COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

The more I see this Supernova, the better it looks. I need to find one in person soon.
I'd like to see any of them in person soon. I did see the Agera but it wasn't for me

So it looks like although GG will sell these putters, none of the stores within 100 miles of my location have them within the stores themselves - shipping only, and they only have a very small amount of them. Pretty disappointing - hoping that gets remedied soon.
My galaxy said the same thing online but they had a few in the stores. Like a 34 and 35” in about 3 3D and 3 vintage models. Unfortunately all were either plumbers neck or single bends. I was hoping to roll the vintage 40 slant neck. No dice.

I'd like to see any of them in person soon. I did see the Agera but it wasn't for me
I agree. I thought the two tone satin finish kinda made the 3D versions look on the cheaper side. Especially the Agera. Much preferred the all black Vintage heads.

I went to the PGA Superstore in Chandler, AZ and rolled 5 different types including my pick the Torino. Only the Agera had the plastic taken off the head and they all had the wrap around the grip. Overall I was impressed with what I saw. I obviously rolled the Torino a lot and was impressed with the roll. They are all fantastic.

I went to the PGA Superstore in Chandler, AZ and rolled 5 different types including my pick the Torino. Only the Agera had the plastic taken off the head and they all had the wrap around the grip. Overall I was impressed with what I saw. I obviously rolled the Torino a lot and was impressed with the roll. They are all fantastic.
Torino is my choice from pics. Need to find one to roll.

On my way to the local golf shop to see what they have. Might be a late bday gift for me

On my way to the local golf shop to see what they have. Might be a late bday gift for me
Good luck! I called my local GG and they said they don't expect to have any in store anytime soon :(.

I may possibly be getting an agera for a certain event called the Morgan Cup.

Went to a mom and pop golf shop today and they had a Cobra display of putters. I tried the armlock version and yeah not for me. It felt like the arccos sensor was in my armpit. 🤣 The supernova was impressive today.

Has anyone had a shipping update regarding pre-order? Ordered mine couple weeks ago, silence on and after release date. No stock @ my local GG & PGA SS as well. Cobra needs to step it up on supply chain issues. Oh well, rant over.

Has anyone had a shipping update regarding pre-order? Ordered mine couple weeks ago, silence on and after release date. No stock @ my local GG & PGA SS as well. Cobra needs to step it up on supply chain issues. Oh well, rant over.
Which one did you order?
Straight from cobra?

Many people in this thread have recieved their pre orders awhile ago.

I really wish our store would get a Supernova in but I don't see that happening. I'm not normally a fan of that shape but this one looks good and the whole story behind them is so cool.

I really wish our store would get a Supernova in but I don't see that happening. I'm not normally a fan of that shape but this one looks good and the whole story behind them is so cool.

😎

Local GG had the Agera, Grandsport, Torino and Nova on the floor. Took my Srixon divides to see the roll and I’m a believer in the face tech. The heavier weight of the 3D printed agreed better with me but the roll was solid on all (and a weight kit can remedy the weight).
The sound was a touch different, not bad, just different, in the 3D line, but still responsive as others have mentioned here.

Attachments

• 55CD6A53-9D57-40C3-93E1-7B77E5294B9E.jpeg
    55CD6A53-9D57-40C3-93E1-7B77E5294B9E.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 31
Guess I'm going to visit GG today on my way home. Even as much as I despise that store if they have these putters it will be worth it. I went with Grandsport for the Morgan Cup but I can easily see myself with a Nova or Stingray as well :oops:

Got a round in with the Supernova over the weekend and I'm really impressed. Roll it puts on the ball is great, which is expected with the Sik face. The real winner here for me is the stability. I was fit into a wide blade shape, but I do have a tendency to get the yips from time to time and the weight of the Supernova really helps quiet that down for me. Alignment on this is super simple and anyone who likes the 7-ish shape should have no issues adjusting IMO. Other than a couple of outliers that were all me, distance control was pretty good for the first round out. I'm squarely in the honeymoon phase, but going to get the lie angle adjusted to match my fitted specs next week when I go see my fitter. This will likely be my gamer for now while I work through some of the previously mentioned yips. Even with my issues on the green I was still able to turn in one of my lowest rounds this year.

Looks wise, I'm pretty happy with everything. There is a slight glare issue on the wings, but only really noticed it on one hole, so not a deal breaker and after I line up I'm focused on the ball anyways. Sound wise I'd say this putter has a unique sound. It sounds a little hollow, but not tingy like some of the older Odyssey mallet shapes. I was using Chrome Softs so YMMV with other models. Not anywhere near a deal breaker for me though, just a noticeable difference coming from mostly milled putters for the last year or so.

Anyone know the deal with the availability of these putters? Cobra is out, every online shop seems out of stock too. Did they jump the gun on the release date (meaning did they even have them in stock as intended) or did they sell that well to where they are legit out of stock ???

Local shops still never got them in. Galaxy only had limited models and 1 of each length.

Anyone know the deal with the availability of these putters? Cobra is out, every online shop seems out of stock too. Did they jump the gun on the release date (meaning did they even have them in stock as intended) or did they sell that well to where they are legit out of stock ???

Local shops still never got them in. Galaxy only had limited models and 1 of each length.

I believe Budget Golf has them in stock.

Is there a particular model you're interested in? For example, I just checked Cobra's site for the Supernova and its listed as being in stock for 35 in and 34 in.

As for local supply, I'm right there with you - it looks like only one local store has any available in store, and it seems they only have the Agera. I know Golf Galaxy does have some available for shipping, but their stock is very very low.

Last edited:
Still on the hunt to see one of these in the wild. Can't believe they haven't hit stores around here yet

Still on the hunt to see one of these in the wild. Can't believe they haven't hit stores around here yet
I'm on the hunt for a Supernova to be cornered on my porch every time I get home from work! 🥳

Back