Par on a Par 3 is Great

I've always looked at par 3's this way. Irons are probably the weakest part of my game and any par three if I get a birdie it definitely feels like I am stealing one from the group.

Most double digits miss greens because they club themselves by their best swing with a club, not their average strike.

Crazy to see the stats. Par 3 scoring is my worst

These type statistics tell me I need to get back to tracking data.

From 150 yards and in, I hit more GIR from the tee than other lies… 38%. (Unfortunately, my home course has some long par 3s.)

My average putts per GIR is 2.1.

My par breakdown from par 3s (4.1) is quite a bit better than par 4s (5.4), and par 5s (6.5). This last stat makes sense in that there is more opportunity for a damaging shot or penalty on the longer holes.

True, I'm usually happy with boggie.

this makes complete sense. watch the pros. par 3s are rarely scoring opportunities for them; they make their hay on par 5s. score on par 5s, protect par on par 3s, and the par 4s will take care of themselves.

I can’t remember where I read it recently but it was something to the extent that most amateurs throw away more strokes on par 3s than they do on 4&5 because they ultimately make a bad choice on the tee shot.

I know for me, I’m usually hoping for a 3 with no less than a 4. So yeah, par is good.
My blow up holes are typically on Par 3s. When looking back on my scores, seeing 5's on 3's isnt ideal.

#manageexpectations

Most people, myself included tend to take par 3s for granted when in reality they are tougher to score on than 4s or 5s. There is zero margin for error if you are going to make par.

I'm not surprised at this revelation by SS at all.

I not only have the consistency with my irons and wedges to hit greens, last year I worked on grinding through making up and downs from bad lies!

This year I'm working on distance, but last year I discovered I could work the ball to better hold greens!
Hitting the green hole hole and having the ball roll right was a very effective strategy for some greens.

It's really eye opening to see stats like this. Helps put expectations in perspective.

This makes total sense to me. I feel like I suffer more blow up holes on par 3s than anywhere else.

Played a par 3 (*9 holes) a few weeks ago. Let's just say; not many GIRs.

It's really eye opening to see stats like this. Helps put expectations in perspective.
But if I have birdied a hole in the past, my expectation is to birdie that hole every time I play it. Don't tell me to expect to not make birdie. [/sarcasm]

100% agree. I piss more strokes away on Par 3's than on any other hole type.

Here the majority of Par 3's are longer, some stretching to 220 or 230. When I have to hit driver, and still have a pitch and a putt, I am super relieved if I come away with a Par.

This is pretty eye opening
That was my thought too. I had no idea, but honestly should have. It really is pretty rare to par the threes when I think about it.

I always feel like pars on par 3s is a huge win. Length almost doesn’t matter..

I tend to aim for the middle of the green more often than not. Hit it solid, ends up at the back. Hit it a bit heavy, ends up at the front. Then proceed to 3 putt no matter what :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

AMEN. Par on a 3 is ALWAYS chalked up as a win by me.

My scoring is slightly better on par 3's than 4's and 5's, but I do tend to try to ignore the flags and shoot for the fat part of the greens. And at my skill level Par anywhere is a win.

Back