Looking For Testers: Theragun PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Yes, I own a Kraftgun that I use regularly for my aches & pains and tight muscles
2. I was very interested in Theragun when doing my research for a percussive therapy device since they are considered the best in class. However, the price point was a bit high when I discovered the Kraftgun for about half the cost and very similar set of features. It would be great to actually compare them side by side!
3. I am a new Albatross member and find myself spending more and more time on this forum! :cool:

1. Have you tried percussive therapy devices before? Yes, but not a Theragun
2. What makes you want to try Theragun PRO? We purchased a similar unit, but not in the class of the Theragun and while it is nice, it is missing some of the features of the Theragun and is not nearly as well made. Having one of these devices for a little while makes me want to use a better quality device.
3. Confirm you are a 2021 Albatross Club Member: I am indeed 2021 Albatross Club Member.

1. Have you tried percussive therapy devices before? No
2. What makes you want to try Theragun PRO? I want to try the Theragun PRO as I have gotten older I have realized the importance of taking care of my wellness including stretching and massaging pre and post workouts/golf so that I can get my body flexible and reduce my over all pain. I have been interested in trying out the Theragun PRO due to all the positive reviews regarding using it as a pre and post workout/golf.
3. Confirm you are a 2021 Albatross Club Member. Yes

Another great initiative by THP!
  1. I currently own and use the Theragun Mini.
  2. The Pro intrigues me because of the additional attachments, AND it still fits into a golf bag. I look forward to trying those additional capabilities.
  3. I am an Albatross member.

1. Have you tried percussive therapy devices before?
I have used a knock off brand with limited attachments.

2. What makes you want to try Theragun PRO?
The different attachments, it looks there are some that can help pinpoint specific areas and ones that can help alleviate large muscle groups!

3. Confirm you are a 2021 Albatross Club Member
Yes, I am!

1. Have you tried percussive therapy devices before? Yes!
2. What makes you want to try Theragun PRO? I have tried the Theragun Mini and was super impressed. I would love to see the pro version.
3. Confirm you are a 2021 Albatross Club Member. Yes!

This is an awesome opportunity!

1. Have you tried percussive therapy devices before? Yes. I currently use the Theragun mini.

2. What makes you want to try Theragun PRO? I love the Theragun Mini but I struggle to hit some of my main trouble areas myself. I've started spending hours driving for work again and having the full reach, extra power and the lineup of attachments with this unit seems like a perfect solution to hit the trouble spots that come from being cramped up in a vehicle for hours a day. Sadly I'm getting older and my body is letting me know that and using this before and after activities would be so nice.

The app also seems like a very cool feature that would be fun to use and see what kind of an impact it has.

3. Confirm you are a 2021 Albatross Club Member. Yes I am.

1. Have never tried percussive therapy.
2. Would love to try one to aid sore muscles, but would also love for my oldest daughter to try it out as she is dealing with a shoulder injury. Would love to see how it aids with that process.
3. Yes, I'm an Albatross member.

1. Yes my daughter has the Mini and my wife has the Pro. I have used both and while they are different they both work well and each has their benefits.
2. I would like to try the Pro because it appears to be different and to offer more options to use including the various attachments. The comparison would be interesting . Golf season is around the corner and im about to start going to the dome to hit balls. My gym has reopened and im back working hard on a general and core workout as well as back to every other day Superspeed workouts. I would close out each workout with the pro as i would need it as well as experimenting with some pre golf golf swing pre workout sessions.
3.I am a 2021 Albatross Club Member.

This is one I really would love to have the opportunity to test. For me it might be more important than any piece of equipment.

I have dabbled with them but never bought one. I have tried a friends but not a Theragun.
My body is a mess. I have a chronic back issue that hasn't been able to be diagonsed, hip problems tied to a car accident when a kid and muscle tightness from a lengthy illness. I stretch and do mobility regularly and feel this could make a big difference in my daily comfort and hopefully improve on the way I feel on the golf course.
I am a 2021 Albatross member and on THP more every day than I probably should be.

1. Have you tried percussive therapy devices before? NO
2. What makes you want to try Theragun PRO? It might keep me from regular chiropractor more if I have something to treat minor aches
3. Confirm you are a 2021 Albatross Club Member Always have been and always will be.

Thanks for a chance THP.

1. Have you tried percussive therapy devices before? Yes, I own a Theragun Mini.

2. What makes you want to try Theragun PRO? I am a 58 year old active person with knee, back and shoulder problems. I would like to remain active and reducing or eliminating aches and pains would go a long way to help me maintain an active lifestyle.

3. Confirm you are a 2021 Albatross Club Member. I am a 2021 AC Member.

I currently have the Theragun mini

I would love to be able to reach my back better and not have to ask my wife or strain my arm or reach tough spots.

Confirmed

At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

12-1024x692.jpg

The Theragun PRO
If you follow the THP Forum reviews, a few months back we sent Theragun mini units to 10 golfers to review and the thoughts were game changing for golfers. If you missed those reviews, you can find them here. We wanted to get reviews from golfers on one of the other units as well. The Theragun PRO is a larger unit that has every bell and whistle you could imagine. Check out their website for the details here.

The Theragun PRO kit features everything shown below and regular cost is $599. The device is professional grade and works extremely well with mobile app integration taking your routine to new levels. For those wondering, it does fit in the side pocket of our golf bags, and using it before the round is warmup perfection.

