Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Some really great initial impressions and thoughts, and I still got a few pages to read. Cool to see how it is comparative in size to non electric carts.

I have ti really find the info for how it fits into a trunk or truck bed, that that think is one of the biggest potential deal breakers for something like this, but if people couldn't get it to the course I'm sure it would be widely known.. I guess the question would be how small of a trunk/space can it fit in? Anyone have a small sportcar ti test it out haha

Any jealous ribbing from playing partners, yet? I play with mostly walkers and I know I'd get some jabs early on in the round if I rolled up with one of these, but they'd all be a bunch of haters.

I saw this post the other night and wanted to hold off on it until after my 2nd round with it....

Thursday was league night. We have a mix of walkers and riders, I usually walk, so there was no surprise when those by the tee saw me rolling up. Now I will say, I felt a little out of place and a bit dorky using it at first. Was mostly ready for some jokes headed towards me. But that wasnt the case. In fact during the round I got asked all about it, how I like it, what it costs etc.

Yesterday was with Pete and Alyssa, and they were kind of all for it. Although it took them a bit to get used to a cart just rolling up to their riding cart while I would be strolling up to the green with a putter in hand. Alyssa called it C3PO and Pete said it was Johnny5 haha He suggested the ultimate test would be walking at Bethpage Black with it.

In the lot after the round there was a group of 4 loading up their push carts and they were very much into it.

At first, with my league, I felt like a dink. But the more I used it, the more confident I became in using it and completely embraced it. Love hitting the tee shot and then sending it out full speed while just walking freely off the tee. I know I already mentioned having the bag waiting for you on the next tee before you arrive, it's just fun.

Some really great initial impressions and thoughts, and I still got a few pages to read. Cool to see how it is comparative in size to non electric carts.

I have ti really find the info for how it fits into a trunk or truck bed, that that think is one of the biggest potential deal breakers for something like this, but if people couldn't get it to the course I'm sure it would be widely known.. I guess the question would be how small of a trunk/space can it fit in? Anyone have a small sportcar ti test it out haha

Here it is in my Tacoma. No issues with getting it in or out. I can't imagine if it fits well in here under a tonneau cover that it would have issues in other trucks. With the phone mount on, just need to make sure it's folded down.

EEC6F7A4-A6FC-4655-929B-A68C32C6CD06.jpeg

For the fells testing and whoever else uses an electric cart, what do you do with the remote? I know it's a small question.

Round 1 I left it in my pocket or clipped on my left side. Yesterday I clipped it mostly on my belt or pants just above my back right pocket.

I have these tests planned for today! I have a truck and a car with a small trunk and I will be taking photos of both.

For the fells testing and whoever else uses an electric cart, what do you do with the remote? I know it's a small question.

Round 1 I left it in my pocket or clipped on my left side. Yesterday I clipped it mostly on my belt or pants just above my back right pocket.
It never drove away unexpectedly did it?

Have any of the testers been on a wet course yet or damp conditions where it ran thru a bit of standing water? Did it get thru okay?

That looks awesome. I need one of these in my life!

This is my first remote cart. I plan on treating it just like my regular push cart and leaving the remote on the cart when not using it. I still have to pull clubs from the bag so that’s when I’m getting the remote. It might change a bit when I actually get to use it. First round is scheduled for Monday.

Great stuff @MWard. Are you playing in rain? I don’t quite understand all the mentions of the umbrella being an issue. Or are you using it for shade?

Pure shade. 90 degree heat sucks when you walk, but an umbrella gives you the steady cover

Love the reviews guys. That cart has solid performance.

What to do with the remote. You'll find that sometimes you want to leave it on the cart and sometimes you want to keep it with you depending upon where the next tee is and other such factors.

I once sent it along when it was in my pocket and I forgot to lock it and had bent over to pick up a ball. Well instead of having to lock it and unlock it all day, I attached it to the belt clip that I use for my bird dog's GPS. It has a quick release that attaches to my belt. Now, I can never accidentally hit a button and I don't have to lock and unlock it all day plus no pocket bulk.

