100 greatest public courses in America

sooooo need to do a bandon trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I started saving for this one last year. We're looking at 5 days of 36, or more, per day. Go big or go home!

I started saving for this one last year. We're looking at 5 days of 36, or more, per day. Go big or go home!

sooo smart!!! cannot wait to see the pics and follow next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 and the 3rd hopefully this year as it is only a 2 hour drive and barely $100 to play.

These lists crack me up at what is public. $500 with a 2 night stay required might as well be private. Miles off from a course you can get a tee time a week or 2 our and only costs $100.

Ive got 6 checked off.

Kiawah Ocean
Sea Island Seaside
Torrey South
Caledonia
Trump Doral Blue Monster
Innisbrook Copperhead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 for me. I had more checked off but a few of the 2016 courses dropped off the list this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

To be honest with you I am surprised at Belvedere in Charlevoix Michigan is on the list. Don't get me wrong it's a nice course but it doesn't even belong on the top 10 in Michigan let alone in the whole country. I would love to know how they decide on these courses.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have played 7. I passed on opportunities to play several more and regret it.

Played 10 of em. Whistling is my favorite I've played followed by Pebble

I’ve only played 1 of them thanks to THP

Wow, way too many courses from TSUN (loyal buckeye here).

Sadly I’ve played exactly one on this list, it was Longaberger at the time, now Virtues here in good ol’ Ohio.

Tons of courses in TSUN (probably bribed Golf Digest FWIW:)), and Wisconsin. That one really surprises me. Cheese, Packers, Beer, and golf? Maybe those folks have it figured out.

I apologize if this thread has already been started. But I was just reading through the Golf Digest list of America's top 100 golf courses.

I was surprised to see how many courses Michigan has on the list!

I have been very fortunate and been able to play 12 of these courses.

How many of these courses have you played?

https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/americas-100-greatest-public-courses-ranking

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Of the Michigan courses on the list I have played Arcadia and Forest Dunes. My dad says Bay Harbor is his favorite course in the state so I need to get up there, might as well play the Bear and Boyne while I'm there as well. :wink: I have never heard of the course in Charlevoix but it looks like a nice track.

Just 5 so far but there are a handful somewhat local that I should be able to play at some point.

I've been lucky enough to play 15 of them.

1. Pebble Beach
21. Chambers Bay
22. Kapalua Plantation
26. Mauna Kea
35. Gamble Sands
36. Torrey Pines South
48. Links at Spanish Bay
49. PGA West TPC Stadium
53. Wolf Creek
55. Crosswater
56. The Dunes (Myrtle Beach)
65. Makai
75. Doral (before Trump)
82. World Woods (Pine Barrens)
93. Torrey Pines North

A whole bunch in Wisco. Nice. I have only played one of them :(

I've played 11 of them. Kinda surpised I have played that many.

Not a one on that list. May need to start traveling more.

I'm so sheltered. I think I've played 4 of them on this list. Maybe 5.

Looks like I've only played three:

Torrey Pines South (36)
Wilderness Club (42)
Torrey Pines North (93)

3 so far:

Arcadia, I've played this a couple times, great course
Pete Dye (French Lick) This was my favorite
Donald Ross (French Lick), Good course, but it was really hot when we played it so it took some of the fun out of it

Adding Tullymore this summer.

Played 11 of them. If we could remove Streamsong Black and Pine Barrens, this list might get more respectable again.
Haven't played Black but I really don't understand Pine Barrens being on this list.

I have no interest in ever playing it again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Only 4 for me. Both French Lick Resort courses, Caledonia and The Dunes in Myrtle Beach.

I've had a few chances to play Harbour Town but the locals I play with there would rather play elsewhere.

I’ve played 7 total, 5 of 8 in Oregon and 6 of 9 in the PNW. I am a bit ashamed that I haven’t played the 3 in Central Oregon. I have to fix that soon.

I'm your huckleberry. Lets plan a couple bend Friday/Saturday trips man.

Just three :disapointed:
Broadmoor East - just played it once, love the distance boost you get up that high
Greywalls - I'm intimately familiar with every wrinkle of that property B4 it became a golf course as I was hunting/fishing/snowmobiling on it almost everyday growing up. DeVries designed an amazing golf course on it and hardly changed (hurt) a thing
Boyne Highlands Heather - played it just once, played several public courses not on this list that I liked more
I thought I had played a 4th, but the Barton Creek course I played a couple times (Foothills) isn't on the list. I never played Canyons. Foothills is one of those I would rank over Boyne though.

100 greatest public courses in America

I’m at 18 for this public course list.

My number for the top 100 in the world is about 25.

Back