2008-2009 NHL Season / Fantasy

Lol Harry that is so old and Calgary isn't even in the playoffs.

Common :D

I know, but I ran across it right after I clicked on this thread.

It had to be done.

Spoiler
Actually, I didn't know Calgary wasn't in the playoffs because I quit following hockey a few years ago.

That would be make the price of admission well spent.

Well My Bruins are out 2nd year in a row that they took a series to the limit and lost, against the habs last year that was one thing, but this year it just hurt bad congrats to the canes guess I gotta root for the blackhawks, I know detroit is good but I want someone diff to win. And as for Boston....just going to say that the front office better not screw things up in the off season can Neely come down and suit up again LOL I'd really like him in management I want more of his stamp on the team make a great thing even better.

Woo, go Wings!!! Next stop: the Chicago Blackhawks in the Western Conference finals.

I still can't believe that the Canes took out the Bruins. I was so ready for a Wings Bruins Cup Final. Sorry no real excitement for me no matter if it is the Canes or the Pens that win. I would be schocked if the league won't do everything in their power to assure the Pens and Sid the Kid are in the finals. All they'll have to do it add a little yellow to the Zebra's sweaters so they'll be part of the team. The big indicator for the league should be that there were two game seven's last night and other then local or CBC neither game was covered. That should be enough to tell them that the game isn't selling worth a plugged nickel. Sorry but the officiating during the playoffs has been nothing short of a joke. The league obviously feels it must get Sid a cup so they can further promote him. Crosby is an exellent hockey player but the love has gone over the top.

NO fear the Wings will knock the penguins out in 5 games 6 at the most.

I can not wait for THP Fantasy Hockey next year. Golf and Hockey are the only things that I follow closely. I am a ture Hartford Whaler fan from childhood who moved to Raleigh the year that the Whale relocated. 3 Conference Finals, 2 Stanley Cup Finals, and 1 Cup over the last 7 years is impressive for any team without Wings in their name.

The NHL did everything they could to screw the Canes during the Boston series and they still pulled it off. I just hope they make Francis the head coach and get rid of Maurice soon before mediocre hockey returns.

NO fear the Wings will knock the penguins out in 5 games 6 at the most.

Well it certainly isn't going to be in 5 but 6 has a chance but tell me after game4 are you just as confident? Everyone is forgetting the Ducks and just how bad they beat up the Wings, the Pens saw no one to give them the same tiff. I would be happy to see the Wings win the cup but the Pens looked very strong after they scored the shorthanded tally the other night. I hate to say it but I think it's the Pen's in 7 maybe even 6 the Wings look that tried to me. Don't get me wrong I think both teams are excellent clubs but in a series where they are both rested and healthy the Wings would have won in 5. That doesn't take away from the Pen's if they win, it's just the way the game goes.

The Wings looked really strong last night. It will be interesting to see in the Pens can bounce back on Tuesday or if the Wings dealth them such a crushing defeat that the Pens are mentally broken.
Crosby was crying like a kid who pooped his pants on the playground and really the entire team lost their composure. There were lots of stupid penalties.
I especially loved when Crosby got that penalty for slashing that the fans started chanting, "Crosby sucks" and for the rest of the game, anytime that Croby was in the fans started chanting, "Crosby sucks". LOL

Well the whole season comes down to 60 minutes of ice time. When you cut it all aside two pretty good teams. The first three games could have gone either way with game four was all Pens and game 5 all Detroit, then game 6Pitts early with the Wings having them on the ropes at the end. So four out of six games was anyones to have. So I'll go out on a limb and say while the WIngs might have an edge in game 7 I don't think for a minute that the Malkin and crew (notice I didn't say Sid, sorry this little kid isn't the leader) are going to give the Cup up without one heck of a fight. Wow that sure was a limb eh? OK here are my two hero's for game 7.......................
Detroit: Lindstrom (One more time into the beech)
Pen's: Talbot (This guy could play on my team anytime!)

MVP:
If the Wings win.... Ozgood (Yes he will end up in the HOF as well he should)
If the Pens win......Crosby as mandated by Bettman (The real one Malkin.)

You must be on something funny in Michigan to think that Pitt is going to win a game 7 in Hockeytown....you should be exiled from the state for that statement. Wings win in an easy 1...Fleury is not good enough, sorry.