What comes in the Theragun PRO case

Criteria
You must be able to check in on the forum thread daily (or close to it) to discuss usage and answer questions.
You will be reviewing this amazing tool for a period of 60 days (then it is yours to keep).
This one is for Albatross Club Members only. The club is open to everybody and helps support an amazing charity. If you want more info, click here.

How to Signup
Comment below and answer these 3 questions.

Theragun PRO app

Then sit back and in a few days we will announce a group of THPers and send units out to each. Remember this is not just a contest, but a willingness to help provide feedback on these incredible devices so that those looking for facts can be informed.

Looking forward to seeing who joins in on the Theragun PRO.

Continue reading...

1. I have 0 experience with percussion therapy

2. My mom is a LMT. I have so many trigger points that are balled up she doesn’t even try to work them all out. With this I could eliminate them. Plus I just started a MMA themed workout routine with the kids. I am a sore dude, I haven’t lifted heavy in 20 years.

3. Yup! Always. Plus you know I’ll review the snot out of it. 😂

1. Have you tried percussive therapy devices before? Yes, tried the mini. and it works wonderful.

2. What makes you want to try Theragun PRO? The mini works well but looker for a bigger unit to get the harder to reach places on my back. And looking for deeper stimulation with the assorted attachments.

3. Confirm you are a 2021 Albatross Club Member. Yes, Yes I am!

1. Have you tried percussive therapy devices before? I have not.
2. What makes you want to try Theragun PRO? I'm into my mid 40's now and spent the majority of my teen and college years carrying heavy drums in marching band and drum corps. Since I've taken up golf in my adult years I definitely feel like my lower back has seen it's share of wear and tear and I'm ready to start exploring options to help keep myself pain free as I get older. I'm really feeling it right now in the Ohio cold as I'm trying to practice for Spring and relearn how to hit my driver again.

Wow, what a great opportunity! Thanks THP and Theragun, I absolutely enjoy being able to test and review for the Forum. :drinks:

Not yet, hoping this might change that.​
The reviews on the Theragun Mini have had me so close to buying one, everything points to it being an incredibly useful device, and the Pro sounds even better. This old body of mine could definitely use some Theragun help before and after golf, and some of the other activities I do. Heck, I'd even share it with my wife, I know she could use it sometimes too.​
Yes I am an Albatross Club member, I couldn't imagine being active on this forum and not being a member.​

Last edited:
You have to be crazy to not participate in this.

1. Have you tried percussive therapy devices before? - YES! The Theragun Mini is the greatest thing ever.
2. What makes you want to try Theragun PRO? - I want something that is a bit easier to use at home with more feature rich options.
3. Confirm you are a 2021 Albatross Club Member - You better believe it.

1. Yes, I have the mini (thanks Budget Golf) and it really works wonders on getting loosened up as well as aches and pains.
2. Really impressed with the mini, the added features make this very interesting, the app function would be a benefit if able to do specific routines to get specific results.
3. As soon as it came out what a great purpose that comes with many more benefits.

1. Yes, used an older Theragun model
2. I am very excited to the see the integration with their mobile app, which was previously pretty basic
3. (y)

Might as well throw my name in the hat, been pondering getting one.

No, I have yet to use a device like this.
As I get older, sore muscles and lack of flexibility becomes more of an issue. From everything I've read and heard about these devices, it could be a real game changer in terms of recovery and possibly even to loosen up before the round. Would love to find out.
Yes, I am.

I am a recent adopter of percussive therapy, purchasing the Theragun Mini a while back. I did not think it would be as beneficial as it has been, and my family uses it often.

If the Theragun Mini has one shortfall for me, it is that it takes two people to use it on the back. It's perfect for travel and to hit legs, arms and chest, but anything on the back can be a bit of a logistical challenge without an extra set of hands. And wouldn't you know it, I seem to have pinched a nerve somewhere in my back near my shoulder blade while working on my garage door and the best relief comes from using the mini by my shoulder blade. So I have been asking the wife pretty much nightly to help me out, which i am sure looks like a knock-off episode of Friends with me going "more right. no, my right. yeah that way. wait, too far. up a little. a little more. ok right there. wait not too hard..." With The Theragun Pro, I could do all of that myself and my wife would be able to live in peace.

Can confirm.

Yes, when I went to chiropractic, it was not the best for me at that time, but it helped me discover that I was not having back issues, rather I needed a new hip. Cut to 2 years later, bought a knock off - and it's ok, but not nearly as good as the device that my chiro used.
First; it's having the knock off and knowing that simply put it's just not as effective as the real deal - and frankly it does not work that well. Add that, I have back issues, a new hip, arthritis in both wrists, my wife has a new hip and needs a second one - so we would likely be frequent users between us. My back is better from weight loss, but I plan to play more golf this year, and this tool would likely help reduce post round issues in the wrists and lower back.
3. Confirm you are a 2021 Albatross Club Member. Joined earlier this week. A most worthy cause.

1. I have used percussion gun therapy while receiving treatment from a chiropractor. He uses it in his treatment protocol. Beside my chiropractor I used one this past November when I was suffering from some sciatica issues in my gluteus maximus.
2. Being an athlete who came to golf a little later in life I like to approach golf as a part of an athletic lifestyle. I try to work out daily, have a specific stretching routine I use each day, and do these things to help improve my golf and as well sustain my overall physical health. I have had success in improving as a player with this approach, to me the work done before I swing the club is as important as actually swinging the club. I would love to incorporate the Theragun into my daily fitness/recovery routine, see how the app integrates with and helps to both treat and warm-up various areas of the body, and share my experiences with the device.
3. I am an Albatross Member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back