Toulon First Run Collection Putters

Sorry just finished some things: she purty and she feels as good as she looks (indoor on my mat that needs to be vacuumed). Size looks a lot smaller than jailbird but really is not a lot smaller. I think I am in love. The white on black grip pops and means I need to keep it clean.

Headcover seems well made, fits well. The shape is very similar to odyssey mallet covers I have had for majors. That pale blue looks dope. Not sure if I am going to put it in the bag or up on the wall.
View attachment 9244949
Oh MY! That looks gorgeous!

Memphis H7 is on the way, should be here Monday! Black shaft, 3* loft, 71* lie, first run oversized grip. I saw Tony's post and fell in love with it all over again. Love the reshape from the original and the H7 just looks so smooth on it.

Box was delayed by a day but was waiting for me on by my front door when I got home from work today. Sean had reached out to me after placing my order saying there was such a rush on the Heavy Weight spec putters that they didn't have enough of the 15" XL grips and more would be expected mid-March (which is currently reflected if you try to order one right now.) But with Sean being as awesome as he is, he offered to build my putter with a special 17" grip now and ship the 15" grip later when it arrives. So here is my beautiful new Alcatraz:

IMG_2715.jpegIMG_2716.jpegIMG_2717.jpegIMG_2719.jpegIMG_2721.jpegIMG_2720.jpeg

Toulon’s CS has been solid no matter when in their history since day one. I’m not at all surprised by the continuation of this.

Box was delayed by a day but was waiting for me on by my front door when I got home from work today. Sean had reached out to me after placing my order saying there was such a rush on the Heavy Weight spec putters that they didn't have enough of the 15" XL grips and more would be expected mid-March (which is currently reflected if you try to order one right now.) But with Sean being as awesome as he is, he offered to build my putter with a special 17" grip now and ship the 15" grip later when it arrives. So here is my beautiful new Alcatraz:

View attachment 9246603View attachment 9246604View attachment 9246605View attachment 9246606View attachment 9246608View attachment 9246607
So freaking good!

Man these look awesome. I think a Vegas is going to make its way to my front door soon

View attachment 9246603View attachment 9246604View attachment 9246605View attachment 9246606View attachment 9246608View attachment 9246607

Quite the collection of flatsticks!

I'm a little disappointed no one has commented on the empty Fresca box that somehow found its way into the last photo.

man these clubs are stunning, keeping putting up pictures!

but just as importantly, how are they rolling? any noticeable differences in feel or sound from prior toulons?

So far I've only put some rolls on mine inside on the PuttOut, but Im very much liking what I'm seeing and more importantly feeling. Compared to the Jailbird, distance control feels very very similar which is great, while being perhaps a touch firmer and with some of the best sound in my collection. Sound is the biggest thing for me so I love this. The fact it's an inch shorter than the Jailbird, and has more toe hang, leads to a slightly different feeling, but I'm not too worried about that. It's definitely the best feeling amongst my milled options, at least on the mat. It will be starting the season in the bag.

man these clubs are stunning, keeping putting up pictures!

but just as importantly, how are they rolling? any noticeable differences in feel or sound from prior toulons?
I was wondering the same thing. Judging by the significant different in milling, I would expect feel to be quite a bit different

I was wondering the same thing. Judging by the significant different in milling, I would expect feel to be quite a bit different
I have a friend with a '22 San Diego that he hasn't really gotten along with. At the very least I'm planning on borrowing to compare to both this and the NP2. There's a very real chance I end up swapping him a 5W I didn't get along with for it. I'll update here once I can compare the two milling styles.

I’ve been a big fan of Toulon Putters for a long time now, basically since Sean & I shared a moment at the 2017 Grandaddy.

IMG_6929.jpeg

Proof of moment ⬆️..
I own a Garage Columbus, Atlanta, Azalea, and my forever putter the Chicago.

The Chicago is the putter that won The Rivalry, and always finds it way back home. It is the putter I’m bringing to the GOAT Cup. The NYC of this line has my interest, similar to the Chicago minus the double bend neck.

Has anyone gone from the Chicago to the NYC? If so thoughts?

It’s a NYC or a 3TS Milled that’s my next putter.
I watched the last putting.
I fully support this change

I'm really leaning toward the NYC... I'll see in a couple weeks.

A teaser email came out. Hm!

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Quick editing coming through. Nothing to see here, maybe in a new post though

Been rolling my Memphis in the office and in the simulator but it'll get its first real test this weekend at the course. So far I love the feel, but don't love the grip. Went with the first run oversize and the end cap is kind of a thick hard plastic compared to the soft, tacky grip. I tend to grip it all the way up so the cap sits in my hand and feels slick and weird. I'll be putting on the trusty SS tour 2.0 tonight and expect it to feel much better.

I'll be sure to get some pictures out in the sun this weekend, the finish is truly awesome.

Back