MVP:
If the Wings win.... Ozgood (Yes he will end up in the HOF as well he should)
If the Pens win......Crosby as mandated by Bettman (The real one Malkin.)

It was good to see Malkin get it. Those last few minutes were insane. Nice save by Fleury.

You must be on something funny in Michigan to think that Pitt is going to win a game 7 in Hockeytown....you should be exiled from the state for that statement. Wings win in an easy 1...Fleury is not good enough, sorry.

Let's just say that I have a little inside info and knew it was going to be tight. I did call it on Talbot, I just love the heart this guy brings to the game.

It was good to see Malkin get it. Those last few minutes were insane. Nice save by Fleury.

Yes it was great to see that the guy who really deserved the nod got it. Malkin was impressive in every game but game 5. Talbot what more can you say but this guy just got it done. The one I feel for in the Wings room is Osgood...he'll never get the credit for the contribution he gave to the Winged Wheels during the playoffs. Great job by the Pen's and crew winning the cup! As much as people said that the Pen's didn't belong on the ice with the Wings this couldn't have been farther from the truth just ask any of the Wings. They knew right from the get go that they were in a fight. We were entertained by an outstanding playoff series and both teams deserve a Gung Ho. There will be some soul searching in the Wing's room over the break with several guys not returning. The first is Conklin, word is he's going to be headed to Dallas or a west coast team. I think this is a mistake as he helped the Wings this year and Howard isn't going to get it done. That will bring more pressure on Oz next year. What about Hossa???? Where will he end up? I hear things who said you can't go home again! Then again the Wings won't let him go without a fight. Samuelsson and a few other are unlikely to return up front and Chelios says he'll play another season but with what team is yet to be seen it's a shame to see his time in the show end but it happens to everyone. So will the Pen's return to the Cup next season we'll have to wait and see. While the Wings will try and revamp don't look for them again next year they'll challenge but I don't see them back again for quite sometime. I'm not a huge Wings fan but I admit I wanted them to win more for Ozzy then any other reason because I felt it was their last grab at the ring. Hopefully Crosby's knee isn't too bad as much as I tired of his never ending whining on the ice he is an outstanding talent.

Maybe, just maybe, people can now start classifying Fleury as an elite goaltender.

Guess he thought he was good enough...hehe

Maybe, just maybe, people can now start classifying Fleury as an elite goaltender.

Fleury is not yet an elite goaltender...I am a Hurricanes fan and I would not classify Ward as one either, and Ward even won the Conn Smythe trophy when they won it.

If I could have my pick of any player from the penguins it would be Malkin, he is just a great all-around player. I just hate Pitts fans from all sports, in my opinion they have gotten worse then Philly fans over the last few years in level of abrasiveness.

Not quite yet, a good twinner yes but not yet elite.

Elite really only counts Kipper, Marty, Turco, Luongo, and maybe JS G. I think that Fleury, Ward, Thomas, Biron, Miller, and a few others are in the fantastic category, just not elite.

For current elite I'd agree with Kipper, Luongo & Brodueur with Marty being the Big Dog. I might be able to make a case for Backstrom but it might be premature.

Forgot about Backstrom...he is definately an Elite. If I could have my pick of any of them right now for my team it would be Backstrom first.

Anyone else see that Sid the Kid acted like one by not shaking the hands of the Wings after winning the cup. There are a few articles about it online where the Wings waited around for a little while to shake hands with him, but he never did....acknowledged that he did not in a later interview, and did not apologize for his actions. Oh well.

Is is better to be a sore winner or a gracious loser?

Anyone else see that Sid the Kid acted like one by not shaking the hands of the Wings after winning the cup. There are a few articles about it online where the Wings waited around for a little while to shake hands with him, but he never did....acknowledged that he did not in a later interview, and did not apologize for his actions. Oh well.

Is is better to be a sore winner or a gracious loser?

I thought the Pens were calling B.S. on that. At least according to the article I read a couple of days ago, there are photos showing him in the handshake line.

There was an AP article where Zetterberg and a few other said that he left the hand shake line to celebrate with teammates and never came back to the line. Zetts said that how Sid acted was "disgraceful".

Back