14way divider? Why do you hate them? Or like them?

14way divider? Why do you hate them? Or like them?

• Hate or dislike?

Votes: 17 12.3%
  • Like?

Votes: 94 68.1%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 27 19.6%

• Total voters
It's big, for sure. I don't carry so I don't know, but when I look at the weights of the bags is it really that big of an issue? I looked up the weight specs of the Sun Mountain C130S--6.8 lbs. I then looked up the Ping Hoofer 5 way--5.5 lbs. Does an extra 1.3 lbs really affect you that much over a round? I'm asking honestly, I haven't carried for 18 holes for I don't know how long.
Just the fact that it has a single strap would disqualify it as a carry bag for me. If I was going to carry I'd want a harness-type strap to distribute the weight better. It's miserable to have one shoulder bearing all the weight for an 18 hole walk.

Just the fact that it has a single strap would disqualify it as a carry bag for me. If I was going to carry I'd want a harness-type strap to distribute the weight better. It's miserable to have one shoulder bearing all the weight for an 18 hole walk.
Oh, definitely. If I was going to carry it I would use a double strap. I guess I was just surprised that the weight difference wasn't more than that.

Love 14-ways. Can't imagine any other way at this point.

I used to get the bottom of the grips splitting in a 4 or 6 way bag, from one club going in and hitting the bottom end of the grip already in the bag, sometimes even finding a grip rolled back 1/4" when pulling a club. I don't think grips wearing from rubbing on each other while seated in the bag is a valid concern. The fact that I use midsize or jumbo grips may or may not be a factor.
I can safely say I have played a thousand rounds with a stand bag and have never seen that happen. And most of the time I’ve got 17-20 clubs in the bag for testing.

That’s definitely interesting!

It's big, for sure. I don't carry so I don't know, but when I look at the weights of the bags is it really that big of an issue? I looked up the weight specs of the Sun Mountain C130S--6.8 lbs. I then looked up the Ping Hoofer 5 way--5.5 lbs. Does an extra 1.3 lbs really affect you that much over a round? I'm asking honestly, I haven't carried for 18 holes for I don't know how long.
When you start adding clubs and all your stuff to the bag, the 1.3lbs is huge (for walkers and push carts) motorized push carts it wont matter

Golf bags are my guilty pleasure, similar to my wife's fascination with handbags and shoes. Currently, I own 9, of which 4 are 14-way divider cart bags, with 3 Q-12 Benningtons, and 2 15-way dividers. All 9 have full-length dividers. I like that my clubs stay organized and the grips don't tangle. It's literally been years since I've had any difficulty removing/re-inserting clubs. Also, I've never lost or forgotten a club greenside.

For those that don't care for these style bags, okay. Everyone's different.

Forged v. Cast on line 2
Asking Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

I’m a meh. Don’t necessarily like em but don’t break out in hives because of them. I have both at home and use both

preference is carry my clubs. so I go light with bag and 14 way normally not light.

I like the 14 way as everything has its slot. I’ve never had problems with clubs getting hung up with the 14 way. I ride or use a push cart so the extra weight doesn’t bother me. I don’t usually test clubs so 14 spots is enough, I only have 13 clubs in the bag anyways.

I am a fan of 14 way bags. I walk with a remote cart and use a Vessel with full-length 14-way dividers so I cat no tangle or grip damage. Club noise and chatter is minimal if organized correctly and I like that every club has a slot.

Indifference.

I own a 14 way and a 6 way. They are both nice bags and I enjoy things about them both.

I certainly dont give a rats butt what kind of bag someone else uses and think it’s weirdo behavior when people do 🤣🤣

Last edited:
I love the 14 way bags. I know exactly where each club is and they are tangle free.

Put me in the indifferent camp. My first bag I bought was a 14 way stand back datrek in 2019. I liked it fine. Definitely prefer the Srixon bag I got at the Srixon experience and it is a 5-way. I will not get another 14 way but understand the hate.

Big 14-way divider fan. I like the organization and ease of club selection it offers.
Same. Much prefer the 14-way over all others. That said, I still have a couple other 5-way bags and I use them when carrying or when I need a stand bag.

I like my Sun-Mountain 3.5 14-way but I HATE that there is no specific putter well spot for a putter with a larger grip. And I like Ping Hoofer 14 bag and the larger tops slots but I HATE that the bag does not have full length dividers. Come on guys!

Since i ride and have a cart bag.... *shrug* .... dividers for me.

I remember my grandfather had these long plastic tubes that people would put in 6 ways back in the olden days to keep their clubs from getting all jammed up and disorganized. Never really gave it much thought but maybe that’s all they had back then? I couldn’t tell you what kind of bag anyone I play with has but after using modern 14 way cart bags for so long I wouldn’t want to go back.

I'm indifferent candidly- I have and use both 14 way and 5 or 6 way, think we're split 50/50 on the bags in the house right now. I used a 14 way stand bag last year almost exclusively, and then ordered a 14 way cart bag during the Victory cup as I didn't own a cart bag, and wanted one.

I like my 14 way for each club having it's own spot, that's my CDO making an appearance.

I don't like the clubs getting hung up in the bottom of the bag and haven't found one yet with true full length dividers. They're usually nylon fabric in the bottom and that's where the issue lies, IMO.

The demo fits

Maybe I am just blessed from birth with exceptional spacial perception, hand-eye coordination, and manual dexterity because I have never had difficulty removing or inserting a golf club in a bag no matter how many openings the top had.

Maybe I am just blessed from birth with exceptional spacial perception, hand-eye coordination, and manual dexterity because I have never had difficulty removing or inserting a golf club in a bag no matter how many openings the top had.
You’re not alone. Perhaps we have super powers?

Though I’ve proven you can’t fit 20+ into a 14, but you can a 4, 5, or 6 way divider.

Back