Here's a post I made about it with a link to purchase the clip. Since posting, I've attached the clip with a pop rivet but I use it every time I play. It's really convenient.

Well as promised, here are the pics of the clip system I'm piloting. I only got to use my Zip once and I didn't have the clip then. That's when I put it in my pocket and sent it toward the cliff. I use this system with my GPS unit while hunting with my setter. The belt clip is off the rear left hip where it isn't in the way of anything. You just snap the unit into the holder and it secures with a spring loaded catch. You reach down in one motion depressing the thumb release and lifting the unit into your hand. Quick, simple and secure. We'll have to see how it goes in practice but it seems like turning the lock off and on would be distracting. Hanging off the belt, there's no chance of accidentally hitting a button.

2VEN27Y.jpg

MW78alN.jpg

The Garmin clip fits snugly into the groove of the MGI clip and secures with a wrap of tape. If anyone's interested in trying it, here's what you'll need:

I would suggest trying it.

...oh, and as for the haters or feeling like a dork, just trust that it's envy that's driving their eye roll!

Have any of the testers been on a wet course yet or damp conditions where it ran thru a bit of standing water? Did it get thru okay?
No problem for mine, even run it through some puddles of water to clean the wheels. As long as uts not too deep it's fine. The cart is waterproofed and all the motors etc are covered.

Whether your cart is push or electric it's worthless if you can't get it to the golf course. Let's do some trunk testing.

First up is truck. I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT double cab (not the crew cab with larger backseat area). Feel free to look up the specs to compare to your vehicle. I was certain it would fit under the tonneau cover, but could I fit it in the cab if needed?

Under tonneau cover works. Recycling bin is there for size comparison (those are fairly standard sizes, right?). I didn't bother putting a golf bag in too because it will obviously fit.

rear side by side.JPGsize comparison.JPG

I did not need to adjust/remove any accessories to fit in there. I have a 21" clearance height. The M7 height (not with accessories) measures to around 16" height (2nd photo).

21 tonneau cover.JPGmotocaddy just over 16.JPG

If the truck bed is full/dirty but you need to haul the M7 you're in luck. Even on the smaller double cab rear seat the M7 felt stable enough to get to a golf course. It was a little bit of a tight fit getting it in the door, but once I got it past the door I had plenty of room. Hint: turn is sideways through the door.

rear seat.JPGrear seat 2.JPG

Curiosity got the best of me and I tried the passenger side floor as well. Even with the front seat moved back (and taking off the M7 wheelie bar) I could not get it in comfortably and I didn't want to break it trying to squeeze it in. The M7 will need to ride on backseat or in the bed.

front seat 2.JPG

Trunk testing continues! Next up is car. You caught a glimpse of car in my garage obstacle course video. I have a 2014 Cadillac ATS, sedan not coupe. They don't make the ATS anymore, but it's smaller than the CTS. Feel free to look up the specs and which GM cars share the same platform to compare to your vehicle. Of all the vehicles I've ever owned this is the smallest trunk I've had in any of them. I'm not a fan of it. Oh, and with this trim level the rear seats do not fold down...just has a useless ski pass-through.

I'm just going add a bunch of thumbnail photos since I took a bunch of photos. Scroll through them at your leisure. I tried to name each photo as well so you have an idea of what I'm showing. Key talking points are:

- I struggled getting it in the trunk but that was my fault. I had a "duh" moment when I was taking photos with the tape measure and realized I forgot to take off the wheelie bar!! After I took that off it was much easier to take in/out of the trunk.

- I had to remove the device/phone holder to get it in. Another inch and I would have cleared "it"...see the next talking point.

- The photo titled "pain in the..." is me pointing at the specific part of the top trunk lining that got in the way the most. But it was much easier without the wheelie bar attached (again, the duh moment for me).

