14 way divider or hate'em?

I detest a 14 way. I started buying staff bags because there are no nice looking 6 way cart bags left. 14 ways tangle under the divider after the first bump and are a nightmare to me for the next 17 holes. Give me an open 6 way any day of the week. Now they are starting to ruin carry bags as well with that hideous invention.

Taptaptaparoo

I'll take my 7 way, 14's just too many to keep up, and if you actually have to pay attention to make sure you don't get two in the same slot, with the 6/7 ways you just slide the club in the general area.

I'd love a staff bag, but I think they'd be too big for the cart.

I'll take my 7 way, 14's just too many to keep up, and if you actually have to pay attention to make sure you don't get two in the same slot, with the 6/7 ways you just slide the club in the general area.

I'd love a staff bag, but I think they'd be too big for the cart.
They are not too big for the cart!

Maybe a push cart, but not a riding cart.

Like 14 for a cart bag. Prefer less in a carry or a staff.

I understand it could happen, but how often does it? In this thread alone I've seen a few people mention the 14 dividers keep them from losing clubs. Does it happen often enough to be a choosing factor for many people? I bet I've played over 400 rounds in the last 3 years and I've never lost a club for more than one shot. Admittedly I almost always walk, so maybe when carting it's easier to do?

Definitely easier when riding - most clubs that get left are the wedge you take with your putter to the green. A person gets into putting and just forgets they laid the wedge by the green.

That said, I've probably left a club at the green 3 or 4 times in 20 years. Only once did I not figure it out by the next green.

Snap hooked from my Galaxy S3

Resurrecting this thread.

What are some of the best 14-way divider stand bags currently on the market?

Im using the Sun Mountain C130 and have no issues with it. Great bag

So glad you did...been struggling on whether to pull the trigger or not on a Sun Mountain Four 5. Getting annoyed fighting my bag getting my clubs in during a round

My next bag (whenever that happens) will be the Callaway Fusion 14 Hybrid stand bag.
bags-2014-fusion-hybrid-stand_1938___1.png

bags-2014-fusion-hybrid-stand_1938___2.png

So glad you did...been struggling on whether to pull the trigger or not on a Sun Mountain Four 5. Getting annoyed fighting my bag getting my clubs in during a round

Still have my Four-5 bag as a back up. I currently have Sun Mountain H2No cart bag, also with the 14 way divider and love it except for at the range.

Going to try a staff bag, but will see how it goes with out the 14 way divider.

Love my PING Pioneer cart bag. Tons of space for everything. I also have an OGIO something or other with the Woode system for when I carry.

I like the 14 way divider on my Sun Mountain Hybrid bag just fine. The two slots at the top of the bag are bigger than all the rest, so no worries with an oversize putter grip, etc.

My next bag (whenever that happens) will be the Callaway Fusion 14 Hybrid stand bag.
bags-2014-fusion-hybrid-stand_1938___1.png

bags-2014-fusion-hybrid-stand_1938___2.png

I ahve one of those that I am not using, if shipping wasnt that expensive, I'd put it for cheap on the marketplace

I like the 14 way divider on my Sun Mountain Hybrid bag just fine. The two slots at the top of the bag are bigger than all the rest, so no worries with an oversize putter grip, etc.
And here is what I'm talking about:

8894EF89-40A3-4F64-B928-A884C43FEC30_zpsdtdhggeb.jpg

have yet to find a 14 way top with full length dividers that eliminate bag chatter. If you guys know of one let me know please.

Just chiming in...I hate those 14 divider bags. :alien:

Just chiming in...I hate those 14 divider bags. :alien:

hate is a bit strong, but I was not fond of it either, I also tought it was a bit too heavy, but that may be the hybrid bag more than the 14 dividers

And here is what I'm talking about:

8894EF89-40A3-4F64-B928-A884C43FEC30_zpsdtdhggeb.jpg

Sun Mountain have the best out there IMO. The hybrid bag is quality and great at not getting the clubs stuck.

Love my new sun mountain four.5. My first 14 way bag and wish I had done it years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the 14 way bags, but really need about a 17 or 18 way bag. Yesterday I was carrying 2 drivers, a 3 wood, 3 hybrid, 4 - UW irons, 52, 56 and 59 degree wedges and 3 putters.

have yet to find a 14 way top with full length dividers that eliminate bag chatter. If you guys know of one let me know please.

I would think one of the benningtons would fit the bill for a cart bag.

http://www.benningtongolf.com/golf-bags/quiet-organizer-12-2/

I know others on here have good reviews of the QC-12 and I think I saw a review for the QC-14 not too long ago.

Or their is the Bag boy revolver too:

http://www.amazon.com/Bag-Boy-Revolver-Golf-Black/dp/B00EUZIN1E

So where do you put clubs 15-17?

14 divider sounds so ... restrictive ...:act-up:

Love my Sun Mountain Hybrid w/ 14 full length dividers. Bag chatter is annoying- and I definitely don't wanna be that guy with the iron headcovers! ha

Love my 14 way TM bag, although it does add a little weight when carrying.

Back