COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

My local shop got theirs in yesterday. Said he ordered at least 1 of every model but they only got certain ones in and expect the rest as Cobra is available to ship. Bummer as I would have taken a Stingray slant neck home if they had it

I will say that Agera is probably the most stable putter I’ve ever rolled. You could feel the Thing not wanting to twist. Since I hit a draw with my putters it wasn’t for me ;)

I will say that Agera is probably the most stable putter I’ve ever rolled. You could feel the Thing not wanting to twist.
It was so stable it was a little off-putting to me when I tried it if that makes any sense.

It was so stable it was a little off-putting to me when I tried it if that makes any sense.
Even though I’m very happy with the Supernova, I plan on driving to the GG 30 min away tomorrow just to check one out…and also replenish all the golf balls I lost during yesterday’s terrible round.

First full round with Vintage Nova in the bag. Used it like normal. A few times from off the green. I love the feel of it. I take my stance and feel confident I will roll the ball so it has a fighting chance to disappear.

Heard more from Cobra about the backorder on my Agera Armlock. Apparently there are supply issues with KBS on over length shafts, hence not shipping till middle of July. Looks like Odyssey 2 ball Ten Armlock will get first dibs.

So I made it to a GG that had the Agera and the Supernova so I could try out each one. I found the Agera to be a little wider and bigger but not nearly as much as I was expecting. I also thought the weight was fantastic on the Agera - a little heavier then the Supernova but still feels excellent. The roll/feel/sound was the same for both, and overall I was super impressed. I think you can't go wrong with either one of these if you're interested in a large mallet shape - it might come down to what head shape you prefer. I know I would be happy putting with either the Agera or the Supernova, but since I own a Supernova already, I'll stick with that :).

Last edited:
Got out yesterday for the first time this year with my old man. He loves when new stuff rolls in, so I made sure to bring both Cobra putters. He ended up really liking the feel of the SIK insert and preferred the look and weight of the Vintage Nova over the 3D Agera. He avoided any 3-putts with it, which he told me was his first round of the year without one of those. Needless to say, the Nova is out on loan for the week. I can't wait to hear how it works out for him.

I've been rolling this every chance I get, and plan on going back out to my local range/putting greens this afternoon, but I am just so happy with the Supernova. I feel like as long as I don't have a horrible swing, this thing just rolls putts straight. I need to work on distance control but that's just a matter of getting used to it under regular golf conditions. I love the feel and the roll is just so pure.

34 putts in my round this weekend with two three putts. The three putts were both a result of me putting myself on the opposite side of a large green and burning the edge on the second putt. 34 overall, which I'd obviously like to get down a bit, but not super upset. The greens were punched a couple weeks ago and they've been letting the grass grow in a bit so everyone in my group was struggling with speed.

I have posted about it in the armlock thread, but I purchased a Grandsport Armlock and after two rounds, it is working better than I could have hoped. I had 31 putts in both rounds and multiple birdies of more than gimme range. The first round was the best putting round that I have had in years.

I thought that distance control might be an issue, but it has been very good. I am really smitten.

Well… after working 8 12s in a row, I decided to order a grandsport 35. The old lady was not pleased, since I just got my Rad driver earlier this week, lol. ETA just says “back ordered” so hopefully it doesn’t take as long as my King OL wedge to ship…

Had 34 putts with my Supernova during yesterday’s round, which is pretty good for me. I also had about 4 lip outs from about ten feet, so it could have been much better. Still love how this putter feels and performs, although I still prefer the Spider X look for sure.

Also, the massive headcover is a train wreck - just saying.

While waiting on Agera Armlock to ship I picked up a GrandSport Armlock from GG. Everything that I have read about the tech is very true. Stable, forgiving and the ball just tracks to the hole with a good stroke. Cobra and SIK have knocked it out of the park!

Visiting family for Father’s Day and they just recently opened a PGA SS about ten minutes away so naturally I had to go check it out - much better then my local GG for sure. Spent an hour on the putting surface trying out all sorts of putters, but still came back to the Supernova as the #1. I’ve said it before but the feel and roll are just amazing.

It was funny because all the Dads were there trying out all the other putters and no one was paying attention to the Cobras tucked away in the corner - if only they knew…

I ended up change the grip and cut it down a 1/4” because I thought it would then match my spider x at 34 1/2”. I was wrong, it’s now a 1/4” shorter but oh well. I put on a golf pride cord blue star grip. I have only rolled in the the store on their green and at home on my putting mat. So far so good, first course time will be Wednesday image.jpg

FINALLY got to see these in person and roll some putts. First, I like the grip quite a bit and I love that the Arccos sensor is built in, that is going to work great with Arccos users I think because I hated that extra sensor on top of my putters. On to the putters... The 3D putters are well done, the stainless steel part makes them look futuristic which I think is pretty cool considering all the tech in them. My least favorite of the 3D putters was the Grandsport, It felt really light to me and the armlock was a hard pass I just wasn't comfortable with that at all. The Agera is heavy and unique as well as VERY stable BUT the Supernova.... I absolutely fell in love with.