- even without the wheelie bar I had to slightly tilt it when taking it out.

- turning the M7 so it's front to back (rear wheels again the back seat) gave enough room for a golf bag AND a case of water. I was impressed once I figured out the best way to load it. This is most definitely the way I will load it. Front to back wins vs. the photos of the M7 where you see a side view of it.

- the empty trunk photo is to give you a view of what I'm working with so you can compare to your trunk.

- I forgot to take photos of it with the rear wheels in the out/stablepush cart position. Grrrrr. Next time.

- I have a push/pull cart. It's very similar to a BagBoy M-340/M-350. I cannot get that thing in the trunk with my clubs, so this was M7 was impressive.

32 inches front.JPG32 inches.JPGclearance 2.JPGclearance.JPGextra room.JPGfront back jones.JPGfront back nike water.JPGfront back nike.JPGfront back.JPGhalfway there.JPGin back with wheelie bar.JPGjones bag.JPGnike bag.JPGno wheelie bar.JPGpain in the....JPGsize comparison.JPGtilt.JPGtrunk 2.JPG

I had a sub 9 AM teatime this morning, and the grass was pretty damp. The cart rolled through the wet grass just fine. My only complaint was on the second hole, where I just did not hit a good shot, but my elbow somehow grased the button after my follow through. The cart was behind me, which I learned very quickly was a giant mistake. The cart plowed into my left leg as I turned to look at what I was hearing, and it scraped it up pretty decently. I learned very quickly, do not put the remote on your bell buckle under any circumstance. I damn near ran myself over with my own pushcart.

I also learned that in manual mode, it is very easy to drive and likely keep an umbrella under my head. There is a strong chance I roll with that in the next several testings so that I don’t feel like I am dying in the Florida heat and humidity.

Trunk testing continues! Next up is car. You caught a glimpse of car in my garage obstacle course video. I have a 2014 Cadillac ATS, sedan not coupe. They don't make the ATS anymore, but it's smaller than the CTS. Feel free to look up the specs and which GM cars share the same platform to compare to your vehicle. Of all the vehicles I've ever owned this is the smallest trunk I've had in any of them. I'm not a fan of it. Oh, and with this trim level the rear seats do not fold down...just has a useless ski pass-through.

I'm just going add a bunch of thumbnail photos since I took a bunch of photos. Scroll through them at your leisure. I tried to name each photo as well so you have an idea of what I'm showing. Key talking points are:

- I struggled getting it in the trunk but that was my fault. I had a "duh" moment when I was taking photos with the tape measure and realized I forgot to take off the wheelie bar!! After I took that off it was much easier to take in/out of the trunk.

- I had to remove the device/phone holder to get it in. Another inch and I would have cleared "it"...see the next talking point.

- The photo titled "pain in the..." is me pointing at the specific part of the top trunk lining that got in the way the most. But it was much easier without the wheelie bar attached (again, the duh moment for me).

- even without the wheelie bar I had to slightly tilt it when taking it out.

- turning the M7 so it's front to back (rear wheels again the back seat) gave enough room for a golf bag AND a case of water. I was impressed once I figured out the best way to load it. This is most definitely the way I will load it. Front to back wins vs. the photos of the M7 where you see a side view of it.

- the empty trunk photo is to give you a view of what I'm working with so you can compare to your trunk.

- I forgot to take photos of it with the rear wheels in the out/stablepush cart position. Grrrrr. Next time.

- I have a push/pull cart. It's very similar to a BagBoy M-340/M-350. I cannot get that thing in the trunk with my clubs, so this was M7 was impressive.

View attachment 9010153View attachment 9010154View attachment 9010155View attachment 9010156View attachment 9010157View attachment 9010158View attachment 9010159View attachment 9010160View attachment 9010161View attachment 9010162View attachment 9010163View attachment 9010164View attachment 9010165View attachment 9010166View attachment 9010167View attachment 9010168View attachment 9010169View attachment 9010170
Several years ago, I bought a new Mustang GT. Closing the deal was contingent on being able to fit my BagBoy Navigator Elite remote control cart in the trunk. It fit and I bought the car. I have had electric carts for 10 years and walked over 1500 rounds. Currently have the MGI Zip Navigator AT. Each iteration has improved technology, less weight, smaller footprint and lighter/stronger battery.

