2008-2009 NHL Season / Fantasy

I thought the Pens were calling B.S. on that. At least according to the article I read a couple of days ago, there are photos showing him in the handshake line.

No it's no BS he made little effort to go through the line leaving Lindstrom hanging. However all that said my take on it is simple, first off no way in hell a 21 year old kid should wear the "C" on any pro club let alone an NHL one. So for those of us that can remember back to that age ( I do have trouble doing it to be honest) how might you have acted at the age if you just won the cup? This time it was for real not in your driveway at home, the pond Dad built behind your house, the pond at the local park, free skating on Saturday afternoon at the local arena or even better yet when you won the league championship in Atom's, Pee Wees or Bantam's. Who I find fault with is Gonchar, Gurien or even Mario himself (I'll burn for that comment). Why didn't they grab him point him in the direction he needed to go like a good Vet should. That's why there are Vet's to take kids under their wing and make then into a complete player not just his skills. Being a Capt isn't just about being the best player on the team it's about leadership. I know that if I had been blessed with the God given talent that this young man has and I had won the cup at that age I doubt I would have been as mature as he was. That's where the older players come into play and why Sid as good as a player as he is isn't a true Captain. People need to stop make excuses for him and let him grow into the player they expect he should be. He's a kid who without this great talent would only be (1) year out of juniors or still playing university. In short they don't call him Sid the Kid for no reason...he's a kid and from I see he'll be around the league for many years to come as well as becoming a great marquee player for the league as he matures.

I agree totally with what you have said, but why has no one told him to apologize? He made a statementabout it, but not apologize. Didn't LeBron James do the same thing after losing his series...just ran off without shaking hands. The coaching staff should be tutoring these kids, and mistakes happen, but man-up and apologize.

Good question, I think he hasn't because he did make it to the line just very late. What King James did was just refuse to shake hands period. It's really Lindstrom that he owes the apology to. I see Paul Mo just locked up with the Canesnot sure if that's a good thing or not. Although they did get further then most thought they would.

Back