Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

These irons feel so good. One piece forged through and through that's really satisfying, and I absolutely love the feedback they give. I don't think there was a shot out there today that I tried, that these heads don't excel at. I was one round away from some cap relief, and these beauties whispered to me in my sleep or something just to f**k the whole thing up. :LOL:

Excited to see what the Instagram Live is about tomorrow, because these irons need more attention than they get.

So did Brooks still have the ZX7 irons in his bag this week? I know he'd switched drivers for the week (M5 to SIM2), but couldn't find anything about his irons....

So did Brooks still have the ZX7 irons in his bag this week? I know he'd switched drivers for the week (M5 to SIM2), but couldn't find anything about his irons....

THP Social Media just sent this.

That was a good win for Srixon.

Everyone have their orders in? They were already backordered on a couple things from the sound of it. Best not dilly dally. ;)

Everyone have their orders in? They were already backordered on a couple things from the sound of it. Best not dilly dally. ;)
Glad mine arrived safe and sound. Now just need some weather to play in.

Glad mine arrived safe and sound. Now just need some weather to play in.
I am ordering one more club and I am not in a tremendous hurry for it. They aren’t available for a couple of weeks...we should know more tomorrow.

Am all in. P790s going on EBay tmrw and ordered ZX7s.

Brooks wins his first PGA event immediately after putting the ZX7's in the bag.

My sleeper irons are about to get popular...

Brooks wins his first PGA event immediately after putting the ZX7's in the bag.

My sleeper irons are about to get popular...
It wasn’t his first tournament with them.

It wasn’t his first tournament with them.

Second tournament which in my book still qualifies as 'immediate' in the context of a full PGA season.

Brooks was on the verge of dropping out of the Top 100, and hadn't won any event since 2019.

ZX7's go in the bag and PGA victory.

Even if there's more to the story this is all the Srixon marketing team will go wild with this one.

Even if there's more to the story this is all the Srixon marketing team will go wild with this one.

Srixon marketing can’t do much. They are not allowed to use his likeness.
We spoke about this during our THP live with them (video is still up for those that missed it)

Very similar to Mizuno the last few years.

Like all the shaft companies hahaha - it's weird, but I sort of get it.

Either way, heck of a win for Srixon.
Yeah it stinks for them, but I get it. I’m glad we got Noelle to even discuss it haha

I did and it’s been a minute. If I would have picked the Modus shafts I would have had them, but I gather they are waiting in some recoil restock to come in. It’s crazy I have not even seen the recoil shafted set in the wild, but did see the Modus set. Hopefully it’s only another week or two at most. Can’t wait to hit these!

But it’s not just Srixon. A bunch of golf stuff is hard to get right now, just the name of the game. I have a Vessel bag that’s been in order longer then the Srixons.

I did and it’s been a minute. If I would have picked the Modus shafts I would have had them, but I gather they are waiting in some recoil restock to come in. It’s crazy I have not even seen the recoil shafted set in the wild, but did see the Modus set. Hopefully it’s only another week or two at most. Can’t wait to hit these!

But it’s not just Srixon. A bunch of golf stuff is hard to get right now, just the name of the game. I have a Vessel bag that’s been in order longer then the Srixons.
I keep telling myself it's all not a new normal that we'll just have to get used to, but it feels like it's headed that way. I've started to adjust how I go about things for it already. I hope you get them soon.

My 5-PW ZX5 set came in on 1/29. I ordered the AW (bent to 48*) a few days later as well as a Black Satin 52* CBX2. I got the Modus 105 everything but the CBX where I got the Modus115 wedge shaft.

I just got a shipping notice that they are scheduled to arrive on Thursday.

My 5-PW ZX5 set came in on 1/29. I ordered the AW (bent to 48*) a few days later as well as a Black Satin 52* CBX2. I got the Modus 105 everything but the CBX where I got the Modus115 wedge shaft.

I just got a shipping notice that they are scheduled to arrive on Thursday.
That's great. I don't have a ton of rounds in with it, but the AW is really growing in me. It blends in really well between the PW and my specialties, even with swing weight.

Mine will have been ordered 3 weeks tomorrow. I've had contact with two CS reps. The one I spoke to on the phone said shafts were due in last Friday. Through e-mail, the rep. told me end of Feb. early March so not a definite answer there. That being said, I'm staring at a foot and a half of snow and with single digit temps this week so I'm in no big hurry.

Going live now.

I've dallied. About past time to order. Time for consulting advice since I'm still pondering....

ZX7 all the way, or mix in the ZX5 for the 5 & 6? Historically, I've played z745 4-P and love the long irons, and enjoy the Z-Forged down to 5i. I am confident in the ZX7 pick throughout. That ballspeed and ease of use out of the ZX5 was pretty impressive in the bay however.

Thinking I might order these with Modus 120s to make it easy to mix and match with my Z Forged if desired.

So THP, what would you put me in? ZX5 or ZX7 4-5-6?

I've dallied. About past time to order. Time for consulting advice since I'm still pondering....

ZX7 all the way, or mix in the ZX5 for the 5 & 6? Historically, I've played z745 4-P and love the long irons, and enjoy the Z-Forged down to 5i. I am confident in the ZX7 pick throughout. That ballspeed and ease of use out of the ZX5 was pretty impressive in the bay however.

Thinking I might order these with Modus 120s to make it easy to mix and match with my Z Forged if desired.

I would put in those sweet custom Recoils :D

All 7's or just the 4i in the 5's. Love the ability to mix and match with same shafts approach. I do that a LOT.

I would put in those sweet custom Recoils :D

You are not wrong! And, the set those are plugged into put in some serious work last season, especially last fall. Makes it tough to swap!

Back