• Total voters

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10

Man...

15k posts?? Where'd the time go?

I wont make this too long winded. Since first coming into THP as a new non member way back when (5 years i think?), as "PinSlayer" instead of PKorf, a lot has changed. Not only has THP changed (for the better mind you), but alot has changed in my life. THP and its members have come along with me in various facets of life. Heartache when we lost our first child at 10 weeks of pregnancy, job changes that impacted how much or how little i could participate in THP events or within the forum, the community has been there to help celebrate my family's accomplishments, it was one of the first places I took to scream from the mountain tops that my wife had gotten pregnant again. It understood the jubilation in my life when our little bundle of joy arrived in January. THP gave me several opportunities to meet what are now some of my best friends....NO....not just online friends. Literally some of my best friends. These guys know who they are and I couldnt thank THP enough for being the vehicle for those friendships to evolve. Ever since the beginning ive tried to be real, honest, blunt, non pandering, grateful, maybe a little too moody at times lol.... THP has taught me how to be more tactful than I once was.

I think one of the most interesting things THP has helped me to realize is that there are a ton of other like minded people within this community that mutually love golf, but also mutually love life and the ride it provides us all. Sure, It has a few characters that I prefer to not even interact with at times. But, the collective whole are a bunch of people that are very sincere with no hidden agendas or bs trolling. THP is special in many different ways to me on a personal level......I PROMISE if you give it the chance, you will inevitably feel the same way as i do. Enjoy it, your way...and eff the naysayers.

Thanks @GolferGal & @JB for this very special place i love to call home. Keep doin your thing and avoid all of the noise that is created by people who are jealous of what this place has become and will evolve into down the road.

PS.....15k might be time for a forum name change....

I vote for staying the same!

Congrats! After joining in Nov of last year & reading this makes me even more glad that I jumped in.

I would keep it the same. But I would also like to vote that if there is a name change, the picture should not be able to be changed for 30 days so we all know who the heck is who. :LOL:

I do think you should keep it the same, its working for you no need to reinvent yourself, however I like @Canadan suggestion Korfmeister.

Write in's? I vote "BigPkorfDaddy" :) Celebrates the new family while giving you a little "keeping my pimp hand strong" swagger. I expect "BigPkorfDaddy"to show up in a purple tux at a THP event. :D

With 15k posts in just over 4 years, I'd recommend @slowposter as the new screen name! Haha...

Anyway, I'm sure I'm one of those "...few characters that I (you) prefer to not even interact with at times..." so take it for what it's worth. I agree with much of what you said about this place. I'm glad I stumbled on it a couple years ago.

Keep it the same sir-- no need to mess with what's working for ya! Congrats on the milestone and the bundle of joy.

Keep it the same

Well since TwoGloves isn't an option I'm going with KorfMonster. Regardless of you changing it I'm going to refer to your daughter as Little KorfMonster.

Great post sir! I voted PinSlayer since I wasn't here when that was being used but I do like the name you have now!

With 15k posts in just over 4 years, I'd recommend @slowposter as the new screen name! Haha...

Anyway, I'm sure I'm one of those "...few characters that I (you) prefer to not even interact with at times..." so take it for what it's worth. I agree with much of what you said about this place. I'm glad I stumbled on it a couple years ago.
yes....you have annoyed the piss out of me at times. lol But im not petty enough to block anyone and usually appreciate the banter as long as it doesnt turn in a negative manner. Its all good man. Everyone has their own perspective and we dont have to agree on everything. That would be pretty boring. Keep being you buddy and i promise to keep being me. That should be enough for the both of us!

Well since TwoGloves isn't an option I'm going with KorfMonster. Regardless of you changing it I'm going to refer to your daughter as Little KorfMonster.
Shoot......i forgot about TwoGloves....

No need to change a great thing right!

yes....you have annoyed the piss out of me at times. lol But im not petty enough to block anyone and usually appreciate the banter as long as it doesnt turn in a negative manner. Its all good man. Everyone has their own perspective and we dont have to agree on everything. That would be pretty boring. Keep being you buddy and i promise to keep being me. That should be enough for the both of us!

You'll never know how much I love you for that.

I have a good friend that I served with for 20 years. We were in our technical training after basic training together and stationed together 3 times over those 20 years. We were like black and white, on and off, left and right. It didn't matter what the topic, we were on opposite side. I'm conservative, he's ultra-liberal. He unfriended me on Facebook because he couldn't deal with differences in our posts. One thing I'm sure of, though, if I ever needed him for anything, he'd be there. Friends don't always have to agree on everything. In fact, I love having friends that see things differently than I do. If I ever need a differing opinion, I know where to go to get it.

I have never used the ignore/block feature on any forum and I doubt I ever will. I don't understand how anyone can do it. Just seems short sighted, uninviting, and snobbish to me.

I joined almost exactly 1 year before you and have 1/6 the number of posts as you. I lurk a lot though.

Keep the name.

Back