As for the Vintage series...I think these fit the bill perfectly and at an amazing price. IF I had to guess I'd say these will end up being more popular than the 3D series especially at their price point which is pretty perfect to hit several demographics. I thought these felt more solid than the 3D line and the black is well done. The Sport (blade) model looks good much like any other Anser style putter. Of these I really like the Nova and the Stingray, they just suit my eye. I think these may end up being the most popular of that bunch and it was brought to my attention by Team Paradise member @tucsoncacti that you might be able to pick up a ball with the Stingray so I put it to the test....🤯🤯
View attachment ballpickup.mov

The 3D putters are well done, the stainless steel part makes them look futuristic which I think is pretty cool considering all the tech in them. My least favorite of the 3D putters was the Grandsport, It felt really light to me and the armlock was a hard pass I just wasn't comfortable with that at all. The Agera is heavy and unique as well as VERY stable BUT the Supernova.... I absolutely fell in love with.

I would agree with just about all of this. I'm still torn if I would prefer the Agera over the Supernova - I'm having a harder time enjoying the Supernova's looks but it's also really hard for me to argue with the results.

I would agree with just about all of this. I'm still torn if I would prefer the Agera over the Supernova - I'm having a harder time enjoying the Supernova's looks but it's also really hard for me to argue with the results.

The results are really pretty great. As long as I come within the neighborhood of doing my job, I've found the Supernova to be pretty much point and shoot. I may put my Sik back in play at some point, but gonna hold onto this one for a good while. Very pleased with it.

Getting used to the Supernova and really enjoying it, the Arccos, not so much. Missing putts every round so far, sometimes as many as 6 in a 9 hole round. Never had this issue with Shot Scope and don't know what to do to fix it. :(

Getting used to the Supernova and really enjoying it, the Arccos, not so much. Missing putts every round so far, sometimes as many as 6 in a 9 hole round. Never had this issue with Shot Scope and don't know what to do to fix it. :(
Interesting. You think its the sensor in the grip? I've always had good success with the screw in sensor but I hated it being on there

Interesting. You think its the sensor in the grip? I've always had good success with the screw in sensor but I hated it being on there
It could be the sensor or maybe it's just missing the stroke due to the combination of the Sik face and my Z-Stars not being loud enough. It seems to miss mostly the short putts.

So I made a final trip to my local GG to test out the Agera vs. the Supernova in terms of looks, feel, roll...and in the end it's the Supernova for me, final answer. I just think the Agera is a bit too big for my liking, while the Supernova is about the perfect size for me. I will say I thought the Agera would be heavier but it really wasn't all that much to swing. Still think you can't go wrong with either, but I'm glad I went with a Supernova and I'm sticking with it.

FINALLY got to see these in person and roll some putts. First, I like the grip quite a bit and I love that the Arccos sensor is built in, that is going to work great with Arccos users I think because I hated that extra sensor on top of my putters. On to the putters... The 3D putters are well done, the stainless steel part makes them look futuristic which I think is pretty cool considering all the tech in them. My least favorite of the 3D putters was the Grandsport, It felt really light to me and the armlock was a hard pass I just wasn't comfortable with that at all. The Agera is heavy and unique as well as VERY stable BUT the Supernova.... I absolutely fell in love with.

As for the Vintage series...I think these fit the bill perfectly and at an amazing price. IF I had to guess I'd say these will end up being more popular than the 3D series especially at their price point which is pretty perfect to hit several demographics. I thought these felt more solid than the 3D line and the black is well done. The Sport (blade) model looks good much like any other Anser style putter. Of these I really like the Nova and the Stingray, they just suit my eye. I think these may end up being the most popular of that bunch and it was brought to my attention by Team Paradise member @tucsoncacti that you might be able to pick up a ball with the Stingray so I put it to the test....🤯🤯
View attachment 9014050
🤣🤣🤣🤣 I told you!! It works perfect. I know this sounds crazy, I was sold sight unseen on the stingray but in the back of my head I was like "damn this may wear on my back a bit" (I'm all about back health and golf) I was soo stoked to see this was functional, and I honestly want to say it was intentional.

I found an Agera in the wild...20210625_124111.jpg20210625_124108.jpg

...but it's left handed 😒

They did have this though...20210625_124253.jpg20210625_124248.jpg

This looks way better in person than I thought it would. It is really nice. I may have some order envy LOL! @Turtlerancher it also scoops balls off the turf really well.

Back