What did you shoot today?

40-37-77 today. Stupid double on the front after a good tee shot. Missed the green slightly left, then thinned a wedge back across it. :rolleyes:

Another “what could have been” round today. Too many little misses that added up. Started on the back 9 and finished that side +8 (43). Was hitting the driver LONG and fairly straight. Hole 15 is 360 on the card and I had less than 60 yards for my approach. Front side started well but I ended up with a couple of double bogey’s (3 putted the ninth) and finished +9 (44) on that side. Still finished the day with an 87 and felt like it could have easily been 5 or 6 strokes less...

+5 on a very strange round with two doubles, one eagle, one birdie and 4 bogies. My ball-striking was mediocre and I got some bad breaks including having to take a penalty drop in a bunker for a lie that likely would have caused me and or my club injury. The highlight was an eagle on the toughest par 5, the 552 yard 15th where I got my 3 wood to 35 feet from 263 yards and made the little 8 iron chip shot. It was men's day so that should hold up for a gross skin that is worth $75-$150 in gift shop credit which I will spend on a new pair of Oakleys.

Played a quick 9 after work. Started off great with 5 pars. Ended up with shooting 40.

76 today. I had an insane eagle on the par 5 11th though (we played the back 9 first). The Sim Ti 5 wood is a silly club for me. Off the tee and the deck it is awesome. From around 260 I hit a big hard cut around a tree about 70 yards or so in front of me, to about 15 feet or so. Then dropped the putt with an assist read from my father. First eagle of the season! Had a rough finish after the eagle, as I got a little fired up and couldn't focus after that.

2 over on the front and 6 over on the back, 1 double, 1 triple, 3 birdies and 4 shanks. Not very consistent but broke 80 at least.

79 with 36 putts and total about 50 foot of putts made....Ugh...

I shot 30. Range balls, that is.

Craptastic 93 on a course where I can do much better. Four 3 putts and 4 water penalties to go with a round without a single good iron hit.

Instead of golf being a relaxing break from the stresses of life now it is the opposite. My struggles on the course magnify the frustration/anger/helplessness/uncertainty that I feel off the course. This leads to a forced deathmarch of a round that gives very little satisfaction. If I can't find solitude on the golf course what am I to do?? Doesn't help that all the ranges are closed so I can't just go pound balls and get through the problems I'm having. Life as we know it sucks and golf sucks also. I've got to find something to keep it all together.

Well I never dreamed this possible, I shot -5 (67) on 18 holes from back tees. I know its only a sim round, but does give a good indication of your play. I've never shot below par before in sims or out on a real course before (shot par 3 times), and in the last month I've broken par 4 times... Courses open up here tomorrow! I'm super pumped. Watch me shoot 100 :p. Booked for 27 holes, so we'll see.

Many first on this round for me;
Lowest 9 hole round -4
Lowest 18 hole score -5
4 hole minus streak with an eagle and 3 birdies
First time beating 70
14 greens in reg- highest I've done
most birdies in a round 7 and 1 eagle

So both scores 67 +78 (day before) =145 (+1)

1589467537385.png
1589467651773.png

38/39 = 77

Was a what could have been round. Oh well. Not great ball striking, but no doubles or a worse today either.

39, 36 today. Some ugly wedge shots that need work. Callay Mav SZ was on point most of the day. Fun round, as we played with an ex Web.com player. Nice guy and a solid swing. I think he shot around a 73.

Tied my personal best on my home course today. 47-40. My putting is still a bit on the shakey side but a slight improvement over Monday afternoon. That said my last two rounds Ive set of tied a personal best on the course I played. Cant seem to figure out if warming up is good or bad.

Back for 9 more, 35 with 3 birdies. :oops:

Everything was off. Shot a 40-39-79. At least I didn’t lose any balls or have any penalty shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49/41 for a personal best 90 at a course I struggle with. I have so much confidence in my driver and irons right now. I started out rough but I bounced back. The last three rounds I have played were 93/93/90. I feel like everything is starting to click.

49/41 for a personal best 90 at a course I struggle with. I have so much confidence in my driver and irons right now. I started out rough but I bounced back. The last three rounds I have played were 93/93/90. I feel like everything is starting to click.
Way to play!!

New personal best of 82. It was definitely a fluke cause my ball striking with irons is never as good as it was today. My biggest weakness was chipping.

20200514_174716.jpg

Mostly good. Scored the holes I should. Fun day with the driver. Bad day on my elbow. That bogey on 12 I almost let go of the club off the tee after a hybrid shot on the previous hole tweaked something. Wedges definitely could have been better. It was cool playing the front with hardly any wind though, even if it was busy.

Played to cap for about the 4th/5th time this year so that's always nice!

45 + 49 = 94. Same story as last week - surprising success using my 3 hybrid instead of my driver, mostly great putting (32 putts, a personal best) and a nice par on a par 5, which for me is always hard to do. Gave up too many strokes on the back nine again, but overall I’m happy with that round.

Today was an 80. If my calculations are right, it might bring me down to 9.9 on hcp! I was sitting at 10 today

90 strokes left sooo many strokes out there from thin skilled chips ... Difficult conditions and a really really tough design.

Today was an 80. If my calculations are right, it might bring me down to 9.9 on hcp! I was sitting at 10 today
that's my goal this year, to get below 10

Back