Today used both MGI Navigator and Motocaddy and to me there is no doubt I prefer the Motocaddy. Quieter from less rattles and seems to hold the golf bag better where I didn’t feel like I needed a bungee cord or zip ties.

Motocaddy also seems like they got the speeds right where as with the Navigator they all seemed either too slow or too fast, but that is personal preference.

First, a little teaser note...I took these photos coming back from a video shoot. Videos are currently uploading. Should be posted here late tonight/early morning.

I'm not sure this was mentioned yet, but when the wheels are flipped into transport/storage setting they are also in push setting...so you can roll the cart while the battery is disconnected. I use the top bag support as a handle (1st photo) and then pull it into the garage (2nd photo). Make sure the wheelie bar is not installed or else you won't be able to tip it up. As long as the kickstand is deployed you can just tip it up where you want to store it and walk away. I'm 6'0" and I have to crouch a bit while rolling it like this, but it's easier than carrying it or unfolding/refolding.

handle.JPGrollin'.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5157.JPG
    IMG_5157.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 7
@rumstove you are killing these reviews, really appreciate all the testers thorough reviews on these carts. 👊

By the time I realized the weather was actually going to be nice today I couldn't get a tee time. Apparently golf courses are busy on holiday weekends 🤷‍♂️

Next best thing was to take the M7 to football & soccer practice fields behind the high school. Imagine playing in thick rough all day (hmmm unfortunately I can sort of picture that) and that's about like the fields I went to, but these were bumpier. As a precaution I did remove my putter and woods in case of a tip over.

Key points:
- The remote works really well, even from 100+ yards away. I really do fully trust the remote, even in the short time I've been using it.

- One thing I wish the remote had is a way to show what speed you're on. I know having a screen (like the one on the handle of the M7) on the remote wouldn't work (I can't imagine the cost to develop something like that, or the size of the remote haha) but maybe a small row of lights across the top for each speed level would work.

- I'm not concerned about the amount of chatter heard in the video. 1) it's really bumpy terrain 2) the Nike bag club slots sort of slant towards the middle, so I get chatter just carrying it on my shoulder. A different bag, even on these fields, would probably cut down the chatter.

- Between 4 & 5 is a nice walking speed. I'll probably use those two speeds the most.

- I think the weird noise heard at times is the small wheel on the wheelie bar. It got a workout due to the bumps and I don't think that would happen on a smoother terrain. I had never heard it before. I will continue to investigate.

- The motor is really quiet.

- For as bumpy as it was the M7 really held its line well. Sure, I had to make some corrections but that's to be expected. On the blacktop parking lot it went straight as an arrow.

- Bag straps gave me no problems at all. I checked the bag a couple times but it was on there good.

- When leaving it took me less than a minute to remove the bag, fold the cart up, and load it into the back of my truck (I did not flip the rear wheels to the storage setting there...I flipped them later when I got home).

- When I first arrived I couldn't get the remote to work. It lit up when pressing buttons but the cart didn't move (yes, the cart battery was plugged in). I'm not sure what I did but suddenly it started working and no problems after that. I'm not going to fault the cart or remote yet though because perhaps I did something wrong. I will pay more attention to my actions next time I take it out in case it happens again.

- I recorded videos on my phone but I stuck another device in the device holder on the M7. I had no problems at all with it. I really like that holder. Water bottle never fell out either.

Full send with a running start down the small slope onto and across the practice football field and then back again.

Rolling through the shot-put sand, roll over a storm drain, then stop on a slight incline and reverse up it.

Lower speed going up and down a small slope. The downhill speed control works well.

Just driving around.

Back