Search results for query: *

1. Mark_UK

PXG Fitting

Didn’t see that coming! After my disastrous CC fitting the other week, I stumbled across an ad for a local PXG fitting. Never considered them before due to their ridiculous pricing, but now they are more competitive, I thought why not, give em a whirl. They were down at the range at a local...
  2. Mark_UK

Club build questions

So I ditched my trusty old P790’s the other month for Ping G425’s and it’s been a disaster. Its made me realize I love my P790’s and I prefer graphite shafts. Today my buddy surprised me with a P790 7 iron he’d built for me with a MMT shaft (it was stiff, but at 80g I really enjoyed it rather...
  3. Mark_UK

Club Champion Fitting

Just booked a fitting with club champion (they have a pretty good deal on right now). Fancied something different to my P790’s and bought some Ping G425’s after trying my mate’s clubs. Totally ignored my own advice, no fitting and it’s been a disaster. I’ve had basic fittings before (and one...
  4. Mark_UK

Ben Sherman Golf

Stumbled across the new Ben Sherman golf collection today. First time they have done golf gear. For those that don’t know, Ben Sherman is a British brand with roots in the mod culture. I’d say the same kind of style and vibe as Penguin but better quality. As a big fan of their gear, I’m pretty...
  5. Mark_UK

Playa Del Carmen / Cancun golf

I imagine plenty of you have taken the clubs here. Any recommendations for when I’m there in a couple of weeks? Have booked Coyote GC but we’re looking for one more. Mayokoba should be in great nick as we’d be playing it straight after a LIV event, but we’ve been reading many say it’s not worth...
  6. Mark_UK

MPCC - Monterey Peninsula Country Club

Finally got to play MPCC today, so I thought I’d jot down my thoughts, add some pictures. I’ve been trying to get on there for a while and today was finally the day. It completes my Monterey Peninsula bingo card as I’ve now played them all in the area (Cypress isn’t on my card because I have...
  7. Mark_UK

Rugby World Cup

No love for this on the forum, so not sure if anyone is watching. I know they are some Aussie members, I assumed they have stopped watching LOL. First day of the quarters today. Good game this morning with Wales getting knocked out (the one and only time you’ll see me cheering Argentina)...
  8. Mark_UK

Maui golf

Going west for the first time to Maui end of September, beginning of October and the clubs are coming with me. Any tips, ideas on courses I should play. Kapalua was the obvious choice but it’s showing as $525 a round which is more than Pebble!!! I’m thinking the course is not worth that amount...
  9. Mark_UK

Quivira Golf Club - Cabo

Off on my first trip to Mexico later this month and I’m tempted to take the clubs. She’s not a golfer so I’d be playing as a random probably with another group (which isn’t an issue). The hotel is attached to Quivira golf club so I’m contemplating taking the clubs. The course looks freaking...
  10. Mark_UK

St. Andrews new patio area

Seriously, who in the R&A thought this was a good idea?????🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🫣🫣
  11. Mark_UK

RIP Barry Lane

A little shocking to read Barry Lane has passed away aged just 62. That’s no age whatsoever. Probably not a huge name in the US, but was a permanent fixture on the European tour from the mid 80’s and was a pretty permanent fixture as I became obsessed with golf. Good player, real nice guy to...
  12. Mark_UK

Rufford Ford Fails

As someone that revels in other people’s stupidity, I have found myself becoming completely obsessed with these videos. I spend hours watching people attempt to drive through this ford, with mostly disastrous results. It just adds to the hilarity, seeing all the YouTubers with cameras just...
  13. Mark_UK

RIP Christine McVie

Gutted. One of the biggest talents in a band (Fleetwood Mac) oozing with talent. Loved her songs, loved her voice. RIP.
  14. Mark_UK

Photo Heavy The Links At Spanish Bay

Crossed the last of the Pebble courses off the list today by playing Spanish Bay. One of, if not the hardest course I’ve ever played. The greens were definitely the hardest. Undulations everywhere. The views are great with plenty of Oceanside holes, many of the holes seem to play towards the...
  15. Mark_UK

The US Open at a Pebble Beach

Looks like the US Open is going to be visiting Pebble Beach fairly regularly in the next few years. It’s going to be held at Pebble in 2027, 2032, 2037 and 2044. The woman’s Open is to make regular appearances too. I don’t know if the USGA use a roster system like the R&A but I think this is...
  16. Mark_UK

The Peter Hay @ Pebble Beach

Today I played the Peter Hay which is the newly Tiger Woods designed par 3 at Pebble Beach. One of my regular guys is a Dukes member, which is Pebble’s discount program, so gets some free rounds every year at the Hay. As I suspected, it’s not worth the $65 fee, although the starter did tell us...
  17. Mark_UK

Ping adjustable hosel issue

Want to try and dial my Ping G410 down a degree, but the head seems to have bonded to the hosel. Never had an issue with any of my previous Taylor Made or Callaway drivers. I’ve tried giving the driver a little firm tap on the ground to try and free it but no joy. Anyone any ideas to try and...
  18. Mark_UK

Criquet Polo Shirts

As this company seems to be marketing itself sort of as a golf apparel company, anyone any experience with them? Really like the retro look of their shirts and am happy to drop a bit of extra coin on a decent looking shirt. Not looking at wearing these on the course, more a pub shirt. Basically...
  19. Mark_UK

Ace Or No Ace Part II

Yes or no?
  20. Mark_UK

Home Theater

Looking to get some ideas as I keep flip flopping. As I put in the home renovation thread, I’m lucky to have moved into a house that has more space, and a nice square room that’s crying out to get a decent set up installed. We have a decent sized family off the kitchen, so whereas this isn’t...
Back