2-man teams what order do you prefer

2-man teams what order do you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doesn't matter to me. If I am playing with someone that bombs it, I usually offer to go first to try and get one in the fairway so they can let it fly.

I only really pay attention when we need to have some strategy, otherwise ready golf is good for me.

I prefer to play first and feel like I can just play my game. I usually don't do well in scramble formats because I am usually last and have my swing for the fences swing and I usually play poorly.

But really I just like to play it like any other round. Just whoever wants to go, go and let's have some fun!

With lots of THP team events already announced for 2016 I'm curious what order you prefer to tee off in for non-alt shot format.

For me its dependent on format and on my partner. In some cases i prefer to let my partner tee off first to put a ball in play and I take the more aggressive play. Other times I can go first for the same reason and be the one who puts a ball in play and let my partner go for it.

I would agree with this, partner and format helps make the decision.

Honestly never played a competitive round but closest in a certain kind of way is a scramble. Then it comes down to who has the longest drive upside. If that's me, last it is. If it is someone else, I am happy going out and putting a decent shot in play. These days my FIR's have been running 80%+ at decent distance so that's a contribution I would be happy to make

Put me first. I prefer to go first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noticed some guys like to go with the flow of the round and switch up if/when needed. I prefer to keep whatever we start with throughout the round so if I go first I will continue that.

depends on format and which one of us is playing better that day.

Depends on the partner and the format.
I think I have done pretty well (and pretty poorly) going either first or second, I really do not remember.
Probably I prefer to go second, if my partner gets one in play.

I don't care one way or the other... I'm fine first or second... I'm fine switching it up by set holes, randomly switching or remaining regimented for the round for the OCD-challenged. G$$$ doesn't sweat the small stuff, just finds the fairway off the tee.

I'm more comfortable hitting second (or fourth in a foursome). I guess I'm just used to letting everybody go first as a courtesy from when I was really terrible.

I prefer to go with the ebb and flow, I am not anymore comfortable at any specific point in the order, now hat doesn't mean I'm not confident anywhere but ultimately I will either have a good drive or not. I don't have an extra gear with Driver so if my partner has one in play or not I'm still swinging my swing unless we really play safe and take another club other than Driver.

I think it depends on the partner and their game. If they are particularly longer then me off the tee, then I would want to go first and get one in play so they can swing for the fences. If I'm a better iron, short game, putter then I would want to go second to take some of the pressure off of my teammate. I also don't have a problem mixing it up throughout the round.

I prefer my partner to tee off first. Let them hit what ever they want and see how it turns out. I think they feel more relaxed, I then I can swing for the fence or play the safe shot. Seems that if I go first, I tend to tighten up, thinking I need to hit the perfect shot. I am just uncomfortable going first unless my partner is much better than I am.

I'm good either way honestly, to me both are equally important.

I can play either position, I think it depends on the strengths/weaknesses of both players

Depends on my partner are they more accurate or longer than me? More accurate then I like going second after their ball is in play I can take a more aggressive line, longer than me and I'll club to put us in position for the green and they can bomb away.

I'm pretty easy going. I generally like to putt first unless I trust my partner's reads. Generally if I don't trust that person I'll end up over thinking the line which is why I like to go first, but if I have trust in my partner it doesn't usually effect me.

I don't care really. All depends in format and who is swinging well and what the results are.

I marked depends on partner. I'd like to discuss and see what he/she is comfortable with and play to our strengths.

JM

I enjoy hitting first. Generally play with guys who hit it longer, so try and hit the fairway, let them bomb.

It depends on the partner, the format, and how we are playing that day. I'm comfortable either way if my partner feels strongly about the order. I don't mind changing the order if we need to shake it up.

I went with Other. I just want to get on a two man team. After that I don't care when I hit

I picked depends on partner. If partner is longer with equal or better dispersion, I prefer to go first. If partner is longer but they can get away from them fairly often, I prefer them to hit first to see what I need to do. Prefer not to automatically default to the safe shot to start things off. Could leave a lot of longer approach shots and less scoring opportunities if the 2nd guy gets wild.

For me, it is all about the format. And a little bit about my partner.

I am comfortable with all aspects of my game, and know my strengths and weaknesses, but more importantly, I want me and my teammate to be on the same plan when it comes to the format and decide from there what we need to do.

Back