Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

065FFC9D-BB7C-453F-85F0-DE225205154C.jpeg20D7879E-772E-4905-A6A2-C8B59AC3E23A.jpeg740922F5-C143-4ED7-B76B-975D8363A013.jpeg2698100F-BEED-4E29-87DE-8FDB284998D9.jpeg

There's a great explanation from a well known club guy about how it can be more about low point position than steep vs. shallow. I'll look for it when I get home tonight and if I find it I'll shoot you a link.

Jack Nicklaus took healthy divots and played with flat sole irons. It seems to me that a V-shaped-sole would then be fitting for a sweeper of the ball, but that's just a presumption.

So I finally found out why my order (combo 5's&7's) are taking so long. The rep said they ran out of PW shafts (I ordered recoils) due to overwhelming demand upon release of these irons. She also said that they will overnight them when they are ready which is cool. Word has definitely gotten around on these!
How you holding up @just8abug? I am starting to think we should form a support group. We can meet on Thursdays.

How you holding up @just8abug? I am starting to think we should form a support group. We can meet on Thursdays.

I'll join. Yes, I was late to the order party, but in my defense that's normal. :cool:

Can't wait. But now I also wish I had gotten cool custom ferrules. I forgot about that. Darn.

My good buddy went to the Srixon event at our club last night and he ordered the ZX5’s after I’ve been singing the praises of Srixon for 5 years. He will be only the 3rd golfer at our club out of 350 members that plays a full set of Srixon irons so I’ll finally have some company. :)

Sounds about right.

Post #1205 said something about it being best not to dilly dally. :p

There you go sprinkling the salt... :LOL:. You weren't wrong.

Received a shipping notification this morning! :bananadance:True to their word, they are being shipped O/N and are due in by 8 pm local.

Received a shipping notification this morning! :bananadance:True to their word, they are being shipped O/N and are due in by 8 pm local.

UPDATE: Well, they made it to Memphis, TN but not to Lincoln, NE. Tracking status kept saying to be delivered by end of day all last night but after midnight, it switched to pending :(
Called Srixon this morning but they are not answering right now so I left a detailed message and sent an e-mail. Fed Ex site just gives the same info I had last night. I'm in no big hurry mind you but when they were shipped over night and supposed to be here. Now I have no idea where they are.....it's frustrating. Hopefully, Srixon gets back to me soon but if not, I'll try them again later today. Not much else I can do at the moment.

UPDATE: Well, they made it to Memphis, TN but not to Lincoln, NE. Tracking status kept saying to be delivered by end of day all last night but after midnight, it switched to pending :(
Called Srixon this morning but they are not answering right now so I left a detailed message and sent an e-mail. Fed Ex site just gives the same info I had last night. I'm in no big hurry mind you but when they were shipped over night and supposed to be here. Now I have no idea where they are.....it's frustrating. Hopefully, Srixon gets back to me soon but if not, I'll try them again later today. Not much else I can do at the moment.

If your FedEx was out for delivery and then not delivered showing Pending, that just means that FedEx chose on their own not to deliver it that day. It will probably be delivered today. Happened last Friday with my SWAG order, was delivered on Monday.

It sucks, but Srixon won't be able to do much about FedEx delivering late.

If your FedEx was out for delivery and then not delivered showing Pending, that just means that FedEx chose on their own not to deliver it that day. It will probably be delivered today. Happened last Friday with my SWAG order, was delivered on Monday.

It sucks, but Srixon won't be able to do much about FedEx delivering late.
If they are concerned about delivering in snow, which is totally understandable, then they can just send @just8abug's set down to me in sunny south florida, and have my sent sent to him when there is less snow. Win-win.

If they are concerned about delivering in snow, which is totally understandable, then they can just send @just8abug's set down to me in sunny south florida, and have my sent sent to him when there is less snow. Win-win.

Does it get any better?! WOW what a setup....

I hit 15 shots with a ZX5 7 iron today and 6 shots with the ZX7 on a GC2 at GG. My ball flight was nearly identical with both, revs were 150 rpm higher with the ZX7, and the average yardage was 171 and 169, respectively. It certainly was not a perfect test as I had only a few swings for warming up, and they didn't have a perfect shaft or club head lie for my specs. Smash factor with all but one of the 21 shots was 1.36, so maybe the GC2 was broken, lol. The bottom line is I was already planning to buy them, and the ZX7's are so pretty even compared to my Z765's that they will 100% be in my bag by April. :)

That is if Srixon can ship them by then.

I hit 15 shots with a ZX5 7 iron today and 6 shots with the ZX7 on a GC2 at GG. My ball flight was nearly identical with both, revs were 150 rpm higher with the ZX7, and the average yardage was 171 and 169, respectively. It certainly was not a perfect test as I had only a few swings for warming up, and they didn't have a perfect shaft or club head lie for my specs. Smash factor with all but one of the 21 shots was 1.36, so maybe the GC2 was broken, lol. The bottom line is I was already planning to buy them, and the ZX7's are so pretty even compared to my Z765's that they will 100% be in my bag by April. :)

That is some good consistency, but the 7's are just so much better looking. Nice.

GC2 doesn't measure club speed, so smash factor is either am estimate or set by the store at 1.36

Back