Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Irons & Hybrids Review

Picked up my HL irons from the Pro Shop yesterday. They didn't have them processed until AFTER my round was done. Oh well - still have them in hand! No time to hit them today either, but I've got a range session penciled in for Tuesday with the MLM to get an idea of distances and then the maiden round on Wednesday. Can't wait!

Picked up my HL irons from the Pro Shop yesterday. They didn't have them processed until AFTER my round was done. Oh well - still have them in hand! No time to hit them today either, but I've got a range session penciled in for Tuesday with the MLM to get an idea of distances and then the maiden round on Wednesday. Can't wait!
Tuesday as in tomorrow? You move fast! Cannot wait to hear your thoughts

Tuesday as in tomorrow? You move fast! Cannot wait to hear your thoughts
Yes sir!

Thank god for the time change. I can actually get a range session in after work now. Just have to remember to charge up the iPad and the Rapsodo tonight.

Callaway is drunk 😂. 4-aw in stock , 5-aw&SW in stock, 5-aw 1-2 weeks ..how?

Screenshot_20240311-214334.png

The Smokes continue to outshine the Paradyms in every way for me. Pretty sure it was shaft related, but really don’t care now. I couldn’t get those to CPO fast enough!

Callaway is drunk 😂. 4-aw in stock , 5-aw&SW in stock, 5-aw 1-2 weeks ..how?

View attachment 9247952
That will probably change. Almost everything I've ordered has changed/shipped sooner than the order said. Bet it will only be 1 week (depending on your customizations). 🤞

Oooh baby.

So first major session back after Covid and only about 5 days from my first spring tour event and things escalated quickly. Head pro was recording numbers behind me quietly coming back from a youth lesson. 3 straight 250+ yard 3 hybrid shots 🤯. I mean it was absolutely launching. 4 hybrid was in the range of 230-235. Can I bottle this for Sunday?
Im Ready Lets Go GIF by The Roku Channel

Last edited:
Do it... I never hit them and pulled the trigger cause I knew the bonus deal was ending. Best decision I ever made!

So I might of did something. 😎.
Was going to wait out for standard apex but more reviews and reading had me pull the trigger on smoke ai 6-AW with 🎯 90’s. Hope to have them soon
oh boy dunk GIF

I have it in my head, that the make or break this year for me is how I take to the 5 and 6 irons out of the Smoke irons.

In Callifornia, those two were probably my most hit irons. Layups on longer holes, and approach shots into greens were what I thought I had the most success with. They really kept me out of trouble, using my head and taking what I could.

It is definitely a trend I want to continue with them. Playing to my strengths, and hopefully increased production out of those 5 and 6 irons slots really shines!

Ok, I'm a little behind on my updates here, so I'll be somewhat brief. Went to the range on Tuesday evening to get some initial data points on distance and of course, my MLM decided to go wonky and only record the first 3-4 swings. Not helpful from an analytics perspective. Overall it was a disappointing session due to technical difficulties and my back deciding it didn't want to cooperate. <Sigh> Had a few good strikes, but just couldn't get in any kind of groove.

I did a bunch of PT for the back, ice/heat, foam roller, yoga/stretching in hopes that Wednesdays round wouldn't be a total dumpster fire. Fortunately, woke up Wednesday and back my much improved. Not 100% but playable. Overall, it was still a mediocre ball striking day. Collecting numbers in Arccos now, so another round or two and I should something worth comparing to.

Initial thoughts are that it's a little bit of an adjustment moving from regular to stiff shaft; well struck shots from the sweet spot feel fantastic. Mishits are a bit more jarring than with the old DCB's. Maybe it's the forge vs. cast faces, or could just be the stiffer shafts. Overall, I'm pretty happy so far but need at least another round or two to settle into these.

Shot of the day was the 9w: Par 3, 186 yard tee shot landing 10' from the pin, pin high. Greens were punch 1-1/2 weeks ago and still managed the two putts for par. That club is FUN to hit!!

Jason Finley and I both had Ai Smoke irons in play at Briggs. One thing I was very curious about heading in, is how they would handle the tighter lies of TX golf and some that are really well manicured with hard greens. I came away thrilled and hit the scoring clubs extremely well all week.

Still getting a nice high ball flight, strong distance and an iron that gives me confidence.

After watching @JB literally “smoke” his hybrid this weekend I’m ordering one when I get home.

First round with my ai smoke irons today.
Good lord am I smitten. High piercing flight, but could control trajectory when needed.
Forgiving, but always felt controlled. These are legit

First round with my ai smoke irons today.
Good lord am I smitten. High piercing flight, but could control trajectory when needed.
Forgiving, but always felt controlled. These are legit
Ooo were iron twins!!!

Hard to say exactly since there were four lines in the Rogue STs. I’d say these three kinda combo between those four. So the Smoke are between the Rogue Pros and the Rogue Max. The Smoke HL would be a combo of the Max and Max OS. And the Lite would essentially replace the Rogue Lites
Hello - @JB & @Muchmore and where do the Paradyms(std) fall? Thank you

Hello - @JB & @Muchmore and where do the Paradyms(std) fall? Thank you
If we are talking comparison to the Rogue, it would be harder to say since the Paradym line wasn't a replacement for the Rogues. They were something brand new. But if you wanted to compare them, I'd say maybe closest to Rogue Pro with the distance and spin reduction people were getting out of them.

If you're meaning where does the Paradym compare to the Smoke line, again, it's a bit harder since the Paradym is still in line and the Smokes are a replacement for the Rogue. Here's a comparison on the website that would do better than I could
1710518586404.png

Thank you @Muchmore
My question was more is the Paradym the next generation of the Rogue Pro's or ST Pro's? Or is it the Smoke AI?
Thanks again!

Thank you @Muchmore
My question was more is the Paradym the next generation of the Rogue Pro's or ST Pro's? Or is it the Smoke AI?
Thanks again!
Smoke is the direct replacement for the Rogue ST line as a whole 😁

@JB sold me one of these this weekend. Its not his. I don't actually have to pay him though I should for the display he put on with his. Absolute monster with this club. I know he gets to rotate clubs around as needed per event, but this one belongs!!!! I'm going to pick up a 24 this weekend.

@JB sold me one of these this weekend. Its not his. I don't actually have to pay him though I should for the display he put on with his. Absolute monster with this club. I know he gets to rotate clubs around as needed per event, but this one belongs!!!! I'm going to pick up a 24 this weekend.
I absolutely love this hybrid.

The 4H has been so good for me. In fact, I will likely get a 5H eventually. The distance dispersion has been better than most hybrids I have played on approaches. My smart range on Arccos is 188-192 and most of my irons are more like 8 yard spread. I think I only over cooked one shot with it so far with a big draw. Much higher flight than I would typically hit if using an iron in that spot.

Ok went to PGASS and hit the Smoke AI. It’s a nice iron but will keep my Paradyms. I didn’t find the Smoke AI any longer or straighter. Also the Paradyms feel better IMHO.
So will stay put for now.

I absolutely love this hybrid.
You absolutely should. It fits whatever release/swing/contact you have. The sound was very nice as well. I paid close attention to it and it wasn't high pitched.

Back