Search results for query: *

1. mtbloco

Can you describe the sound from what you think is the best sounding Driver?

I’m not sure that I can identify what is the best sound. I can describe differences between drivers. But claiming this is the best…and stating why. I can’t. So educate me.
  2. mtbloco

WWYO : Gin & Reel (speakeasy near tpc Scottsdale)

I just got home from a fun night at Gin & Reel. A speakeasy near TOC Scottsdale. Sat at the bar and had a great conversation with the bar tender. They had done great cocktails and spirit list. What are you ordering?
  3. mtbloco

Drills to lengthen putter stroke back swing.

I’ve been told by two very knowledgeable people that I need to start working on lengthening my putter stroke backswing. How does one go about that? I hope to avoid looking at my back swing to ensure it’s far enough as that would be a disaster. I have a Blast Motion. So plan to use it...
  4. mtbloco

Do you have a golf reputation?

Everyone has aspects of their game that they identify with. But what aspects of your game do your golf buddies attribute to you? Are you the bomber, the stick, never miss a putt guy, The Hot head, trash talker, Party guy…or even the Busseller? Is there something about your golf game that...
  5. mtbloco

Paradise Reunion

@willplaysgolf @Jtubb17 @Browndog and @mtbloco this thread is for a littler reunion trip for Paradise 2022. At Browndog’s home course. But could serve for all paradise reunion golf trips! Sapelo Hammock GC. Georgia sea coast.
  6. mtbloco

Should I have a driver shaft re-tipped for my Driver?

Question for the collective brain power here…. Two weeks ago I was fortunate to have @xThor look at my swing and fit me into a better set up. When he first saw me swing, I was playing my 12 deg LTDx Driver with a Kinetixx Velocity D20 shaft. I was searching for better launch etc...
  7. mtbloco

Destination Golf - How do you choose your location?

Traveling and playing golf is so much fun, especailly when you can join up with a bunch of like minded friends. There is always the debate, fancy golf, good golf better experiences, Marathon golf, I just want to sneak out while my wife is at the spa? What is your motivation...reason for going...
  8. mtbloco

2023-2024 College Football Thread

It's past the 4th of July....Time for the mind to wander to the upcoming College Football season. Looking over the opening weekend slate....LSU vs. FSU is the headliner. No great battle of titans this year it seems. Go Blue!
  9. mtbloco

That great swing that comes out of seemingly nowhere.

Saturday during our AZTHP league play, i was shall we say, not having a good day. My body was tight. I couldn't rotate, and was swaying. My drives were low sweeping hooks. It was not pretty. occasionally i'd hit one that managed to stay in play but that was not the norm. Then on the 17th...
  10. mtbloco

Unofficial get together PopStroke Orlando Thursday 5/4

Small group of us will be at PopStroke Orlando on Thursday evening 5/4. it would be cool if any THPers could join us. Completely casual. Just and excuse to meet more THPERS and have fun. Who’s game?
  11. mtbloco

May 20th - AZTHP League Match Signup Poll

HI, I need to find a Phoenix area course for our May match. The 20th is the normal third Saturday. Sterling Grove would run about $119. Will look at other options that should be under $100 too. May will mark the start of rate drop season...I HOPE! Please vote if you can attend so that I...
  12. mtbloco

Cobra Snakebite 2023 Wedges

2023 Snakebite wedges https://www.cobragolf.com/pages/snakebite
  13. mtbloco

Hitting that shot in your mind, even if the result is not what you wanted.

How often do you envision your shot and when you look up after follow through, the feel and look of the ball in flight is exactly what you envisioned? However the result ends up tantalizingly close to perfection, but ultimately it didn't work out. Does that shot stick with you more than others...
  14. mtbloco

Chocolate Pizza

Rather unique and unexpected delivery at work. THis showed up awhile ago. I'm not sure what I think yet. What say you THP foodies? I have not tried the pizza yet. But the Peanut Butter wings.....are fantastic. (imagine a peanut butter cup ON and over a potato chip)...
  15. mtbloco

AZTHP December 10th. Call-out! match. Dorado CC Tucson

AZTHP December 10th. Call-out! match. Dorado CC Tucson 27 holes. $30. discount on hotel next to course if one wants. https://doradocc.com/ use this thread to call someone out!
  16. mtbloco

AZTHP October 22nd Robson Ranch Sign up poll

We are playing Robson Ranch on Saturday Oct 22nd. The conditions are really good. Should be fun. Poll closes very soon @Doubleb21
  17. mtbloco

AZTHP league championship Sign up Poll

Are taking part in the AZTHP League Championships (Nov 4th and 5th)? We are playing Sewailo GC for our annual league championships. This year, you can choose your tee box and CH will be calculated accordingly. Jade is the default tees. You may choose to step back and play longer tee if...
  18. mtbloco

Review Cobra Ultralight Pro+ Stand Bag

Cobra Ultralight Pro+ Stand Bag key features: 5lbs Five way top Extra large cooler pocket Easy Flex Base and stable leg design 9 pockets Magnetic Rangefinder pocket. First impressions: The bag is well constructed. Zipper quality is very good. Location and size of pockets are...
  19. mtbloco

AZTHP Escape to Torreon

@Wildcat4life @oumagic @Roadrunner and I are up in the cool pines for Show Low AZ. 6331 ft in elevation to play a charity scramble at a private bucket list course. Torreon GC OU made a signature cocktail…we haven’t named it but it’s tasty!
  20. mtbloco

Course Review Troon North Monument Course

Sitting at the 19th hole on Saturday, @tanker337 turns to me and asks..."Do you want to play Troon North tomorrow? I can get a discount." Maybe it was the beer...no it was the course....I said yes in about 5 seconds. This is an AZ bucket list course. It is always near or at the top of the...
Back