the bottom of a pond. I have had 2 types of electric carts the one made by the electric boat motor company (powacaddy?) and the one that follows you. The one that follows can sometimes (from my experience) go on it's own or conversely stop going on it's own. So, that was the reason for my comment, I wonder if that's a planned upgrade (for a M8 version or something, would also work for trees or other people - just some sort of sensor that it's getting too close to 'bad things').

To my own dumb defense, it was just outside of the radius of my club followthru, or in the event if it somehow slipped out of my hand and hit the turf out of shame for slipping out 😇

I figured out that maybe I shouldn’t put it in a spot where it can be hit by any part of my body. Maybe put it on the back side of my belt instead of my hip, for example. Maybe I shouldn’t have made such a poor swing that the motocaddy felt the need to run me over for such a terrible swipe at the ball.

Just never know, but I know it only went rogue once.

Only @MWard would get run over by his own cart :ROFLMAO:

To my own dumb defense, it was just outside of the radius of my club followthru, or in the event if it somehow slipped out of my hand and hit the turf out of shame for slipping out 😇

I figured out that maybe I shouldn’t put it in a spot where it can be hit by any part of my body. Maybe put it on the back side of my belt instead of my hip, for example. Maybe I shouldn’t have made such a poor swing that the motocaddy felt the need to run me over for such a terrible swipe at the ball.

Just never know, but I know it only went rogue once.
So I always put my power carts in front of me (the side where the front of my body would be) as opposed to at my back or behind me, or of course between me and the target. That said, strange things happen - machines are gonna take over the world - haven't you seen all the movies! Anyway, my point was not so much your accident specifically, but since it happened to you it could (I presume) happen to anyone. And, if that's correct then some sort of safety feature would seem to complete the package. I agree that it's unlikely to be an issue but there are a lot of dopes out there (read Darwin winners).

Back